News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

WSM 2008 - Location unknown

Started by zaqrack, January 07, 2008, 10:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

any chance to have a WSM outside Hungary this year? Should I start the organizational preparations for hosting it?

BonzaiJoe

No change for me: I would still like to host it, but I don't seem to be able to supply a location for it. I will give word immediately if an opportunity opens up.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Plan A, Arhus: need for exact date, tickets for the plane, spare some money and try to avoid working in that period.

Plan B, Budapest: nothing, just to buy 846434736 bottles of beer... ;D

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

There will be a small WSM today: CTG visits me in Kazincbarcika to get drunken in our wine cellar.
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

BonzaiJoe

I wish I could join you... Have a great time and drink and böff a little extra for me!

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on April 11, 2008, 04:44:40 PM
There will be a small WSM today: CTG visits me in Kazincbarcika to get drunken in our wine cellar.

That was a really mad night! And I'm still not sleeping - only 30-40 minutes at Kazincbarcika railway station. ;D (Zoooombie, zooombie, zooombie...)

SuperBrian

Hello friends, me and my brother also want to participate in the world stunts meeting this year, no matter where it'll be. I hope you'll find a place, else I can talk with my brother about finding a place in Copenhagen..
Charles Dickens said: "An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."

BonzaiJoe

Great news! I am sad to say though that Århus 2008 is almost out of the question now. I had dinner with my parents today and they are not going to travel anywhere during the summer, so we cannot borrow the house. But of course for me, Copenhagen will be almost the same. However, I'd also love to come back to Budapest, and that would fit well with 2004-2006-2008 in Budapest...

I've renamed the label of my pendrive as "OLEPENIS" recently.  ;D ;D ;D

816.79 km

alanrotoi

2003 was my best shot for a travel to europe. Now my personal economy is much worse so I can't imagine making a travel.

I think about you all often. I remember friendly chats, emails, mails, everything. I could like to go there and shake hands with everyone.

Drink a beer for me and I'll be there in the cheers jaja. If the meetings continues in the next years I'll evaluate a travel.

Post the pics in the forum :)

Quote from: Rotoi on July 03, 2008, 12:00:31 PM
2003 was my best shot for a travel to europe. Now my personal economy is much worse so I can't imagine making a travel.

I think about you all often. I remember friendly chats, emails, mails, everything. I could like to go there and shake hands with everyone.

Drink a beer for me and I'll be there in the cheers jaja. If the meetings continues in the next years I'll evaluate a travel.

Post the pics in the forum :)

Unfortunately we didn't organize a world meeting in 2003, but yes, that was probably the most active year in the forum and especially in the chatroom. I also think about that times as a good memory. In the dormitory, I spent all nights chatting there, hoping most of the pipsqueaks, including you, would come. Unfortunately, the chat logs there (which I always wanted to save once on my CPU) are lost forever due to an accident. Now I'm posting a pic taken on WSM 2006 Budapest: here are Bonzai Joe, Usrin, JTK and Zak. ;)

816.79 km

BonzaiJoe

That is a hilarious picture! We all somehow look as if we have a very secret, nasty plan that we are going to carry out soon (probably at the expense of the photographer!)

Alan Rotoi: I also think back to 2003 with nostalgia, but 2008 in the Stunts Community is not so bad either. Not as great as 2003, but we're still here and the Stunts Community is exactly as alive as we all make it. You should let dreams be dreams and come back to create more reality. You can still dream of the "Golden Age of Stunts", but while also living in the reality of a "Silver Age of Stunts".

zaqrack

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on July 03, 2008, 04:43:23 PM
That is a hilarious picture! We all somehow look as if we have a very secret, nasty plan that we are going to carry out soon (probably at the expense of the photographer!)

It is also funny, that even though it was 3 years ago I wore exactly the same set of clotches yesterday - just my hair became a lot shorter.

I recently browsed through the meeting pics - they are all insanely good :) I plan to collect the best and share them on the web - to let the non-participants enjoy the moments as well

zaqrack

Well, there will be probably no "big" meeting in 2008 again :(
But there is still chance to have a smaller 1-day gathering.
Where? In Arhus OR in Budapest!
I'll visit Denmark with Andi between the 20-31 of August (Arhus: Aug 22-29), and surprisingly Champion Bonzai Joe will be in Budapest for a one week long visit just before my departure to Denmark. 

So let's organize a short afternoon live race, and I'll provide the chili beans for the evening. :) my home is your home.

so far only aug 17. looks good, but if I manage to get days off work for aug 18-19, we can use one of those days instead.

Zak

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on July 17, 2008, 11:13:34 AM
and surprisingly Champion Bonzai Joe will be in Budapest for a one week long visit just before my departure to Denmark. 

So let's organize a short afternoon live race, and I'll provide the chili beans for the evening. :) my home is your home.

Great news!!!! ;)