News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Hobbies

Started by zaqrack, January 12, 2008, 03:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

You all know my main hobby is mountain biking.
I also have another obsession. It's writing.
Writing not as writing poems and stories, but writing itself. This developed as I was practicing Chinese characters, I realized writing makes me calm and relaxed and I enjoy it a lot.
As I'm only writing with fountain pens since I was 16, these two combined made a nice hobby.

I collect fountain pens (I'm into Japanese pens), some inks, and quality paper, and just enjoy writing.
Of course seuch pens can be really expensive, but I got two very beautiful ones for my birthday:

A Namiki Vanishing Point with fine nib - the only fountain pen in the world with a retractable nib - perfect for daily use and writing Chinese.
A Namiki Sterling Dragon with a medium nib. - This pen is made of sterling silver, with a lazer-etched dragon on it, and with an integrated nib. I use this for signatures and writing Hungarian.

I also have some inks:
Namiki Blue-Black, Pelikan Black, Platinum Black and Diamine Monaco Red. All have beutiful color, I just need one more pen to use them all. :) This might be a Sailor 1911 soon.

And about the paper:
Paper matters a lot! You can write a lot more beautiful on good quality paper. I have a clairefontaine exercise book for Chinese, and a beautiful Moleskine notebook for work which I bought today. Its what many writers and artists like Picasso and Van Gogh used and is truly a piece of fine workmanship.

CTG

Testing beers from different countries (also collecting beer caps), playing racing games, making different silly statistics, making imaginary races/ranklists for different things of life... So absolute abnormal PC addict things. :D

CTG

CTG

Quote from: CTG on January 25, 2008, 10:18:03 PM
Testing beers from different countries (also collecting beer caps), playing racing games, making different silly statistics, making imaginary races/ranklists for different things of life... So absolute abnormal PC addict things. :D

How could I forget "mocking teenage chicks"? :D

(My youngest active chat Helen is 22 at the moment.)