News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

WSM 2008 - Location unknown

Started by zaqrack, January 07, 2008, 10:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

OK, let's start organizing in time, in order to have a meeting this year!

Today I have received my flight plan, so I know when will I be in China. I'll be here in Europe the whole August. And August is the best time to have a meeting, lets do it!

I'll host again, if there is no other option - but this time I'd rather like to travel. Anywhere within reach :) I'd like to meet the old pipsqueaks, the new pipsqueaks and the non-pipsqueaks as well. I might bring my fianc?e, and expand the meeting to a holiday with some traveling around.  Don't worry, she really knows how to B?FF :)

My recommendation:
August 15, friday, arrival day,
August 16-17, weekend, main meeting,
August 18-19, mon-tue, meeting for those with days off work :)
August 20, wed, departure day

Any possible hosts? Denmark, Germany, Italy? We're waiting... :)
Meeting shirts to be expected and delivered by me, of course to every participant (and the 2007 winners, as usual)

BonzaiJoe

I still don't know my summer plans, but I believe those days should certainly be possible. And I'll come, of course!
About hosting: no clue yet if it's possible. But it would also be better to have it at a new place. Still, it's a possibility if my parents are away from the house. My place is way too small.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

99.9% that I'm coming if it's in Europe.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

If it's in Hungary: 90% that I will drop in at least for one day
60% that I will spend the whole period there

If it's abroad: 5% that I will come.

More hopeful chances for 2009, but this year I'm without a job and without help of parents (they divorced, my father started a new life, and he doesn't want to give me any money), and till this situation exists, I cannot afford spending much money. If it normalizes soon with a good job, I will definitely visit you abroad, too. Till 2009 I have a longer time to build up a normal life, therefore there's a greater chance to travel abroad.

If the meeting was successfully organized this year, I would miss you all so much - but life is so cruel, and Poo is not a millionaire.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

JTK

Oh great, yeah, I'd like to come! What about Aarhus this time (very prefereable for me, of course!)?  ;D
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

CTG

I also prefer Denmark, Budapest is too boring (especially for those who live there for ages).

zaqrack

yep, BJ ask your parents please so we could adjust to them too and set a nice date :)

BonzaiJoe

Okay, I will :)

But I think we should try to determine if we can gather a reasonable number of pipsqueaks. I think we should only have it if at least 6-8 people can come. And if I host it, at least Akoss can't be there...

By the way Akoss, if you host it, you won't have to travel at all ;)

zaqrack

zaqrack

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 09, 2008, 03:45:36 PM
But I think we should try to determine if we can gather a reasonable number of pipsqueaks. I think we should only have it if at least 6-8 people can come.

BJ
Zak + Andi?
CTG
JTK
KHR?
Dinmor?
Lise?

CTG

But if we buy the plane tickets now, maybe Akoss will have enough money to travel...

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: zaqrack on January 09, 2008, 06:22:15 PM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 09, 2008, 03:45:36 PM
But I think we should try to determine if we can gather a reasonable number of pipsqueaks. I think we should only have it if at least 6-8 people can come.

BJ
Zak + Andi?
CTG
JTK
KHR?
Dinmor?
Lise?

Dinmor: unsure. He lives in Copenhagen now, but there's a chance he will be in ?rhus for the summer.
Lise: unpredictable.

But what about Mark L. Rivers, Krys TOFF, Usrin, Argammon, SuperBrian?

BonzaiJoe

By the way, I asked my parents whether they had any summer plans. They don't yet. So I told them about the WSM plans, and asked them to let me know if they turn out to be away during those August day. So nothing clear yet, but I'd say chance of WSM in ?rhus at that time is only about 20%.

zaqrack

Is it better for them in July?

July 11-15 is also feasible for me, but late July not... :(

BonzaiJoe

It's still impossible to say, as they have no summer plans yet. But yes, July 11-15 sounds more likely. However, I may also be going somewhere this summer, and it's more likely that I will be in ?rhus on August 15-20 than July 11-15... (but nothing clear about that either)