News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

JACStunts Championship

Started by Duplode, March 23, 2008, 03:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on December 16, 2008, 12:11:18 AM
This will be one funny scoreboard... ;D I'm racing enthusiastially now, pretending it will count  :)

Quote from: CTG on December 15, 2008, 10:48:18 PM
Oh my God... did I miss the chance for a great final result? :-\

I'll be there next time. ;)

But you did send your partial lap, even if late? If not, you have slightly less than 3 hours to do it  ;)

I had 2:22.70.

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on December 16, 2008, 12:17:07 AM
I had 2:22.70.

Damn, it would have been a tight battle :D According to Igor, full results are expected for tomorrow - I'm curious to see how we would have fared...

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 16, 2008, 12:03:25 AM
lol, maybe I'll get a podium then. :P

It seems Rudah couldn't send his replay in time as well (whatever happened to this race...), thus your probability of reaching a podium has risen to about 100% ::) ;D

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 15, 2008, 10:36:41 PM
You lost a big chance to reduce your gap, Duplode! I just sent a listfiller (more than three minute...) one ore two hour before the deadline...  ::)

Well, as I said before I don't believe I can realistically hope to defend my title now - only Felipe might steal it from you at this point. I'll be more than happy if I manage to win one of the three remaining races  :)

Krys TOFF

For info, my best time was 2'28"xx. Again, I don't know how Igor will consider my replays. It seems to me that I lost speed when going slightly outside the road so I think he will accept the replays but yet, we'll see the result until the end of the day.

Mark L. Rivers

I made some trials, half of them without sound. My best has been 2.24,xx but putting my wheels on the grass exiting form the loop around 1.20, unique error of that race...  :(  My major mistake is that I always tried to push hard, without trying to realize a quite good lap...  ::)

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 16, 2008, 12:03:25 AM
lol, maybe I'll get a podium then. :P

I think you did slightly better than that... check the JACStunts forum!  :D ;)

CTG

Duplode

Arguably the most confused scoreboard in a long while finally can be published in its final version...

1º Mark L. Rivers - 2:24.05 - +10
2º Krys TOFF - 2:28.85 - +8
3º Felipe NEMESIS - 2:30.90 - +6
4º Daniel DUPLODE - 2:22.95 - +5

Shortly after the original result publishing (and of my excited comments here and on the JACStunts forum), Mark sent his 2:24 as per Igor's request on JAC's forum (not due to any IRCness issues, but rather on a 48-hour tolerance triggered due to .RPL / .HIG mismatch). Igor watched it yesterday, and the lap was declared valid on the same basis as Krys' one. Sorry Krys... :-\ And naturally, had CTG sent his late replay he would be 4th and me 5th, but oh well.

Next round is already on, of course - T406/Andhra is a Vette track penned by this pipsqueak speaking to you. Igor re-set the deadline to 07/01 noon, a Wednesday - it could be a calendar error (07/01/08 was a Monday...) but on the other hand two extra days in this holiday period might be useful - I have not asked him... anyway, keep racing, and let's see if Mark will pull off a perfect season or not  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Sorry Krys, I really didn't want to snatch you the win...  :-\  After Igor's comments on Jac's Forum, I sent my replay thinking that maybe I would have been a better time on the scoreboard, maybe with a high penalty that would have, in my mind, commuted my 2.24,xx in a 2.34,xx or similar... Sorry again, and congratulations for your very fast lap. I know you are a very strong NORH driver and I hope to see you at your best shape next year...  :)

Mark L. Rivers

Results....? Anyway, really only a listfiller for me this time...

Duplode

Igor replied today at Orkut; round 6 results are expected soon. My lap was not quite a listfiller, but I did only a single run and was unable to push hard on the key section...

Duplode

If you thought scoreboards couldn't get more messed up than on T405, though, you're mistaken: there was not even a single legal replay submission this time!

