News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

JACStunts Championship

Started by Duplode, March 23, 2008, 03:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Earlier this week a couple exchanges in Portuguese between me and Dark Chaser in ZakStunts news intrigued some of you... basically, he was inviting me to the Campeonato Brasileiro JAC de Stunts, a most interesting contest started early this year but already in its second season (!). In case anyone is curious, relevant debates - in Portuguese - and updates are done at this Orkut community, while there's a largely secondary webpage at http://regismuller.googlepages.com/stunts .

The rules are very sui generis: the current season is composed by 18 (!) weekly races, using a relatively diverse pool of cars. Races are BOTH ISA and NoRH - NoRH is trust-based, and before CTG argues something: the obnoxious "RH wars" nearly started this week, but the final decision was to keep current state of affairs for the best. Number of competitors vary form 8 to 12, with currently the main victory aspirants being pipsqueak-manager Thiago Marques (winner of the inaugural mini-season) and Alexandre Ramos AKA Dark Chaser.

As for the current race, we're in Round 3, which deadline is tomorrow midnight plus a 12-hour tolerance. The track is a damned long (~2:30 !!) Indy powergear blastout I'm not having much luck with (screenshot attached below). Next week track seems to be an unusual proposition - a Countach handling challenge... Those two and all other tracks are already available for your inspection and scrutinity at http://regismuller.googlepages.com/pistas ...

Edit, 03-08-2008: Although the Orkut community remains the same, the old website is no more. Head to http://jacstunts.ueuo.com instead (or just follow the Portal link). Also, the thread title was modified...

zaqrack

sounds pretty demanding and fun, and at last we can check some pictures of Darkie and AMG :)

may I ask Darkie or you to write me he needed infos, so I can put the competition on the Stunts Portal?

thx
Zak

Duplode

That will be very nice!  :) I mentioned the portal banner on the Orkut Forum and the folks over there seem to have liked the idea. Now it's just sort out the details...

BonzaiJoe

But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

Unfortunately, not quite - Orkut communities have no subforums, plus two thirds of Orkut user base come from Brazil, so it's not really that international of a service anyway... But nevertheless I'm sure you'd be a warmly welcomed visitor there  :).

Krys TOFF

Hey, we have to collect all the tracks, winning replays, infos (cars and rules of each tracks as they change from track to track) and best times for the Stunts archive !

Sadly, like previous Brazilian championships managed by Ricardo Pirate a few years ago, foreign pipsqueaks are not allowed to race it seems. :(

BonzaiJoe

Definitely collect them for the archive, but I don't think we can count a closed competition in the general stats. But great thing anyway :) Very innovative competition rules.
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

By the way, the championship is indeed pretty hard - the long NoRH tracks mean a completely different paradigm, and the overall pipsqueak level is really high! To give you a reference, Dark Chaser won that #3 track with a 2:23:xx time...  :o. As for the archive, I'll definitely try and store the old files.

Duplode

In the end it was good I didn't hurry with preparing the banner for the portal... Last week a stunning eruption of internal strife took away both the manager and the leading pipsqueak of the championship. The remaining pipsqueaks decided to collect the debris and start over, and thus we're now holding the preparations for the third season (in four months!!) of the JAC Brazilian Championship. On the plus side, the rejuvenated spirit means there's a very cool site at http://jacstunts.ueuo.com (in Portuguese). You might find particularly interesting the sections "Pistas" (the as of now unclosed track list) and "Competidores" (pipsqueak profiles - unfortunately I still haven't a decent photo to place there... ;)).

PS.: Returning to the banner - Zak, would it be OK to send a bilingual text (English/Portuguese) with it? Both versions combined take ~4 forum post lines...

zaqrack

Krys TOFF

Competition still restricted to Brazilians or can we join too ?

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on April 18, 2008, 11:59:32 AM
Competition still restricted to Brazilians or can we join too ?

Well, I put the issue under discussion shortly after your post, and it turned out the championship never was really restricted, only that the folks over there never really considered internationalization... So it's very likely you all will be able to join  :) It seems the only big issue we have to decide is about championship scoreboard - it is consensus we need a "Brazilian Trophy", but it's still up to discussion whether it will be complemented by a "Foreigner Trophy" (a la 4DSL) or a "Global Trophy" (my personal preference). I'll keep you informed.

Krys TOFF

Cool, we have to start racing soon then because deadline of 1st track is close. ;-)

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on April 18, 2008, 08:43:45 PM
Cool, we have to start racing soon then because deadline of 1st track is close. ;-)

Hold your breath Krys - we don't even know which track will be the first one!  :D The random choice of track order will be held at some point of Sunday late night - if all goes to plan, Track 1 will start immediately and its deadline will be midnight of the following Sunday (GMT -3), plus an additional 12-hour tolerance.

And BTW, Zak: banner data was mailed to zakstunts-gmail... ;)

Krys TOFF

Well, I won't be there from 23rd April to 1st of May. Can I ask this competition to start after 1st of May ? ;D