News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Comments, questions, bugs or idea of improvement

Started by Krys TOFF, April 20, 2008, 12:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Website is ready, check it there : http://feelthethrill.free.fr

In case you find any bug, or if you have any idea iof improvement, feel free to talk about it in this topic.

Tell there too what you like, or what you don't like.

Website design if fully CSS-based, so if you know CSS and want to create a new design, feel free to tell it there too. ;)

Duplode

A possible bug: my newly posted lap has 0000-00-00 for "Time posted" on the scoreboard instead of the proper date (2008-04-21 @ GMT+2).

Krys TOFF

I saw it yesterday evening and had no time to fix it so far. It happened too for times by the "ghost" and by Mark but I corrected it in the database.
I'll watch for it tonight, thanks. ;)

Krys TOFF

One info : 3 weeks per track, 11 original car, and we'll be at the end of 2008.
So, this 1st season will only feature each of original cars. :)

2nd season will have some tuned cars and, of course, all the original cars too. ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on April 21, 2008, 11:38:30 PM
One info : 3 weeks per track, 11 original car, and we'll be at the end of 2008.
So, this 1st season will only feature each of original cars. :)

:(

Krys TOFF

Don't be sad Mark, your Speedgate (and Alan's Melange, and Duplode's Mark II, ...) car will be used in 2009. ;)
It's just that when preparing the "season" page and database, I realized that with 3 weeks per track there's only 11 events until the end of 2008.

Anyway, I don't understand the date recording bug : it doesn't work for a 1st time, but it works when you post a time improvement. This is weird, it's the same variable used in both SQL queries. I don't understand, but I suppose everybody will improve at least once his time so it won't be a problem in the end. ;D

Krys TOFF

Precision : "results and stats" section is opened, but only with previous scoreboards so far.
I'll add the pipsqueaks' stats later, I work on the website translation in spanish and portuguese for the moment. ;-)

Krys TOFF

Website improvement (brazilian and ibero-american version are still yet to come)  : results and stats page improved with pipsqueaks' stats along with previous scoreboards.

Krys TOFF

News and welcome pages are now the same one, just to be sure nobody misses the news. ;)

Chulk

Krys, there's a problem with previous replays. I can't download them (file not found) except for FTT0101. Maybe they got deleted somehow during the update.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Yes, Duplode also mentionned it. This is corrected and replays of FTT0105 are added too. Enjoy. ;)

Krys TOFF

LTB system not yet implemented as I still have a bug with it (leading starts with new leader but that doesn't stop the old leader counter, quite stupid isn't it ?).
Anyway, I'm not sure to add it in this season, or maybe I'll add it but without bonus point for best leader for this 1st season.
I don't want to modify the point system in the middle of the season because it would mean that 6 bonus points (1 per race) are not distributed... and in the end of the season maybe 6 points will mean the difference between 1st and 2nd (or between 5th and 6th, whatever).

Duplode

I would agree on that adding LTB points right now would be somewhat disruptive. Maybe we could, as you suggested, have the system turned on in test mode for the final race, with no points awarded.

zaqrack

The FTT site displays errors when entering simply from the address: http://feelthethrill.free.fr

direct access to English site works fine.

zaqrack

and when trying to submit time, I get the error: deadline for this track is over.