Author Topic: Competition Archive updates  (Read 30680 times)

Cas

• Master of Opponents
  • Think different. That's OK... as long as you think
    • View Profile
    • Dimioca Labs
Re: Competition Archive 2018
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2019, 02:24:13 AM »
That's great... the new archive!  And yes, it'd be nice to have it as soon as possible, but that would mean extra work if you have to rework it at the end of the season. I figure that we could wait till the end. If something comes up before, we could hurry it up. With the replays and tracks already collected, everything is safe anyway.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

• Breaths Stunts
  • Fear is your only god on the radio
    • View Profile
    • The Southern Cross Stunts Trophy
Re: Competition Archive 2018
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2019, 12:21:26 AM »
And yes, it'd be nice to have it as soon as possible, but that would mean extra work if you have to rework it at the end of the season. I figure that we could wait till the end.

After reading this, I'm now wondering: why not both?  :) I can arrange a preview release in August, and then prepare a further update for early January, to bring the release schedule back on track.

Duplode

• Breaths Stunts
    • View Profile
Re: Competition Archive 2019 (August preview)
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2019, 10:00:18 AM »
At long last, I am glad to announce the Competition Archive is updated! You can already grab it from the ZakStunts downloads page. The added races were:
  • ZakStunts (2016-), including GAR and NoRH replays (in ZSC3\GAR and ZSC3\NORH);
  • Race For Kicks (2016-), including NoRH replays (in R4K\NORH);
  • Race For Immortality (2016);
  • Superkart Special Event (2010);
  • Le Stunts live races (2017 and 2019); and
  • The high-voltage.cz races I mentioned the other day, including one of the winning replays (thanks to Sledge, the admin).
Furthermore, the Archive now includes all of the twenty custom cars used in the included replays, so look no further next time you need to get hold of the Skoda  :)

This release is labelled "preview" because I will prepare an end-of-season update for January. Besides the remaining 2019 ZakStunts and R4K races, that update will hopefully include the other High-Voltage winning replay (if the race winner still has it) and some of the old ZakStunts NoRH replays (if any of you still have them ;)).

Duplode

• Breaths Stunts
    • View Profile
Competition Archive 2020 now available!
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2021, 03:44:57 PM »
I am happy to announce the 2020 update to the Competition Archive is now available at ZakStunts! Here is a direct link to it. Featuring:
  • DOSReloaded.de: 22 tracks and a few of the winning replays (plus some YouTube links in the !INFO file) from the 2019 and 2020 seasons of the competition held at dosreloaded.de, a lovely German-language retrocomputing forum. Thanks to oerk, the competition manager, and the community over there!
  • ZakStunts: late 2019 to now, free rules and GAR.
  • Race For Kicks late 2019 to now, RH and NoRH.
  • high-voltage.cz: Two more races held in 2020 at Sledge's site.
  • Le Stunts: the five 2020 live races.
  • WSC: corrections to competition information (thanks Cas), and the TATETI.TRK file from season 2008 (which I apparently skipped way back in 2010).
Besides these additions, you will find the full historical collection, which spans all the way back to 1997 and now includes 881 tracks, 901 replays and 21 custom cars.

Cas

• Master of Opponents
    • View Profile
    • Dimioca Labs
Re: Competition Archive updates
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2021, 10:44:28 PM »
Great!  I think we could mirror this archive in R4K :)
Do DOSReloaded.de and high-voltage.cz know about us?  I mean, they clearly do, but all of the things we do here, like different rules for tournaments, making new cars and tools, etc.

Duplode

• Breaths Stunts
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2021, 12:07:11 AM »
Great!  I think we could mirror this archive in R4K :)
Do DOSReloaded.de and high-voltage.cz know about us?  I mean, they clearly do, but all of the things we do here, like different rules for tournaments, making new cars and tools, etc.

Sounds good! I plan to keep updating it every two years or so, so there should be little release churn for you to handle.

They do! For instance, there was a high-voltage.cz post about Zapper's K.I.T.T soon after its release. Also, the DOSReloaded.de competition used several custom cars in its second season, and the track screenshots in their competition threads were sometimes done with Bliss  :)

Cas

• Master of Opponents
    • View Profile
    • Dimioca Labs
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2021, 01:49:50 AM »
There it is!  I made a mirror in R4K. I think I'll be adding a few more things there like about the engine project and an a place to browse the different custom cars.

I believe we should try to link to these guys and have them link to us as well. No point in being separate. Amazing that they use our stuff! :)

KyLiE

• Stunts Expert
  • Italian Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2021, 05:08:12 AM »
Besides these additions, you will find the full historical collection, which spans all the way back to 1997 and now includes 881 tracks, 901 replays and 21 custom cars.

Great work!  There is a lot of history there.