News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Rally-raids

Started by Krys TOFF, February 11, 2008, 05:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Hey, I just realize that there''s no rally-raid topic. And nobody talked about Dakar's cancellation this year due to terrorism risk.

Anyway, persistent rumors say that "Dakar" (name will be kept, even if finish is not in Dakar) will be in south America next year, in Argentina mainly, and also a little in Chile.
Argentina's people likes rally, they will love rally-raid in the pampa.
Confirmation expected in the next weeks.

CTG

It won't be the same without the African desert... :( Another sad thing: Dakar of 2010 was planned with a start from Budapest. Now I guess it will be impossible. :)

Chulk

Yes, it starts in Buenos Aires and finishes in Buenos Aires 15 days later
It will go through the Pampa, then south to Patagonia's flat part, then west to Patagonia's mountain part, the Atacama dessert in Chile, a rest day in Valparaiso and then back to BA. At least this it what was said lately...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTGIt won't be the same without the African desert... :(
Sahara is not the only desert in the world. ;)

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on February 13, 2008, 09:01:30 AM
Quote from: CTGIt won't be the same without the African desert... :(
Sahara is not the only desert in the world. ;)
That's true. An certainly Atacama is not the only dessert either! (Check my previous post) ;)

"Ony to Only" edit.

Duplode

One wonders about Paleke's reaction on this possibility... :)

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on February 14, 2008, 04:46:38 AM
I think he's still partying for the news and that's why we still didn't get any answer. :D

AbuRaf70

Los equipos BP-Ford Abu Dhabi WRT, Stobart VK M-Sport Ford RT y Munchi's Ford WRT, inscribieron en total a siete Focus World Rally Cars, para disputar la vigesimoctava edición del Rally Argentina, que se llevará a cabo entre el 27 y el 30 de marzo en Córdoba.

The teams BP-Ford Abu Dhabi WRT, Stobart VK M-Sport Ford RT and Munchi's Ford WRT, inscribed in total to seven Focus World Rally Cars, to dispute the vigesimoctava edition of the Rally Argentina that will be carried out between the 27 and March 30 in Córdoba.
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Krys TOFF

Have you heard of "Dakar Series" ? 3 competitions managed by ASO (like "Dakar" is) in Europe, 3 small rally-raids.
1st one is planned in Hungary and Romania (see attached picture).

Steps will be :
20th april: Budapest (Hun) - Baia Mare (Rom) / 510 km (chrono step part will be 110 km)
21st april: Baia Mare (Rom) - Sovata (Rom) / 500 km (250 km)
22nd april: Sovata (Rom) - Sovata (Rom) / 364 km (240 km)
23rd april: Sovata (Rom) – Debrecen (Hun) / 590 km (200 km)
24th april: Debrecen (Hun) - Veszprem (Hun) / 480 km (170 km)
25th april: Veszprem (Hun) - Veszprem (Hun) / 315 km (290 km)
26th april: Veszprem (Hun) - Balatonfüred (Hun) / 213 km (170 km)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Krys TOFF
1st one is planned in Hungary and Romania (see attached picture).
I'm surprised no Hungarian member reacted, especially Akoss that I expected to say : "Before 1920, this rally would have been 100% in Hungary !". ;D

CTG

You think you are kidding, but before 1920 it really was... :D

I prefer Budapest - Bamako "rally" with crazy vehicles (imagine a local mass transport bus or a Trabant in the desert). ;D

AbuRaf70

SE VIENE EL RALLY ARGENTINA 2008

Un total de 62 tripulaciones completan la nómina de inscriptos para el Rally Argentina 2008, cuarta fecha del Campeonato Mundial, que se disputará entre el 27 y el 30 del corriente, por caminos de la provincia de Córdoba.
Será la edición número 28 de la competencia, que es organizada por el Automóvil Club Argentino.
Además de realizarse la cuarta fecha del Word Rally Car (WRC), se cumplirá la segunda reservada a los Autos de Producción (PWRC).
Estarán representados 24 países y los cinco continentes, superando la cantidad de anotados a las registradas en Montecarlo y México.

ONE COMES THE ARGENTINEAN RALLY 2008 

A total of 62 companies completes the inscriptos payroll for the Rally Argentina 2008, fourth date of the World Championship that will be disputed between the 27 and the 30 of the current, for roads of the county of Córdoba. 
It will be the edition number 28 of the competition that it is organized by the Automobile Argentinean Club. 
Besides being carried out the fourth date of the Word Rally Car (WRC), the second will be completed reserved to the Cars of Production (PWRC). 
24 countries and the five continents will be represented, overcoming the quantity of logged to those registered in Montecarlo and Mexico.
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Paleke

Anelio, tengo la impresión de que te "equivocaste". Rally-raid es lo que va a venir a Argentina en el 2009. El que es a fines de este mes es el rally mundial o World Rally Championship, que si tiene su respectivo topic. ;)

Anyway, as CTG said, it won't be the same, but it could be closer. I mean, it will start and finish in the same place, and it will only cross through two countries. For me it should be something like the Gran Premio de la América del Sur. Here you can find some information in English.

Para los que no saben inglés, acabo de decir que, como ya dijo CTG, no va a ser lo mismo, pero que podría ser más parecido. Quiero decir, va a empezar y terminar en el mismo lugar, y a a cruzar sólo dos países. Para mí debiera ser más como el Gran Premio de la América del Sur (y doy dos links al respecto para que se pueda apreciar lo que estoy diciendo).

Quote from: Chulk on February 14, 2008, 01:07:23 PM
Quote from: Duplode on February 14, 2008, 04:46:38 AM
I think he's still partying for the news and that's why we still didn't get any answer. :D

:D

Yes and no. I mean, I like the posibility, even if I can't go to watch it "live" (in this aspect, I like more WRC), but I'm kind of sad because there won't be WRC in Argentina in 2010  :'(
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Krys TOFF

"Dakar" 2009 in Argentina and Chile (click to enlarge) :

Start and finish in Buenos Aires.

Chulk

Quote from: Paleke on March 11, 2008, 02:10:13 AM
I like the posibility, even if I can't go to watch it "live"
There's a part in Cordoba, is it too far from where you live?