News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Website translation

Started by Krys TOFF, April 22, 2008, 04:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Well, according to the presence of pipsqueaks that are not very familiar with english language (some JACStunts pipsqueaks, Ayrton, AbuRaf, and some Hungarian pipsqueaks that joined only USC), I wonder if it's needed to do other languages for the website.
If some of you are interested to translate pages (mainly rules page) then talk it here.

As all website is php and with the same database, it's not a problem to have more than 1 language. Just main page will be multi-ligual then current website is in a sub-directory so I can create other sub-directories (one for each language), all linked to the same database. A Babel tower website, one scoreboard. I like the concept.

I'll also need translators' help for what will be regular news (new track available, winner of previous track is, and sentences like that) translation. Or maybe grant access to language moderators for the news. Dunno yet.

Of course, I can take care of the French translation myself. Languages needed are Spanish, Portuguese and Hungarian I think.

Your opinion ?

I'll leave tomorrow morning for 1 week holidays, you've got 1 full week to think about it and translate the pages if you want to and we'll talk about it later. ;)

Chulk

I like the idea. I can help you with the Spanish translation, all you have to do is ask.  ;)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

OK then, go on but don't speed too much, I'll be away for 1 week.
thanks for the help. ;)

Chulk

I did it before I saw you reply. Here you go. Welcome page and Rules & Infos page in a .doc file. Modify the distribution of the text however you like.

Krys TOFF

Thanks for the job Chulk, I'll check it this week-end.

Duplode

Krys: I arranged a Brazilian Portuguese translation for the pages; use it however you wish...

Krys TOFF

Krys TOFF

Brazilian version is 75% done, with some parts to correct and small bugs (Stunts logo with link to Stunts portal at the bottom of the menu). Send replay, register and download pages still to be done.

Spanish version not yet uploaded but partially done too.

Main page is now choice page for language, with home-made mixed flags for language choice. Maybe flags are too big, what's your opinion ?

I think I'll add in the menu a possibility to switch from 1 language to another easily.

Please tell me your feedback about this evolution. :)

Chulk

I've checked Spanish version. It's quite good but has some problems with genre of nouns (el, la are not the same as in French, although I thought they would be quite the same). If you want, send me any text you want to be translated and I send you the Spanish version. Also, it's very formal to use "usted". If you want I can translate it using "tu" instead, let me know whatever you need.

Krys TOFF

This is the problem with Google translations.
OK Chulk, I'll finish the brazilian portuguese version and then I'll check with you in PM for what I still miss for spanish translation.

Chulk

Ok, no problem. And the link to the page below Mark's video is in Portuguese