News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts Olympic Games 2008

Started by Mark L. Rivers, April 14, 2008, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 30, 2008, 07:43:47 PM
You are underestimating CTG...

Oh thanks! ;D

Do you think I'm using a foreign e-mail address and IP mask? LOL!

On the other hand there must be Hungarian visit on SOG site, I checked the track few days ago.

Mark L. Rivers

Krys and me together on Track B: great show!  :)  We made both good trials for JUMPING: 2nd provisional place for me and 4th for Krys, but he has really good chances to improve, thinking that he could avail other 15 seconds... But we made both great things in FLYING! I only a bit more than Krys but really a great show, you'll understand what I say watching the replays!
OK, less than one day to the deadline! Hoping that other drivers will join for this week, a question is blowing in the wind: who will catch the 3rd and 4th podiums of these Olympic Games? No more updates until the end, let's see!  :)

Meanwhile, looking forward to the 3rd week...
Today, after a lot of modifies, I've finally finished to design the definitive track for SWIFTING... It has been not so easy, because I wanted to reach different goals:

1) Short track, 30-40 seconds.
2) Not too easy, but not so hard to demand grinding concentration.
3) Avoiding that tricks or bugs could affect the final results.
4) Highlighting the special features of Speedgate XSD: acceleration, speed, grip, manageability.
5) Inserting at least an unusual and original tract (following the SDR tradition... ;)).
6) Funny to drive on.

Well, maybe I'm a bit presumptuous, but... I think to have reached all my goals... ;)

Duplode

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 24, 2008, 10:28:33 PM
Even the countdown clock on the site says there's still time left :) But in the news the deadline is states as 21:00.

Little warning both to Mark and the other pipsqueaks (particularly for any tactical maniacs... :D): the countdown is still five hours late... ::) :)

And Krys: would you be kind to quote the song for the above post? :D

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on May 31, 2008, 06:11:02 AM
Even the countdown clock on the site says there's still time left :) But in the news the deadline is states as 21:00.

Little warning both to Mark and the other pipsqueaks (particularly for any tactical maniacs... :D): the countdown is still five hours late... ::) :)

In this moment here it's 8 o'clock, and countdown says 13 hours to the deadline. Being deadline at 21 of this evening, countdown shouldn't be corrected.... ot not?  ;)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Duplode on May 31, 2008, 06:11:02 AM

And Krys: would you be kind to quote the song for the above post? :D
You mean "The final countdown" by Scandinavian band named Europe maybe ? I always prefered to sing "The final condom" instead of countdown. :D ;D

Krys TOFF

Mmmm, it's hard to catch 39 jumps record, but I'm getting closer try after try.
For flying, well, I fear I didn't improved although I fly over all the track length in my last attempt... Mark's result is quite good.

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on May 31, 2008, 04:13:31 PM
You mean "The final countdown" by Scandinavian band named Europe maybe ? I always prefered to sing "The final condom" instead of countdown. :D ;D

Not exactly, that's valid but a bit too usual... :D I was refering to Mark's post... ;)

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on May 31, 2008, 07:54:58 AM
In this moment here it's 8 o'clock, and countdown says 13 hours to the deadline. Being deadline at 21 of this evening, countdown shouldn't be corrected.... ot not?  ;)

In fact, this post made me realize the actual issue with the countdown: it is not accounting for different timezones. Currently it's displaying to me (GMT -3, local time 14:19) 6h41min remaining, four hours late.

Krys TOFF

I can't wait to see if I got some new medal(s). :)

Mark L. Rivers

I'm just arrived at home... too much replays to check... update postponed to tomorrow...

But Track C is already published!  :)

Mark L. Rivers

And 2nd week gave us his verdicts too: check the official site to know the final results!

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/SOG2008/index_SOG2008.htm

Again good participation (really a lot of replays, not very easy to check above all for FLYING, please tell me if you are not agree with some measuration) including an excellent outset: Bonzai Joe! Assay attempt on FLYING, and a stronger trial for JUMPING, even if he arrived at finish line with 9 seconds of penalty that elevated his final time over the 90" limit. Anyway his 36 jumps and his presence are really very good for this event!

And we are now at the 3rd and last week of this first Stunts Olympic Games edition!
Speedgate XSD and Indy are the cars to use respectively in last two games: Swifting and Powering! Download the Track C from Download page and check the specific rules in Info&Rules page. Above all check your passion and enjoy one more time with this wonderful game!

WARNING!: Deadline of 3rd week's games has been postponed: drivers can send their results for SWIFTING and POWERING until the 21:00 (GMT+1) of Sunday 8 June.

BonzaiJoe

It should be possible to do almost 25 minutes in Powering :)
But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

By using an ancient trick, hitherto completely useless trick, which I discovered many years ago. We're talking 10 years here. It's very difficult and maybe not possible to do on this track, but it would mean 25 minutes - x :)
But we can't be quite sure.

Krys TOFF

25 minutes ?! :o
I want to see it !

edit : cool : 2 more medals for me. 8)

Duplode

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on May 31, 2008, 12:01:59 AM
Hoping that other drivers will join for this week, a question is blowing in the wind: who will catch the 3rd and 4th podiums of these Olympic Games?

Blowin' in the Wind (Bob Dylan)

How many roads must a man walk down
Before you call him a man?
Yes, 'n' how many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls fly
Before they're forever banned?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,
The answer is blowin' in the wind.

How many times must a man look up
Before he can see the sky?
Yes, 'n' how many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
Yes, 'n' how many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?

How many years can a mountain exist
Before it's washed to the sea?
Yes, 'n' how many years can some people exist
Before they're allowed to be free?
Yes, 'n' how many times can a man turn his head,
Pretending he just doesn't see?

:)...

Anyway, now it seems Swifting will be my last chance at a gold medal. Surely it will be hard as hell, but I gotta try and put the Speedgate to good use...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Duplode on June 02, 2008, 12:44:21 AM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on May 31, 2008, 12:01:59 AM
Hoping that other drivers will join for this week, a question is blowing in the wind: who will catch the 3rd and 4th podiums of these Olympic Games?

Blowin' in the Wind (Bob Dylan)

Oh yes, I forgot. But I've got an excuse : I don't like Dylan's voice so I'm not familiar with his songs. :P