News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Goals in life.

Started by Chulk, February 04, 2008, 05:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulk

Here you can talk about your goals in life, what did you expected when you were a little boy, how is it now and what do you want for your future. Mine is to be a stockbroker and invest my own money. Of course having a wife and a cuople of kids too, but that will come only after...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Goals for short interval: to have a nice beer after dinner... ;D

zaqrack

My goal is now is to prepare my life so, that living in China will be easy and feasible, and I'll be able to support my fiancée (my wife by that time) from my salary while living there. I'd like to return round 2016 with at least one child from the three (or four) planned, and with enough money to buy a nice house somewhere in Hungary, where there is enough space to hold a comfortable stunts meeting :)
From that onward I need nothing else but a job I can enjoy and support my whole family to live along.

BonzaiJoe

Bless you happy souls :)

My goals in life are:

to do something really brilliant, preferably in music or in writing. To make something fantastic, and hopefully to create a living out of it, that enables me to live a life of constant change and diversity, no rules and limits and continuous inspiration :). Meanwhile, I will also enjoy the brilliant art (again particularly music and literature) that others have made in other times. I plan to die before I grow very old. (this is half-serious, in that it is a hope I have, but it does not mean I will kill myself in order to achieve it).
If I succeed in making something truly brilliant, I will use that to keep my depth-needs fulfilled while living a hedonistic life of trying out everything there is in life worth trying. "to live a life of running after joy and happiness, with my feelings always tearing at my heart".
When I die, I will stop existing. There is no afterlife, and that suits me fine!
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

But your name will live forever, being the member of Stunts Valhalla. :D

lised

When I was a little girl I wanted to be a circus princess and travel the world with my circus.

Now I have no idea what my goals are. There are many things which I think will make me happy, but then again I'm not sure they really would. I guess my goal is to be able to smile when I go to bed at night - at least most of the nights :)

CTG

My goal is to see Lise smiling - in my bed. ;)

lised

Quote from: CTG on February 05, 2008, 12:20:54 AM

I guess that's the last thing I would like to see in my bed - if I was any other than me that is :)

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on February 05, 2008, 12:20:54 AM
Good thing you said "smiling". Imagine if she were "laughing" in your bed, what could be so funny...

Of course I'm just kidding!  ;)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

JTK

Oh my, goals...

I want to live!
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

BonzaiJoe

That is a tautology. Your goal in LIFE cannot be to LIVE, as that is a precondition of even asking the question. So, it cannot be a goal, because you cannot work to achieve it. You cannot pursue it, there is no movement.

But hey, whatever :)

CTG

BJ: what if JTK modifies his goal to "I want to drink Borsodi at WSM 2060?" ;D

Means almost the same...

JTK

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on February 05, 2008, 10:29:06 AM
But hey, whatever :)

Totally right!

But really, I have no "goals". I only have some wishes: making music, having time, having space, being not alone, being all by myself, being curiously, making even more music... but I won't describe any of that "goals".

PS: Anyway I want to drink Borsodi at every WSM! So start collecting some tins for me for 2008!!!
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Argammon

QuoteWhen I die, I will stop existing. There is no afterlife, and that suits me fine![\quote]

I think you are very misguided here. To be more precise, I don't doubt that it might suit you fine if your statement was true. But unfortunatly it is not.

And in my opinion. It's not even a matter of believes but can be proven...

But hey, I gave you that information and you can freely disregard it if it suits you all fine.

;D

BonzaiJoe

Wow, I've never heard of "proven afterlife" before... But go ahead, give us the proof :)

Question 2: do other animals have an afterlife too?