News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Competition Archive updates

Started by Duplode, January 08, 2008, 04:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperBrian

Oh, I didn't see that.  :o

I have attached the three replays of WMCS6 and WMCS7 in a zip-file.
Charles Dickens said: "An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."

Duplode

Duplode

Just realized that, in addition to those WMCS replays, I don't have even the La Plata track from Alan's 4DSL revival... :-\

Duplode

I expect to wrap up a fourth edition of The Archive by the middle of the month; only the final (8-11) WMCS laps and the sole 4DSL'11 track are pending now. One adjustment that will in all likelihood happen is breaking down the ZakStunts folder in two directories - we are close to the 255 files limit already (!), and furthermore with all files staring by either Z or a number browsing the lists is getting rather inconvenient. I guess splitting at the end of 2006 (Z70) should be enough.

zaqrack

great news and thanks for the efforts!

I would prefer to Split ZakStunts at the end of the 2007 season. I consider 2008 as the rebirth of ZakStunts after the crisis in 2007.

Duplode

Fair enough. Breaking it at Z79 will also make the explanatory notes on the info file less confusing  :)

Duplode

Competition Archive 2011: coming soon to a ZakStunts near you!

The fourth edition of The Archive was just packaged and sent to Zak, and here's why you should get hold of it as soon as it gets uploaded  :). As well as covering the races from '10 and '11 (including, thanks to Gutix and Brian, replays for all of the final WMCS races) and fixing minor mistakes from the previous release, this update adds a handful of interesting, newly/recently recovered historical replays. It contains winning laps for half of 03/04 4DSL (both categories), London, ACT12, ZCT69 and ZCT14 (!). The latter two mean that, for the first time in many years, there are no missing ZakStunts winning replays any more.  8)

BonzaiJoe

I'm going to get it, and then I'm going to sit down and watch every Zakstunts winning replay in chronological order.
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

now available on ZakStunts.
Many thanks Duplode for the awesome work again!

Duplode

The 2013 update of the archive is currently being polished for release. If all goes to plan I will send it to Zak at some point in the next few days...

Duplode

Quote from: Duplode on February 05, 2014, 01:20:47 AM
The 2013 update of the archive is currently being polished for release. If all goes to plan I will send it to Zak at some point in the next few days...

I have just sent it. Once it goes live, you will find the following additions:

• The expected ZakStunts (2012-now) and UnskilledStunts (2013) tracks and replays. USC also got the distinction of being the second competition to have its archive split in two directories.
  • The LeStunts revival races. I did not to include Silverstone, even though it would be amusing to write "in the future" or "0x-201x" in the spreadsheet entry :P  :D
  • Replays for Dinky and Monkey, which complete the archive of the first 4DSL season. Thanks Alan!
  • Last but not least, all ten tracks and winning replays from Luke Loehrer's contest. Since many of those replays use the Competition Car 0.85, I also included the car in the EXTRAS/LUKE directory, with the files renamed so that they do not overwrite the vanilla Indy. The replay files were adjusted accordingly.

zaqrack

Shoegazing Leo

I have some old archives from the old StuntsLOL homesite. I started to do a new, but I stopped due to lack of time.

I can give the files to an upload in a place. This is like a museum.

Duplode

Happy new year folks! This post is a reminder to myself that I am supposed to have the 2015 update of the archive ready for the start of the new season -- so please ping me if I do not write anything about it around here in a week.

zaqrack