News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

FTT0101

Started by Krys TOFF, April 20, 2008, 12:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

Coming back to the race...
I'm improving my feeling with LM002, but... it seems I don't succeed to catch the provisional first place...  ;)

zaqrack

come on, it's my seconf favourite car, you have no chance :)

Darkie

Krys, what is the homepage where I can join this new championship??? I will participate, I think...

Wow!!! I'm happy because you, Krys, decide to join Campeonato Jac de Stunts... I'm out of that championship because I've had some 'relationship problems' there... But you can find my statistics there... Remember: I'm Alê; I'm Darkie; I'm Dark Chaser...

Ops, I've had some problems with DosBox, too... Can you help me, Krys???

Chulk

What's that problem you're having, Darkie? Does it ru awfully or doesn't it run at all...?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Chulk

Zak is already at 1:11.35. Do you still think 1:09.XX is not possible?

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: zaqrack on April 24, 2008, 08:30:02 AM
come on, it's my seconf favourite car, you have no chance :)

Excluding the crazy race at ZakStunts last year, and a weah trial the year before, this is my first serious race with LM002... I know I've not chance against you...  ;)

Quote from: Chulk on April 24, 2008, 06:21:36 PM
Zak is already at 1:11.35. Do you still think 1:09.XX is not possible?

About me I've never said that 1:09.xx is not possible. I've just said "I think it will be very hard for me going down under 1:10"... And I still think so...  ;)

Anyway, times on the scoreboard are going to flattering... Maybe this means we are not so far from the winning time... 

Darkie

Thank you for help me, my friend Chulk...

Firstly, Is DOSBox necessary to make replays for Feel The Thrill's Championship???

Another questions: May I use Stunts 1.1 or 4D Stunts??? What is the correct version???

Where can I take the DOSBox (if necessary)???

I have a replay for 1:10 (No RH, of course)... May I send it to you, Krys???

Duplode

Darkie: Yes, you'll definitely need DOSBox for recording a live video of your lap as proof of noRH-ness. Check your personal messages...

Darkie

Thank you, my friend Duplode...

DOSBox 0.72 is running in my personal computer, but the game is in 'slow motion'... I am racing without sceneries, horizon and others graphic details, but Stunts is still running in 'slow motion' in my computer... Could it be a 'problem's memory' or something like this??? I have an 'old' Celeron 500 MGhz with 128 MB RAM and 8 Mb of video!!! Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!

I have one more question, guys: how can I save my replay in video format??? I can't save my video replay with CONTROL + ALT + F5...

Chulk

Quote from: Darkie on April 25, 2008, 01:49:28 PM
DOSBox 0.72 is running in my personal computer, but the game is in 'slow motion'... I am racing without sceneries, horizon and others graphic details, but Stunts is still running in 'slow motion' in my computer... Could it be a 'problem's memory' or something like this??? I have an 'old' Celeron 500 MGhz with 128 MB RAM and 8 Mb of video!!! Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!
You could try some of the solutions named before by Mark...

I have one more question, guys: how can I save my replay in video format??? I can't save my video replay with CONTROL + ALT + F5...
You can change those keys. Simply start the keymapper (Ctrl + F1 I think) from the DOSBox window... And make sure you take a look at the console, DOSBox doesn't pop any messages when you are recording a video, just says so in the console window.

Chulk

Creepy appearance by Darkie! :o :o And BJ is still MIA. This is about to become the best NoRH race ever!

Duplode

First of all...

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on April 23, 2008, 01:43:47 PM
1. What is front-end?

A front-end is a program with an user-friendly graphical interface that makes the procedure of testing and saving DOSBox easier. You may find a list of them here. I use DBGL most of the time, but all of them are rather similar.

On a related note, we really should consider making a few DOSBox articles for the Wiki.

Thank you, my friend Duplode...

Well Darkie, it seems you'll really need some gymnastics to make Stunts run well with such specs. Pick a frontend (see above) and experiment all sorts of things that could make the game more fluid - resolution, scalers, frameskip, etc. You will most likely need a pretty low number of cycles setting as well to make it work (6000-7000). If you're desperate, a last resort would be reducing (on the Stunts setup) graphical mode to CGA or something else, and then configuring DOSBox to the proper graphical mode (with the DBGL frontend, that is easy to do). Keep trying and asking me/us...

Mark L. Rivers

Well, after new Duplode's time now it seems we have to smash a new barrier...  ;)

Krys TOFF

Hi to all, I'm back from 1 week holidays.

@CTG and Alex/Darkie/Dark Chaser (choose the nick you prefer ;)) :
About the video, I can accept an external video if during this video I can see the race from the start to the end without any break, and if the name entrance after the race is also recorded.
YouTube publishing or video sent by mail, whatever you like. But best is the DOSBox video I think.

@Darkie again :
Don't send me any RH replay, FTT is a noRH competition. And replays + video proofs will have to be sent only after the track is finished, when 2nd track will be started.

@BJ and all those with DOSBox management issues :
If you have a slow computer (like the one I had before it burnt ::)), don't run any other program while playing a game (Stunts or any other) with DOSBox. Then, adjust cycles as Duplode suggested. I also used a high level (10000 to 12000) value for the cycles on my old computern, with a frameskip value of 0. Stunts never runned smoothly with a frameskip value higher than 0.
Setting DOSBox for my current computer with Vista was harder, but I works fine now too.

BonzaiJoe

How to set frameskip values?

So far, my efforts haven't worked :) I tried some things that were suggested here, and also tried not running anything else at the same time as DOSBox. On top of not working, my Media Player now also won't play DVDs anymore  >:(  So I uninstalled DOSBox. But I may install it again. I did an 1.12.10 with the strange alternating speeds, but I hope I can make it work better and do a seriously good time! Or borrow someone's camera :)
But we can't be quite sure.