1º Daniel DUPLODE - 1:51.15 - +10
(2º Rudah FLASH DRIVER - 1:58.90 - +8)
3º Krys TOFF - 2:06.35 - +6
4º Mark L. Rivers - 2:31.05 - +5

I had forgotten to send my .HIG with the lap (just regularized it); all other times were late submissions (at least it didn't influence the results...). Rudah's time is bracketed because his .HIG somehow vanished just after the lap (he sent a .TRK file out of reflex and didn't notice it originally...) - Igor still has to confirm the decision about his result. And not only my victory was unexpected, Felipe's absence (possibly due to holidays) also means I, quite undeservedly IMO, snatched the overall 2nd place from him... ::) Gap is only three points though, so there may be a nice battle over the two final races...!

Round 7 is, of course, already on - Carrera is the machine for this race. Deadline was set to February 9th, so we can return to bi-weekly scheduling. Igor also posted on Orkut apologizing for the scheduling issues of late - he's having some personal issues that may see him returning from the U.S (he's currently based there) to Brazil over the following weeks. If that happens, results publishing for Round 7 will likely be delayed. He will warn us in case that happens.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: DuplodeI had forgotten to send my .HIG with the lap (just regularized it); all other times were late submissions
My replay and .hig files were sent in time... ::)
edit : Oh, right, deadline was in the middle of the week for 6th track, not a monday as usual. I thought I sent my replays many days in advance but no, it was a few hours after the deadline. :-\

Quote from: DuplodeRudah's time is bracketed because his .HIG somehow vanished just after the lap (he sent a .TRK file out of reflex and didn't notice it originally...) - Igor still has to confirm the decision about his result.
A file don't vanish by itself. :-X Video proof should really be required for this competition.

Duplode

Without further ado, here are they:

1º Mark L. Rivers - 1:49.75 - +10
2º Daniel DUPLODE - 1:50.25 - +8
3º Rudah FLASH DRIVER - 1:55.35 - +6
4º Krys TOFF - 1:58.60 - +5

..and thus Mark, with this final lap, can bow away with the title. Congratulations to him! Standings are:

1º Mark L. Rivers - 65
2º Daniel DUPLODE - 49
3º Felipe NEMESIS - 38
4º Krys TOFF - 32
5º Rudah FLASH DRIVER - 28
6º Marcelo THYASROCK - 8

Unfortunately Felipe missed rounds 6 and 7 due to a combination of hand injuries and computer troubles, and it's unsure whether he will be back for Round 8 in order to defend his podium place.

Speaking of the final round, it was started on this Monday and the deadline is set to March 2nd, GMT -3 noon. Of particular interest is that the race will be on a Toff track, specifically, a slightly adjusted version of "Road America" from IMSA Cup lore (naturally, the car will be P962). Thus, if you're feeling nostalgic, there's yet another reason to take part on this round... 8)

Duplode

Since I'm having internet troubles and this is one of the few sites I can access without problems (Heaven knows why), I'm uploading my JAC4#8 lap in a zip-locked file...

Duplode

Round 8 and Season 4 of JACStunts were finished a while ago already, but since Krys was away I didn't hurry to post results. Here it goes:

1º Daniel DUPLODE - 1:53.20 - +10
2º Felipe NEMESIS - 1:59.00 - +8
3º Krys TOFF - 2:01.65 - +6
--- Rudah FLASH DRIVER - (1:51.50, disqualified) - +0

Rudah's replay relied on a grass cut to land from a cork u/d jump, and thus the lap was deemed illegal.

Final standings...

1º Mark L. Rivers - 65
2º Daniel DUPLODE - 59
3º Felipe NEMESIS - 46
4º Krys TOFF - 38
5º Rudah FLASH DRIVER - 28
6º Marcelo THYASROCK - 8

And that's it - congratulations again to Mark and many thanks to Mark, Krys and CTG for taking part! About the future of the competition: it's unclear at the moment. In face of his persisting schedule troubles, Igor opted to step down from management and nobody has replaced him for now (I would like to, but I'm unable take over contest management right now...). Some of the JAC core members (Igor, Rudah and a few others that contributed through Seasons 3 and 4) will likely keep in touch with each other in the near future (JAC - or better, its current incarnation, JACII - is an independent retro-gaming community in Orkut). I made sure to invite the guys to come down here; so far Felipe has registered...