News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

FTT0102

Started by Krys TOFF, May 05, 2008, 09:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

2nd race will be with a fast car, I plan to alternate fast and slow cars in the competition.
And we will have our 1st guest track designer for this track : Mark L. Rivers. ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Very happy to know this news!  :)

Mark L. Rivers

At last, a driver who doesn't want hiding his potential...  ;)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on May 08, 2008, 06:57:51 PM

Mmmm, is this comment for Duplode's time at FTT0101 track instead of FTT0102 topic ? :D

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on May 08, 2008, 11:01:30 PM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on May 08, 2008, 06:57:51 PM

Mmmm, is this comment for Duplode's time at FTT0101 track instead of FTT0102 topic ? :D

Sure! Sorry!  :D

Krys TOFF

More info about 2nd track that will start tonight : car chosen is Porsche 962 and track design should make the race quite fluent and enjoyable (I just tested it once to test and validate the track).
Track itself is designed by Mark, but additionnal scenery was really poor so I completed it. ;D

Mark L. Rivers

Krys is right, the scenery was really poor! Effectively, I designed the track in about 20-30 minutes and I send him it immediately, sure to have realized a very good track for this 2nd NORH race... So I... missed some "decorative" elements...  Even if... I think that speed and, above all, adrenaline will be so high that drivers will see almost only the road and the chronometer... ;)
Anyway I think that a dazzling point will be sure just after the last tunnel, where drivers will have to reduce drastically their speed having to countersteer trying to find, as in a real race, the right trajectory to insert the car in the short uphill, finding the right angle to make a right slide in acceleration...   :)   But even the final will be really fine...   ;)

Krys TOFF

Track is ready for you all to race. I hope you'll enjoy the scenery addition Mark. ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Just see the track with TB: great scenery Krys!  :)
And now, I'm going to put my helmet....   8)

Oh, Btw: starting from this track, the names of my tracks will be a tribute to my favourite songs ever.
So... this track is called "New Languages"...  ;)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on May 11, 2008, 10:07:13 PM

Just see the track with TB: great scenery Krys!  :)
And now, I'm going to put my helmet....   8)

Oh, Btw: starting from this track, the names of my tracks will be a tribute to my favourite songs ever.
So... this track is called "New Languages"...  ;)
Oh yes, I forgot to mention it. Sorry.
And thanks for the scenery. ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Z83, FTT0101, Naval, Z84, FTT0102.... Finding Duplode it's becoming a constant for me while I try to reach the first place...  ;)   As I had predicted last year, Duplode is on the road to be an absolute starring of this circus... and he's already onward on that road... :)

Krys TOFF

Mark is the 1st below 1 minute. Who will react ?

Duplode

"New Language" is a fluent and engaging (and hard!) track, interesting to drive on. It makes me willing to integrate more hill edges into my future non-IRC designs. I intend to meet you guys there again in a while.

And Mark: If you look forward and see me, that's because I look upwards and see you...

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on May 15, 2008, 05:02:42 AM
And Mark: If you look forward and see me, that's because I look upwards and see you...

That's right...  ;)

Duplode

Krys, a question about recording... my latest DOSBox video has two possible minor imperfections: first, I forgot to erase and rewrite my name when prompted at the "Evaluation" screen, inserting my nick on the scoreboard by pressing Enter straight away. Second, I recorded some additional footage of me saving the replay (~5-6 second). Do any of those compromise the validity of my video or am I being overzealous? It's just I don't want to risk publishing an invalid time...