News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

WSM 2008 - Location unknown

Started by zaqrack, January 07, 2008, 10:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

OK, looks like we'll have a nice meeting after all!
We'll have some live races, chili beans, and OK, some Böffs are welcome too (if they are not THAT big :)) We can also redo the mountain time trial if you'd like to :)

my number is 30/4591896 still, contact me if you have any questions.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: zaqrack on August 15, 2008, 01:23:27 PM
OK, looks like we'll have a nice meeting after all!
We'll have some live races, chili beans, and OK, some Böffs are welcome too (if they are not THAT big :)) We can also redo the mountain time trial if you'd like to :)

my number is 30/4591896 still, contact me if you have any questions.

Well, is there enough time to do that all? I can arrive at Budapest earlier than 14 CET if we want the time trial. I would like to try it, though I'm 10-12 kgs heavier than in 2004... Usrin might be interested, too - and I guess he is faster than me.

Don't know how much I can check this forum when I'm in Hatvan, but you can call me on +36 30 4107459 if there's anything new.
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

Usrin

Nice plans! I'm interested in the time trial, I hope we'll have enough time for it. Akoss, don't worry: although I don't have any extra weight, I haven't had time for training for a few months.

I'm not sure if I can arrive earlier, but I'll be surely there at 14 CET. BÖFF!
Btw, neither my number has changed, it is still +36 20 4210523.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Results 11.08.2004
Hármashatár-hegy (499m) uphill time trial (2,4 kms, average gradient 7,0%)

1 Zak (road racing bike) 9:03
2 Akoss (mountain bike) 12:26
3 Bonzai Joe (mountain bike) 13:07

917.47 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on August 15, 2008, 03:27:46 PM
Results 11.08.2004
Hármashatár-hegy (499m) uphill time trial (2,4 kms, average gradient 7,0%)

1 Zak (road racing bike) 9:03
2 Akoss (mountain bike) 12:26
3 Bonzai Joe (mountain bike) 13:07

I guess I'm unable to complete such a track. :D

Usrin

HHH is only 495 m high based on any available map. :)

Quote from: Usrin on August 15, 2008, 04:08:02 PM
HHH is only 495 m high based on any available map. :)

Then I was wrong.  ;D

917.47 km

Usrin

CTG

Some of the pictures of the 2004 time trial.  ;D

917.47 km

BonzaiJoe

But I improved my time in 2006! Akoss, your time to beat is now 12.19!  Good luck on Monday :) I'm so glad to hear you will come. I had a great meeting with Zak today and the WSM ball is rolling although it's the smallest WSM in history! We are praying to the Stunts Oracle that Zak will be perfectly healthy for Monday! :) And we will miss you, JTK! :(
But we can't be quite sure.

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 15, 2008, 07:44:02 PM
But I improved my time in 2006! Akoss, your time to beat is now 12.19!  Good luck on Monday :) I'm so glad to hear you will come. I had a great meeting with Zak today and the WSM ball is rolling although it's the smallest WSM in history! We are praying to the Stunts Oracle that Zak will be perfectly healthy for Monday! :) And we will miss you, JTK! :(

This time I have no chance to beat that time. I would be satisfied with a time within 14:00. I put on 10-12 kilogramms and I am less trained than in the 2004 year. What is on my side is that I smoke much less than in 2004. Let's have a great battle on the slope on Monday! I guess Usrin will do it within 12 minutes, and, depending on his form, within 11:30, too. If it's possible, I would like to go with the bike I used in 2004.

And in the afternoon, let's hope we can eat chili beans and play some live events! :) Some beers can rise the mood there, too! Well, I'm really optimistic and waiting that meeting really much now!

And yes, we will miss you, JTK...  :(

917.47 km

zaqrack

I can report that Bonzai Joe has safely arrived to Budapest :)
We already met for a short time in the afternoon did some shopping today and also climbed the Gellért-hill while eating lots of berries. I'm busy with other activities the following two days, and still have not completely recovered from my illness but we'll meet on monday for sure.

I just realized the blue bike is given to my uncle right now, the road bikes are converted to single speed. Have some more bikes, but I'll have to check which are suitable for riding now.
That surely leaves us a tandem and my mountain bike suitable for climbing. We'll see if it is possible to do the time trial or not... A tandem race could be a lot of fun. :)

by the way, I'd like to thank Usrin for the great weather forecast for the weekend available on metnet.hu :)

CTG

BÁÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖFF!!!!

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on August 15, 2008, 08:51:10 PM
We already met for a short time in the afternoon did some shopping today and also climbed the Gellért-hill while eating lots of berries.

Damn you were 300 metres away from me.