News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Different competitions for two transmission types????

Started by Dayan, February 21, 2003, 04:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dayan

Hey stunts maniacs..........
   How are your ideas about this?????

(I don't like driving manual  :cry: !!!!!)

Dayan the newcomer
Keep in touch !

alanrotoi

Well, in Jul - Aug 2002 there was a contest track where the rule was race with automatic transmission. It was an interesting idea but I don't enjoy too much with auto transm.

But you are right, there is a difference between auto and manual. I guess I can't reach 1:24.05 in zct22 with auto. And the difference is bigger with the power gear cars (Indy, corvette, acura, Ferrari, ?audi?).

CTG

Unfortunately it's true...  :cry:  :x  :evil:  :(

BonzaiJoe

Anyone can learn to use manual transmission. It's not that hard. At least not if your gears are on Space and Enter. Just try!

Fdzierva almost never used manual transmission, and he achieved super results. Look at his replays.
But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

QuoteAnyone can learn to use manual transmission. It's not that hard.

Fortunately it's true! :lol:
But better for me are the A-Z keys ;)

al il professore

first of all congratulations on the new close up avatar from rotoi... for those who read this when it has change again, it is a close up of violet bikini, two wonderful breasts and a thin and tan belly from brazil.

herm

DAYAN... come on, u got a left hand? so drive manual, like us all. And u will drive faster this way, u will develop unknown muscles and brain zones.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Dayan

Hey enough of it, I'll start driving manual (i want my name on the scoreboard.. :? ), but tell me how to change the control keys ??? (from Enter and Spaceber to A and Z?) :roll:
Keep in touch !

Dayan

Quote from: "al il professore"

herm

DAYAN... come on, u got a left hand? so drive manual, like us all. And u will drive faster this way, u will develop unknown muscles and brain zones.

al il, I'll try to use my left hand,
But you got it wrong at the end !! There aren't any unknown brain zones in me...... :x
Keep in touch !

BonzaiJoe

Why would you want to change to A and Z? :D It's clearly better to have the lever on Space and Enter - then you can use part of your left hand to control the arrows also. I think it depends on where you downloaded the game. It can't be changed as far as I know

zaqrack

simply both keysets work at the same time, you don't have to change anything.

alanrotoi

Well... when I started to use manual I used the Space - Enter keys like in Gran Prix Circuit/Cycles, test drive, etc.
I guess I changed to A - Z after playing Car & Driver or NFS. But from the first time to control the car I used the keypad numbers.

Dayan

Ya,, it's working. .... thanx zak
Keep in touch !

CTG

I just looked up the transmissions' war in ZakStunts: since 2002 (when using manual gears already was absolutely dominant), the best ranking with auto gears was a 4th place (from 16 pipsqueaks) by me with LM002 (behind Bonzai Joe, Alain, Akoss Poo but overtaking Usrin, Krys, Zak and Mingva). That wasn't a really pro race - if Super Brian can finish 5th or 6th now, his result will be better than mine comparing the opponents and the evolution of the competitions...

I suggest to have a pure auto trm race once in ZakStunts. If not then in Unskilled. ;)

BonzaiJoe

Interesting idea. Although there already was one in 2002 (ZCT +3).

Krys TOFF

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 16, 2009, 05:57:25 PM
Interesting idea. Although there already was one in 2002 (ZCT +3).
I remember this one : Hungaroring reverse, 3 laps, indy, auto gears. I ended 5th if I remember it well. Looping Warriors (Akoss and Usrin) were 1st and 2nd, Orion took the 3 following places (Alain, Mingva and me in this order if my memory is correct). This was one of my 1st races, with ZCT16 and FSC1.