News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

FTT0101

Started by Krys TOFF, April 20, 2008, 12:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

I think it will be very hard for me going down under 1:10. I'm encountering more problems I thought with a slow car, moreover my time to race is really decreased than last year. As you know, I'm really "combative" and I fight until there are possibilities to win, but thinking there will be a lot of races with slow cars in the contest, well, my way will be more uphill than other...

CTG

I wonder about BJ's performance here...

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on April 22, 2008, 10:33:48 AM
We all do...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on April 22, 2008, 03:26:45 PM
Quote from: CTG on April 22, 2008, 10:33:48 AM
We all do...
...how couldn't we?

There is surely a way to go below 1:10, even if I didn't started at all to consider how should it be done.

BonzaiJoe

I also wonder a lot about BJ's performance!

I haven't tried yet, I hate messy computer-stuff. But I have to try. Remember, though, that this is not live racing or WSM-racing. This is noRH with unlimited time.
But as I have no idea how good 1.10 is, I can't say what I expect to be able to do on this track :)
But we can't be quite sure.

Mark L. Rivers

Meanwhile, Zak smashed 72" barrier...  ;)

BonzaiJoe

Okay, I made DOSBox work now, but it's almost impossible to race because the animation goes alternately too fast and too slow, at unpredictable intervals. Are you guys just racing like this, or am I the only one with this problem?

Duplode

1. I'm starting to see the LM002 from a whole new perspective: it's a damn treacherous vehicle to ride...

2. This race is going to be very fun if we keep it running like this - fun warfare!  :)

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on April 22, 2008, 11:26:27 PM
Okay, I made DOSBox work now, but it's almost impossible to race because the animation goes alternately too fast and too slow, at unpredictable intervals. Are you guys just racing like this, or am I the only one with this problem?

Nope, probably DOSBox should work fine with the right settings unless you have a quite slow computer. Tell us your computer basic specs (CPU, RAM, OS) and we'll be able to help you. Also, are you using a front-end for DOSBox? (graphical helper program for adjusting the settings with ease).

Mark L. Rivers

BJ, before touching your DOSBox settings (even if you will have to do that), first of all set the graphic acceleration of your PC at minimum and then try again.

CTG

The same for me. Maybe I'm going to record my drive with camera while playing without DOS-Box in the future. And a funny fact: even a full screen Snag It capture works better for me than DOS-Box...

Krys: is it allowed to use other video capturing methods then the internal one?

Question #2: is it good for you if I publish my video (of course at the end of the race) on YouTube? Video file must be quite a big one to send in e-mail...

Addition: I am a ghost. ;D (Sorry, I was very drunk that night when I registered it)

BonzaiJoe

You are overestimating my computer abilities :)

1. What is front-end?

2. How do I set my graphics acceleration?

3. My PC is from 2005,  1,5 GHz processor, (600 MHz) 496 MB RAM, Windows XP

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on April 23, 2008, 01:43:47 PM

Bah that's a lot better than mine: 1.3 GHz Intel Celeron M CPU; 400 MHz FSB, 256 MB DDR (nominal value, in reality: 238 MB), Windows XP SP2

zaqrack

you should have no problems with dosbox. my own subnote is 1,2Ghz and slightly bit more ram. Running linux though.
I'll send you my dosbox config file tonight (please remind me if I forget), but generally such jerks and slowdowns are usually caused by other running programs - it happens rarely for me too. Try to close most of the programs when racing.

1. What is front-end?

Chulk

Before trying anything of those complicated things (at least for me  ;)) try adjusting the CPU cycles up or down. I only had to change cycles up to 10000, left the rest at default values and it works smoothly.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

1) Settings - Control Panel - Video
2) On Settings page, click on Advanced Button (see image 1, sorry my O.S. is italian...)
3) Click on Troubleshooting (see image 2)
4) Move the cursor on the left and so reduce the acceleration

Then try again!  :)