News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

FTT0103

Started by Krys TOFF, June 01, 2008, 08:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

3rd race will be raced with Porsche Carrera 4.
Track design and scenery are quite differen from previous race, I always have problems to design track for Carrera. :D
I hope you'll like it, track is not so difficult but is longer than previous races, and each corner can make you loose a lot of time. Perfect replay will be hard to achieve in noRH, but who knows what Duplode (twice winner of first 2 races) is capable of ?
Of course, Chulk, Mark or any other pipsqueak are allowed to be faster than Duplode. ;D

Duplode

OMG! NoRH dual-way switching with Carrera?! :o Or are we supposed to only use the "outer" path? (Edit: Indeed it would be nicer if both the dual-way switching and the "square" paths get forbidden, the race will be a bit boring with them...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Duplode on June 02, 2008, 12:37:56 AM
OMG! NoRH dual-way switching with Carrera?! :o Or are we supposed to only use the "outer" path? (Edit: Indeed it would be nicer if both the dual-way switching and the "square" paths get forbidden, the race will be a bit boring with them...)
Oops ! :o Stupid me : I added a round road as scenery but you're all supposed to race the external track.

Krys TOFF

A news in the website have been added to explain this point. Way-switching is forbidden in this track, sorry for the inconvenience, I forgot this when I added the scenery. Stupid me... ::)

Duplode

Well, now with the ring road excluded the track is pretty intriguing, and will likely provide an unusual and interesting race, maybe with a lot of different racing lines... :)  And Krys, a suggestion: maybe it would be a good idea to fuse "Home" and "News" pages on the website, a newbie who doesn't go to the forums for instance could easily overlook the dual-way switching warning.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Duplode on June 03, 2008, 04:06:57 AM
Krys, a suggestion: maybe it would be a good idea to fuse "Home" and "News" pages on the website, a newbie who doesn't go to the forums for instance could easily overlook the dual-way switching warning.
I was thinking the same after publishing my news yesterday. I should put "home" infos on main index page (the one with Mark's video) and keep only the news as index page on english website (it reminds me that I still have to finish the other languages websites). I had no time yesterday but I'll do it in the next days.
Good thing is the way I programmed the website : I have only to change 1 file and all pages will be changed for the left menu change. Php is really powerfull and time saving. I remember how much time it was to update WRC Stunts and IMSA Cup websites, I'm so happy now with php. :)

Duplode

Oh, hello Mark, nice to see you up there again! ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Well, I find 30 minutes to try the track, at last...
Strange race, this one... Long track, soap car, vanish shortcuts, it needs drive very carefully...
I really don't know how it will finish... Sure I hope to stay ahead you, but... your shape is really amazing! 

Chulk

I promise to be on track by Monday night, it's just that I've been really, really busy this week. I'll test the track and send my first (acceptable) time.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

2 days remaining until deadline and still only 3 pipsqueaks... ::)
Even if Chulk joins, it will be the same 4 pipsqueaks as last race... :-[

Duplode

Having nearly not having raced over this week other than Zak/Jac opening laps, I'm about to try a last shot right now - my current time is just too old... :)

Duplode

Oh my... and here I thought I was safe with improving three seconds and a half in the last few hours!  :-[
...oh well, guess it's congratulations to Mark then...  :)

Mark L. Rivers

Thanks Duplode...  :)
Well, another win for you would have made really hard my run to the title... So today I tried to improve my 1.36,35 realized last sunday and... I found a good lap... ;)

Krys TOFF

Well done Mark anc Duplode, hard fight between you. Sadly I didn't join it due to bad mood.

Seeing only 3 pipsqueaks (including me) racing makes me think of the time spent to code the website... And I wonder if it was worth the job according to the number of pipsqueaks to be honest... ::)

One positive thing (apart the fight between Mark and Duplode) : AbuRaf sent a replay by mail. But I can't valid it as there's no video recording...

I am not in the mood of website update tonight (track upload, news and stats update), expect the new track tomorrow only. Sorry for those who wanted to race tonight.

Chulk

Sorry I couldn't join guys! But! My heavy final, mid-term, extra courses period is over now. I was really busy because I wanted to do 3 final exams in last 2 months, apart from a couple of mid-term and a home course of an Accountancy program (actually, I got the program and spent many hours daily figuring out how it worked using some tutorials). That's why I was around the forum as always but couldn't race. Expect full power Chulk for next 2 or 3 months at least!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)