News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2008

Started by CTG, January 06, 2008, 01:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

Last round:

SWI-POR 1-1
CZE-TUR 2-0

GER-AUS 2-0
POL-CRO 1-2

NED-ROM 2-0
ITA-FRA 1-1 (penalty shootout!)

RUS-SWE 3-2
SPA-GRE 3-0

Duplode

Finally caught something live - 2nd half of SWE - ESP. As it seems Sweden has gone plain clueless attack-wise after Ibrahimovic was subbed out... but Spain was really captivating, both in flair and fighting spirit!

Mislav

I don't really understand why Croatia can kick ass Italy (2x), Germany(2x), England(2x) etc. but when it comes to play vs. Switzerland (2006), Malta, Austria, sometimes it's so hard to score a single goal. Any ideas?

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mislav on June 15, 2008, 01:45:16 PM
I don't really understand why Croatia can kick ass Italy (2x), Germany(2x), England(2x) etc. but when it comes to play vs. Switzerland (2006), Malta, Austria, sometimes it's so hard to score a single goal. Any ideas?
Maybe Switzerland, Malta and Austria are stronger than England, Italy and Germany. :D

BonzaiJoe

Maybe the Croatians have some psychological issues like undestimating some of the weaker teams, wanting an "easy" day, but then being extra set up and motivated against the big teams.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on June 14, 2008, 11:24:25 PM
Last round:

SWI-POR 1-1
CZE-TUR 2-0

GER-AUS 2-0
POL-CRO 1-2

NED-ROM 2-0
ITA-FRA 1-1 (penalty shootout!)

RUS-SWE 3-2
SPA-GRE 3-0

If Italy and France plays an 1-1 draw (or 2-2, or 3-3 etc.), and Romania loses against Holland, (and I'm not mistaken,) Italy will go through the quarter finals. That's because in this case, Italy, Romania and France will both have 2 points. The results against each other counts, if I know well. The mini round-robin table would look like this

1 Italy 0 2 1 2-2 2pts
2 France 0 2 1 1-1 2pts
2 Romania 0 2 1 1-1 2pts,

and between France and Romania, the goal difference will be decisive (not in this round-robin, but in the full group). So Italy would go through in the way they were eliminated in 2004: the more goals scored in their draw-finished matches.

If they play 0-0, then:

1 Romania 0 2 1 1-1 2pts
1 Italy 0 2 1 1-1 2pts
3 France 0 2 1 0-0 2pts,

and between Italy and Romania, the goal difference will decide. If Romania loses exactly 3-0 to Netherlands, then it will be the UEFA coefficient decisive (because there's no ITA-ROM match in the last group round).
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Let's hope NED will kick the gipsy asses! ;D

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

By the way, check http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19079.pdf

You can find the correct rules about the question.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Oh my... Turkey guys are really fanatic. Poor Cech... :-\

BonzaiJoe

That was appalling :( I am sad because I hoped Czech Republic would win. But I must say it was a really impressive performance from Turkey, they have very high discipline, fighting on so strongly in the rain when they are down 2-0 with 20 minutes left.

Chulk

Quote from: Mislav on June 15, 2008, 01:45:16 PM
Probably it is because they play very well when Counter-Attacking, and not so good when they have all the responsability to break a strong defense, they just lack the ideas...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

BonzaiJoe

After seeing Germany today, I can see only three teams can still win this championship: Portugal, The Netherlands and Spain.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on June 16, 2008, 10:37:42 PM
After seeing Germany today, I can see only three teams can still win this championship: Portugal, The Netherlands and Spain.

That's not exactly what Gary Lineker said in 1990... ;D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on June 16, 2008, 10:37:42 PM
Don't forget Croatia. With their "B" team they were better than Poland.