News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Z85 - Analisys

Started by Mark L. Rivers, July 30, 2008, 10:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

Highlights:

1) Ayrton's dominance in every section, from the beginning to the end
2) Alan Rotoi always second at every intermediate
3) Only Ayrton and me choose the left at the initial twilight: slow passage at the barrier, but higher speed for the next tract. Ayrton succeeds to find a best angle than me jumping from the loop, making so a faster curve before the barriers.
4) Amazing flying over the tunnel around 50-53 seconds for Ayrton and Alan Rotoi. I tried the same jump but without conviction...

Personal consideration: really a pity for me not to be able to race in last week due to my holidays. As I wrote in ZakStunts message-board, I had maxouted only my first 60 seconds, and seeing the analisys, until there I was still in race for the podium... And to be so near to Alan Rotoi after 50 seconds of race (0,30 my gap from him) makes me quite satisfied, above all because this is only my 3rd official race with Lancia.... ;)

Duplode

This analysis is more interesting than I supposed. It seems my choice of taking the outher path and doing an inner loopcut in section 3 paid off (best sectors 3-4 bar Ayrton and his hairpin), allowing me to balance Mark's gains on the first two sectors and paving way for my provisional third place by intermediate 6. Unfortunately for me and Mark, we didn't clean our lines enough on the final fast 30''; else it would have been a very tight milissecond race for third place...

And welcome back, Mark! :)