News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Beijing

Started by alanrotoi, February 17, 2003, 07:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juank 23

hi alan, thanx for worry, but i understand it, the reason i told you to explain me in spanish, was because i wanted to catch the idea perfectly, and maybe some words could make me feel confused, instead of all ill try one more time to do it with rh, but i dont know, i still love No using it,
good luck

juank 23

hey for the first time in my life i use rh, its true it improve my no rh in 3.70 sec, i think i just have to practice more using rh and i can get better results, other thing in time whats the difference between auto and manual? is there any way to know that? see ya at the scoreboard at the new track

Unmatched Driver..................... Juank 23 :arrow:

alanrotoi

Lukas Loehrer wrote something about it in http://www.dataway.ch/~lukasl/4dinfo.html

And there is another test out there about transmission types, but I can't remember who or where...

BonzaiJoe

Generally I find much of Lukas Loehrer's information quite dated and obsolete. For an example, he doesn't know about the Corvette and Ferrari power gear.
I'd say there are two advantages of using manual transmission. Firstly, you can shift gear before or during a jump, which makes you land with a much higher speed. This can be a big advantage in many tracks. Secondly, you can switch into 5th gear prematurely, and thereby gain power gear in several situations. This is the most important advantage, and when you really examine it, you will see that it can be used in almost any track. Manual transmission also allows you to switch gears at exactly the right time (auto transmission does it a very little bit too late), which will save you a few splitseconds if you're really good at it. But that's not really an advantage compared to auto transmission.
But we can't be quite sure.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Juank! Which replay handling did you use? Basic or advanced? (check the driving schools link)
Try to use manual trm and join Zak's competition, too. Then you will be a great opponent for me I think!
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

juank 23

hey thanx, the problem, to be honest is that im not really good using manual, why dont we battle each other without using rh for the first 15 days, think about it, and the rest too. i think i can trust you guys, i think that we are more than strangers from different countries, we are friends reunited to enjoy playing stunts, so why dont we try it, hey akoss ill be waiting for your answer, think about it.and read my post, about this idea and using auto transmission for the first 15 days too.

alanrotoi

I agree with that, but I guess it's more difficult now, since there is 1 point for the leading time...

I also like to drive w/o replay handling, so let it be. Maybe not this week, I'm very busy, I have to learn, but next week I will be driving w/o rh. (The current track is a typical rh track.) But I'm always better without rh after I reached my best time with rh.

So until 31st, let us drive -rh!!!!!

917.47 km

alanrotoi

Very good analysis Krys, congrats! :D Did I tell that I like the analysis too much?

Krys TOFF

Thx. :D
If there is something anyone want to tell me about it, do not hesitate.
I'll add some other infos if asked.

Krys TOFF

And we can say thx to Mingva too :
1/ he shortened my CP analysis : I made 10 CP and he only kept 4 in order to me clearer for everyone
2/ He did the picture of CP (I didn't made it because with 10 CP it was difficult to make it easy to watch).

Krys can you show us all the 10 checkpoint times? Thanks.
I like your analysis because there's some text and not only the numbers.

917.47 km

juank 23

hey kriss very good analysis, congratulations, see ya at the scoreboard

Krys TOFF

Thx. For info, Abidjan analysis will be available around April 20th I think.

Akoss : for now I've got family home and I don't have any time to touch the computer (at this moment, I just check the scoreboard and the forum at "noon break" from my job) but I'll make the original Excel 97 file available next week.

Juank : at 1st of April i'll send my RH time.
Until this date, I send only no-RH replays and I don't have time for now to try to improve the one I already sent.

Mingva

Original analysis is available here :arrow: