News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2008

Started by CTG, January 06, 2008, 01:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on June 16, 2008, 11:00:02 PM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on June 16, 2008, 10:37:42 PM
After seeing Germany today, I can see only three teams can still win this championship: Portugal, The Netherlands and Spain.
Don't forget Croatia. With their "B" team they were better than Poland.

This Croatian team is quite good but still far from Portugal, Netherlands and Spain. And don't forget: they are playing with Turkey - very hard oppontent with endless enthusiasm. I'm not sure about a Croatian victory in the quarter-final...

Quote from: CTG on June 14, 2008, 02:55:49 AM
CRO-POL 1-0

;)

Chulk

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on June 16, 2008, 10:37:42 PM
After seeing Germany today, I can see only three teams can still win this championship: Portugal, The Netherlands and Spain.
Portugal? Really? Am I the only one who thinks they're not so strong and only had a very easy group? I think Germany will beat them but I'll tip after every 1/4 final matchup is decided. About Spain, if they have to face France or Italy, I don't think they can win easily...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on June 17, 2008, 12:11:10 AM
Portugal? Really? Am I the only one who thinks they're not so strong and only had a very easy group? I think Germany will beat them but I'll tip after every 1/4 final matchup is decided.

Because you hate C Ronaldo. Me too. ;D On the other hand I also hate German football, so... :D

My priority list for winnig Euro2008

1 Netherlands - shall I explain or their 7 goals to Italy+France is enough to say they are in bombastic shape? On the other hand they can just play worse than this...

2 Spain - very good forwards, without Raul they really seem to be more combinative and faster. Their big disadvantage is the history, they always fail in the important moments.

3 Portugal - because C. Ronaldo is a gay asshole...

4 Germany - strong as always, maybe a bit high and mighty: it caused their loss versus Croatia. Good lesson for them, they won't underestimate their future opponents at this tournament.

5 Croatia - Quite good team as I wrote earlier, but defeating Germany was a kind of luck for them. I'm cheering for them (and Spain) at the moment.

6 Turkey - not so technical or nice game but their fanatism is world-class. You could see versus SUI and CZE: it means a lot!

7 and 8... well, it will turn out soon but those two teams won't be very strong.

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on June 17, 2008, 12:24:01 AM
Quote from: Chulk on June 17, 2008, 12:11:10 AM
Portugal? Really? Am I the only one who thinks they're not so strong and only had a very easy group? I think Germany will beat them but I'll tip after every 1/4 final matchup is decided.

Because you hate C Ronaldo. Me too. ;D On the other hand I also hate German football, so... :D
I don't hate C. Ronaldo. Well, I do! But that's not the reason. Even if he's the best player in the world (I don't think so, but...) he can't win a Championship by himself. Messi can't, Zidane wouldn't have won if he hadn't had great players around him, Pele had a superb team, Maradona had a great defense behind him... It's simply impossible. And the rest of Portugal team is just not good enough. That's why I bet on Germany instead for 1/4 finals.

Mislav

CTG said: "Croatia - Quite good team as I wrote earlier, but defeating Germany was a kind of luck for them."

?????

I DON'T THINK SO!!

You know the new definition of football?

"Football is a game with two teams of 11 players where Germany wins in the end, except when playing against Croatia."

:)

CTG

Well... the main problem* was that Germany underestimated Croatia. I guess they would beat CRO 6 or 7 times from 10.

* problem for Germany, I cheered for Croatia (+ Russia, Poland, Spain) from the beginning of the tournament.

CTG

Italy... ;)

(Thanks God, Romania is out! ;D)

Chulk

My tips for tomorrow's Group D matches:

Spain    2 - 0 Greece (Güiza will show all his scoring power)
Russia   0 - 1 Sweden (Someone after a free kick)

CTG

Don't forget: Arshavin will be back today! Let's hope Sweden will be out.

GO RUSSIA!!!

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on June 14, 2008, 11:24:25 PM
Last round:

SWI-POR 1-1
CZE-TUR 2-0

GER-AUS 2-0
POL-CRO 1-2

NED-ROM 2-0
ITA-FRA 1-1

RUS-SWE 3-2
SPA-GRE 3-0

;)
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

HOT MESSAGE FROM AKOSS POO IN SMS:

No Internet for him today. He asked us to tip on the results after 120 minutes (due to the possible extra time) and he also predicted the results.

Quote from: Akoss Poo
POR-GER 1-1
ITA-ESP 1-1
CRO-TUR 2-0
NED-RUS 4-2

And my tips:

POR-GER 2-1
ITA-ESP 1-2
CRO-TUR 1-1
NED-RUS 3-1

BonzaiJoe

POR-GER  2-0
CRO-TUR  1-0
NED-RUS  2-2      (Russia wins penalty shootout)
ITA-SPA   1-1      (Spain wins penalty shootout)
But we can't be quite sure.

Usrin

GER-POR 2-1
ITA-ESP 1-1 (Italy wins penalty shootout)
NED-RUS 2-1
TUR-CRO 2-0

Btw, BÖFF! ;)
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Ah I forgot to tell the penalty part:

CRO-TUR 1-1 after 120 mins, Turkey wins penalty shootout.

Glorious day for the Turkish reserve goalie...

Chulk

My tips:

POR  2 - 1 GER (Frings insn't playing, so now POR will win in 90')
CRO  1 - 1 TUR (PK)
Quote from: CTG on June 19, 2008, 02:28:26 PM
CRO-TUR 1-1 after 120 mins, Turkey wins penalty shootout.Glorious day for the Turkish reserve goalie...
I actually think that's why they'll loose, just to make the other goalie look even worse.
NED  3 - 1 RUS (in 90')
SPA  2 - 1 ITA (in Extra time)