News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT81 - Light Bulb

Started by zaqrack, January 31, 2008, 09:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What to do when the Indy is too strong on a track?

Do nothing, let everyone race the Indy
2 (18.2%)
Increase/adjust penalty for Indy during first days of the race.
5 (45.5%)
Ban the Indy from the current race
1 (9.1%)
Modify track (adding water) to block shortcuts.
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: February 06, 2008, 08:32:30 PM

CTG

Keep Indy and make closed tracks! Or any restrictions for the winner car like one wheel over the track rule in the next race.

zaqrack

ok, the vote has been cast, thank you for your opinion!

In the future:

• I'll be much more careful at track designing
  • Coeff. penalties will be the following: 4% for winner car, 2% for second, 1% for third. Whole podium by one car: 10%. Unused cars gain a 2% bonus.
  • No car bans, no track reissues guaranteed.

On current track:
I'll apply the new rules for the first track retrospectively:

• Instead of the current 20% special announced + 1.5% of the Indy, it'll have 20% + 10% = 30% penalty. From ZCT82 this special 20% will not be used - unless again needed. This is called Power Gear Penalty, and will be in detail described in the rules (can be set only throughout the first week of the race, in case there was a design flaw in the track.
  • Unused cars gain 2% instead of 0.5% set previously. 

This will settle it, I guess.
And sorry for the trouble!

One more question remains: Should I round up/down the coefficients from the next track to whole numbers? There are no fractions anymore in the new system.

CTG

It's getting more and more interesting with Acura and Carrera!

CTG

Ayrton - Indy - 1:02.05

Let's see the possibilities with other cars where the key point is the cork up/down drivethrough speed:

Acura NSX 1:28.00 - not impossible but close to maxed out version
Audi Quattro and Lancia Delta Integrale 1:24.70 - this is nonsense
Chevrolet Corvette 1:29.30 - very hard but might mork
Ferrari GTO 1:26.80 - no way, unless Argammon tries it
Jaguar XJR IMSA 1:11.10 - this time NO
Lamborghini Countach 1:29.00 - forget it
Lamborghini LM002 1:35.10 - with hyper-extreme luck... but I dont think so
Porsche 962 IMSA 1:08.95 - muhahaha, can't imagine
Porsche Carrera 1:31.90 - maybe the most chanceful

Mark L. Rivers

From Topic "ZakStunts 2008 - Final rules and information":

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 29, 2007, 06:24:49 AM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 18, 2007, 03:47:28 PM
What about some of the cheated cars (those with some realistic behaviour : Melange, Speedgate, Pulsar Coronet, ... Not Niva Comeback or so) ?

Quote from: Duplode on December 18, 2007, 03:55:30 PM
And I'd like to see some cheat cars too - though I believe Speedgate might have negative %...

Zak, so what about these cheated cars...? Will we see them in ZakStunts 2008?

Quote from: zaqrack on December 29, 2007, 08:29:01 AM
not yet. They might be available later this year. I think they'd overthrow the balance towards the faster cars. But maybe not.

Zak, it's clear that, in order of the track design, a quite high number of cars could be discarded every time from the fight for the win (for example in ZCT81 Lancia, Audi, Porsche 962, Jaguar and Countach are out, in next race maybe there won't be place for other ones...). So, maybe the introduction of Melange XGT-88, Coronet Pulsar STi, Speedgate XSD and LWT-ZR1 GT3 Mark II (no Powergear cars) would add a higher choice and a more dazzling fight. It's true that you have not much time to test them, and that it will be necessary a period of tuning to individuate correctly their own coefficient. But it seems we are anyway in an unavoidable general period of tuning, and you could avail it to test these cars... So you could insert them (maybe as "unofficial cars") with a certain coefficient and, in order of the results got with them, you could tune more accurately their effectively potential. If you want, you could exclude them from the classification for one or two race, but, meanwhile, you could understand better the initial coefficient wherewith insert them in the fight.
What do you think about, Zak?  :)

zaqrack

CTG

Maybe a Nizza type track would change your mind totally... Don't you remember it? The overcrowded indoor arena on a 8*8 terrain. ;D

Ayrton

Quote from: CTG on February 06, 2008, 03:55:57 AM
Ayrton - Indy - 1:02.05

Let's see the possibilities with other cars where the key point is the cork up/down drivethrough speed:

Acura NSX 1:28.00 - not impossible but close to maxed out version
Audi Quattro and Lancia Delta Integrale 1:24.70 - this is nonsense
Chevrolet Corvette 1:29.30 - very hard but might mork
Ferrari GTO 1:26.80 - no way, unless Argammon tries it
Jaguar XJR IMSA 1:11.10 - this time NO
Lamborghini Countach 1:29.00 - forget it
Lamborghini LM002 1:35.10 - with hyper-extreme luck... but I dont think so
Porsche 962 IMSA 1:08.95 - muhahaha, can't imagine
Porsche Carrera 1:31.90 - maybe the most chanceful

All cars can beat that time, most of them relatively easy ...

BonzaiJoe

Whoa :) there is something we don't know
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

We know it: Alain plays non-stop...

Argammon

So Ayrton was hiding his indy time until Zak announced not to change the bonuses again. And the podium will consist of 3 indy cars like last time.  ;D

Then the indy has already conquered 2 podiums out of 12 races. In all seasons before we didn't have any more indys in zakstunts. So you could basically ban the car from the rest of the races now.  ;D

Ayrton

Quote from: Argammon on February 07, 2008, 10:55:26 PM
So Ayrton was hiding his indy time until Zak announced not to change the bonuses again. And the podium will consist of 3 indy cars like last time.  ;D

Then the indy has already conquered 2 podiums out of 12 races. In all seasons before we didn't have any more indys in zakstunts. So you could basically ban the car from the rest of the races now.  ;D

I don´t was consider the announcement when i send my time, like i´wasn´t consider the others ...

Quote from: zaqrack on February 01, 2008, 07:36:22 PM
Indy: 20% penalty. last word, no more changes. (25 may be a bit too harsh)

zaqrack

Quote from: Ayrton on February 08, 2008, 12:57:03 AM

I don´t was consider the announcement when i send my time, like i´wasn´t consider the others ...

Quote from: zaqrack on February 01, 2008, 07:36:22 PM
Indy: 20% penalty. last word, no more changes. (25 may be a bit too harsh)

well, sorry again for this one. It's hard to find the balance with the new system, but I think the current percentages on this track are fair and fine.

Ayrton

You´re right Zak, but i don´t think that the total balance will be reached in one track, specially with PG cars, but the actual bonuses and penalties % are good for a fast rotation of the cars with possibilities to win.

Argammon

I still have the feeling a power gear car will win with a considerably gap to the best placed non power gear car.

But let's see who will be right in the end. ;)