News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

How to bring more pipsqueaks in FTT competition ?

Started by Krys TOFF, June 20, 2008, 03:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should be done to bring more racers at FTT competition ?

Nothing. This competition has no interest for me I prefer only RH races.
Implement 1 leading time bonus per race ?
Implement leading time bonuses after each week deadline like SDR did ?
Create easier or shorter tracks ?
Create harder or longer tracks ?
Allow different cars possible per track like ZakStunts 2008 ?
Stop designing tracks myself and only ask other to design better tracks than mine ?
Don't use video validation and accept replays even if noRH racing can't be proved ?
Create ghosts pipsqueaks to use them as listfillers ?
Put hot chicks pictures in "send new time" page that display only after a new time is posted ?
Something else ? (please explain your idea in your post then)

Krys TOFF

Please explain your vote with a post.
No deadline to answer this poll, no possibility to change your vote.
Thanks in advance for voting.

CTG

Check my vote... :D

It would inspire many of us - although people would "send" fake times just to see those pics. ;D

AbuRaf70

Hola Krys:

En mi caso, no corro en noRH porque no se como hacerlo con los videos...

Por el mismo detalle, no pude hacerlo en las que organizó Mark...

Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Chulk

I don't think there's a solution to this problem, but I'd really like to see LTB like in 1st season of SRD. BTW, who voted ghost creation?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk
BTW, who voted ghost creation?
Either AbuRaf selected 1 line lower than the info he wrote in his message, or CTG made on of his ghost vote. ;D

CTG

BonzaiJoe

But we can't be quite sure.

Mark L. Rivers

With current participation (I mean with 4 drivers) I think that LTB would burn a more passionated fight in NORH race avoiding an exasperated hiding or psyco-tactical, that leads to see only 4 or 5 times in 20 days. Maybe we would see a new leading time every 2 or 3 days and this would pump up the "volume" of this specialty. Even if this maybe wouldn't bring more drivers to participate.
I'm quite agree with BJ, there's not a specific solution for this situation. Maybe, the only factor that could positively affect the number of drivers is a shorter an easier track, that means, less attempts needed, less tricks or lucky rebounds needed, less stress researching a strong performance.
But, beside this, I think it could be interesting and useful for the question that all drivers who didn't still participate to a NORH race with DOSBox system (or took part only in one or two races) would say sincerly the reason of their missed join.

Duplode

I would mention two different points. The main issue keeping dirvers away from FTT (and from SDR last year as well) are techincal issues. My vote was for "something else", standing for further work on creation of DOSBox tutorials and maybe extra divulgation for newbies as well. We definitively need a throughout Stunts-on-DOSBox tutorial on the Wiki -  in fact I have long considered starting it, but inspiration is currently lacking. Additionally, adding LTB would enhance activity and interest and maybe, as a side effect, bring in more pipsqueaks. I'd love to see the return of '07 SDR style LTB (weekly checkpoints), which would be nice for ensuring rule uniqueness on the current environment. If the poll allowed multiple choices, I would vote for option #3 in addition to #11. And finally, I feel the tracks are not an issue -  their difficulties were perfectly fine on those first three races, and nothing really needs to be changed. Any moderately challenging NoRH track can potentially become hell for the frontrunners, since in NoRH racing the main factor in difficulty on a reasonable design is how hard one wishes to push. For instance, it seems to me a midfielder/newbie would not find, say, FTT0102 as hard as we did, simply because (s)he wouldn't dare to break the minute mark before reaching a somewhat higher level of experience/confidence, and thus wouldn't be demotivated by the track.

Finally, I restate Mark's suggestion: the folks who didn't/couldn't join FTT should follow AbuRaf's example and voice their opinions... ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on June 21, 2008, 07:48:47 PM
I would mention two different points. The main issue keeping dirvers away from FTT (and from SDR last year as well) are techincal issues. My vote was for "something else", standing for further work on creation of DOSBox tutorials and maybe extra divulgation for newbies as well. We definitively need a throughout Stunts-on-DOSBox tutorial on the Wiki -  in fact I have long considered starting it, but inspiration is currently lacking.

To develop a tutorial, maybe it would be useful starting from here:

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/rules/About-DOSBOX.htm

Or not...?  ;)

zaqrack

if you could manage to give me more free-time (and a working computer at home which is not attached on the wall, and sits on my desk, damn the Hungarian Customs to intercept my notebook-mainboard for already a week!!!!), I would sure join.