News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2008

Started by CTG, January 06, 2008, 01:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Even if I don't like the German football: NO MORE C. RONALDO, WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! ;D

Chulk

Damn! I should have stayed with my original tip. I've said Germany would win in many different posts and changed just because Frings wasn't playing...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: CTG on June 19, 2008, 02:28:26 PM
Ah I forgot to tell the penalty part:

CRO-TUR 1-1 after 120 mins, Turkey wins penalty shootout.

Glorious day for the Turkish reserve goalie...

Nostradamus lives! ;D

CTG

Just an interesting fact: Turkey was leading for 6 minutes (overall) at Euro2008 - but won 3 matches...

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: CTG on June 20, 2008, 11:47:58 PM
Quote from: CTG on June 19, 2008, 02:28:26 PM
Ah I forgot to tell the penalty part:

CRO-TUR 1-1 after 120 mins, Turkey wins penalty shootout.

Glorious day for the Turkish reserve goalie...

Nostradamus lives! ;D

Best prediction yet! Good job
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Russia plays better, lucky equalizer by Netherlands. Very good match! I hope we won't see penalties again.

Duplode

Amazing, mind-blowing game by Russia, seriously one of the most impressive performances over a whole match (and more!) I remember from recent past! Eastern Europe FTW!!  8)

BonzaiJoe

I'm in total awe of Russia!  :o

I was really moved, watching this game. This is the way football was always meant to be played. Best match I've watched so far. Also great play from The Netherlands, but it was a very well-deserved victory, Russia was stellar.

zaqrack

I happened to be in Germany on the days the Germans and the Turks have played, and at the second day I seriously thought that this time the Turkish have not stopped at Budapest, but invaded Germany - the streets were completely crazy and filled with Turkish flags :)

CTG

Germany vs Turkey is just coming, not happened yet... :D

BonzaiJoe

True, but Germany - Portugal and Turkey - Croatia were on two consecutive days.

Anyway, I've had completely the same experience! I was in June... actually on this exact day the 22nd of June, 6 years ago when Turkey beat Senegal in the World Championship quarter-final. And the streets were PACKED with happy turkish people shouting, singing, dancing, waving flags and honking forever. There was no way to tell we were in Germany and not Turkey. I would like to see Hamburg tomorrow (?) when the semi-final is played.

CTG

For today: go Spain! It would be too strange to see all the group winners falling. And I also would like to see Akoss crying about the result (because of "certainly unfair" help to Spain by offside goal/stupid refree/weather). :P ;D

CTG

Fashion teams out (okay, maybe Spain is that, too) - the permanently strong and well ordered German, the fanatic and lucky Turkish, the improving offensive and fast Russian and finally the strong, history killer (?) Spanish teams are still alive.

My predictions

Germany - Turkey 3-1
Russia - Spain 1-1 (Spain wins penalty shootout - again)

Chulk

My tips for semis:

Germany 2 - 0 Turkey
Spain      2 - 1 Russia
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Germany-Turkey 4-0
Spain-Russia 1-1
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km