News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2008

Started by CTG, January 06, 2008, 01:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Poor Turkey, damned lucky germans... Poor me, I couldn't watch the match (no internet, the hostel's club with large screens was full). Tonight: go Russia! I'll watch it at home... :)

Chulk

Turkey played much better than I expected with so few players available. Germany's effectiveness was just too much for them. But still a great Euro for them reaching semi-finals!

Spain will win today as Spanish Offense/Deffense is more balanced than Dutch, which was much more offensive and hence more open for counter-attacks (Russian specialty this Euro)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Chulk

Well... we have our final contenders. Bets are open!

Spain 3 - 2 Germany

The Spanish eleven has destroyed everything history had against them (quarters - Italy - PK's on June 22...) and now are really confident, even if David Villa can't play (it's not sure yet), when (Fran)Cesc Fábregas came in yesterday, Spain started to play better.
Germany will pressure the usual amount of minutes but playing full power for 25-30 minutes won't be enough this time.

BonzaiJoe

I find this final very difficult to predict. It seems clear that Spain has the higher top level, so if they perform to the maximum, they will win. However, Germany has a really high bottom level, so if Spain doesn't have a good day, Germany will win no matter what. I predict a German win because the German style is better suited for a final. It will be a typical 1-0.
But we can't be quite sure.

Chulk

Well... I got the winner and BJ got the result, only the other way around! Not a very entertaining match to watch and it gave the impresion Spain was always in control of the match. It never felt like they could loose even when they were 0-0. Congrats to Spain for breaking every curse they had over them. Maybe South Africa 2010 (if it's played there, Blatter has a "plan b" if things get worse) can confirm they have changed the history of Spanish national football team.

Duplode

...and for once the undoubtedly best team won, without ifs or buts, a fitting end to a brililant tournament. Congratulations to Spain!

CTG

I'm fed up with this disgusting C. Ronaldo - Manchester United - Real Madrid saga... Headshot for him!

Chulk

Fifa World Ranking list (sorry it's a bit delayed...)

Rank   Team    Pts Jul 08  Rank Jun 08  Pts Jun 08

1       Spain       1557          3                254
2       Italy        1404          1                -20
3     Germany     1364          2                 90
4       Brazil       1344         -2              -169

5   Netherlands  1299           5               188
6   Argentina     1298          -5              -261 [/i]
7     Croatia      1282           8                265
8     Czech        1146         -2              -100
9     Portugal     1104           2                10
10     France     1053          -3               -90
36   Denmark      722          -3                -28
52  Hungary       591            0                 11

I don't get how can Brazil be over Argentina if they got only 1 point in last 2 Matches and lost a friendly with Venezuela while we got 2 draw Vs. Brazil and Ecuador in last 2 matches and won Vs. Mexico our friendly and draw the other Vs. USA...

On another news: Cvitanich who recently moved from Banfield to Ajax accepted to play for Croatia's National Team. Another Argentinian playing for other country.

alanrotoi

Maybe Brazil still got point from the last Copa América.

PS: Next Copa América will be in Argentina :)

Chulk

Quote from: Rotoi on July 12, 2008, 05:44:49 PM
Maybe Brazil still got point from the last Copa América.

We should have those points too. The only possiblity is that Argentina has loast more points than Brazil due to "Presciption"... (I want to say Vencimiento but the word in English doesn't come into my mind right now).

Edit: The expression I was loking was "points expired"!

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on July 13, 2008, 02:13:09 AM
We should have those points too. The only possiblity is that Argentina has loast more points than Brazil due to "Presciption"... (I want to say Vencimiento but the word in English doesn't come into my mind right now).

Edit: The expression I was loking was "points expired"!

Must be it, that's the only way the gap could actually have become larger. There must be something really stupid on those ranking formulas... ::)

Quote from: Rotoi on July 12, 2008, 05:44:49 PM

Well, beating you guys in the final will be a lot more lively and colorful if it is played at Buenos Aires... ;D

Quote from: CTG on July 11, 2008, 05:31:25 PM
I'm fed up with this disgusting C. Ronaldo - Manchester United - Real Madrid saga... Headshot for him!

Nauseating indeed, some people do make a point of acting just like their stereotypes...

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Under-19 European Championships in Czech Republic.

Day 1

Germany-Spain 2-1
Hungary-Bulgaria 1-0 (Németh 11')

Czech Republic-England 2-0
Greece-Italy 1-1

Top 6 will qualify for the Under-20 World Championships next year.
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

alanrotoi

Racing Club, my team, won the promotion so we still are in the "A" league.

PS: jaja "won the promotion" me causa gracia leer esa mentira en ingles jajaja.

PS2: This is our stadium for 51k people. http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=-34.667572,-58.368575&spn=0.002047,0.005407&t=h&z=18

PS3: This is the coat of arms. The star means the Intercontinental cup we won ^_^.

PS4: And this is the shirt:

The club born in 1905.

Chulk

You came back to the forum just to post about Racing? That sucks man!

(Es joda Alan, soy tripero asi que este año nos toca zafar a nosotros...)

CTG

Football joke of the year: Samuel Eto'o will continue his career in Taskent. Or not... ;D

http://www.pfc-kuruvchi.com/eng/news_details.asp?newsID=601