News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts Olympic Games 2008

Started by Mark L. Rivers, April 14, 2008, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

Blaaarghggh what a waste of time doing these replays then. (wasn't faster than Ayrton thougH)
But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

Even the countdown clock on the site says there's still time left :) But in the news the deadline is states as 21:00. Well I guess I could have just thought about this during one of the previous 6 hours instead of after the deadline :).  I did 191 mph and 36.90.

Krys TOFF

And beware for next week : standard deadline is 14H, it has been modified to 21H for 1st round only.

Mark L. Rivers

First week has just finished and we have the first podiums!
Check the official site to know the final results!

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/SOG2008/index_SOG2008.htm

Very good participation in the first week (really a pity for BJ... :-\), a participation we sure hope we can see even in the third and four game that are just starting: JUMPING and FLYING!
Check Info & Rules Page to know what you need to know before particpate, and ownload the related track (TRACK B) from Download page.
Have you already prepared big wings for your cars...? :)

Duplode

Ha! I have won a double-almost... :P

Mark L. Rivers

To avoid any misunderstandings, I want to make a clarification about Flying rules that say:

"Longest aerial time (It will be considered the time from the "takeoff" to the "landing", even crashed.)."

Saying this, I want to say that the landing can be even "crashed", but not the longest aerial time, that is the fly. Car has to be "safe" at least until the landing.

BonzaiJoe

Ohh, that makes quite a difference.

Chulk

Strange... I thought I had sent and 184mph crash. Still useless anyway. Congrats to the medallists!!!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

I wonder how long can be the fly of the future winner of the flying contest... Anyone can win this part of the contest.

Jumping event will require much more strategy and some magic carpets to win. Jumping winner will be Ayrton I think.

Mark L. Rivers

Krys TOFF

Why my flying time sent a few hours ago is not in the scoreboard ?
Can you tell me if my mail has arrived or not Mark ?

edit : and I have 1 question : my car was flying, then it touched the corner of a tunnel roof and went to fly again. I suppose the time counted is from leaving the tunnel (even if I touched it only by 1 wheel) and not from leaving the ground. Please confirm me this point too Mark, just to be sure. IMO the flying period is without touching any element (loop, ...), so it starts when last tyre leave the ground and ends as soon as 1 part of the car hits the ground (or any element).

Mark L. Rivers

New record in both specialties: AbuRaf70 for JUMPING and Krys TOFF for FLYING! The argentinian avails relly all the time (89"65 !) and the french makes a result that appears really hard to beat!

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/SOG2008/index_SOG2008.htm

Quote from: Krys TOFF on May 26, 2008, 08:30:21 PM
I have 1 question : my car was flying, then it touched the corner of a tunnel roof and went to fly again. I suppose the time counted is from leaving the tunnel (even if I touched it only by 1 wheel) and not from leaving the ground. Please confirm me this point too Mark, just to be sure. IMO the flying period is without touching any element (loop, ...), so it starts when last tyre leave the ground and ends as soon as 1 part of the car hits the ground (or any element).

That's all absolutely right!  :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on May 27, 2008, 08:25:24 AM
the french makes a result that appears really hard to beat!
Not so hard : I already did a better result. But I wait for others' results before playing open cards. ;D

CTG

13 seconds flying is not very much. Go to the fence with Indy and steer hard... ;)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on May 27, 2008, 10:46:56 AM
13 seconds flying is not very much.
Yes, winning result will be more than 20 seconds I think.