News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

FTT0104

Started by Krys TOFF, June 24, 2008, 09:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

OK guys, website is not updated sadly (no time again, thanks to the hacker of my mail >:() but the track is attached there.
Race it with Audi and please wait a few days until website update. You won't be able to post your time in the website until that.

Mark L. Rivers

First impression: simple and hard challenge.
Two key-points: 1) first cut before first tunnel and 2) final curve (the crokscrew annoys very much...  ;)).
Over this, we have to push as fast as possible the Audi between a lot of bankroads. But Audi is not so manageable at high speed: unexpected rebounds are constantly behind the corner...  ::)
Only one real fear, that is the race could be decided by a unusual jump/rebound/bug that permits to take a big advantage respect a normal race...  :-\
Anyway, I'm here to win...  ;)

P.S.
First crappy time: 1.19,00

Chulk

About the track: it looks quite easy too finish but after a few tries, you see it's not so easy to max out.
About key-points: Sure the major key-point is the cut before the tunnel. And then I found 2 places that might ruin a good lap. First one is the ending, not so much for the Corkscrew Left/Right but the jump before the corner bothers much more. Second one (though it comes earlier in the track) is the straight banked road after the Corkscrew Up/Down. It's really not that complicated as car is fast enough to jump over it, the problem is the landing. Audi bounces a lot, so landing on the banked road may cause the car to go left and ruin a fast lap until there.
About first (not so crappy) try: I did 1:16.85
About winning time: I guess it can be around 1:10.XX
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Simple and hard, indeed it is. At least the straight sections give you some short breaks for breathing between the nervous handling tricks... As for the championship, this race is pretty important to keep my momentum since Track 5 will be with one of my weakest cars - and one of Chulk's strongest (and yet I feel once again I'll only be able to max out Track 4 pretty near the deadline...).

Anyway: my initial time, just performed, is 1:21.10 - but take into account this one had a very long unplanned excursion through grass... :D
Edit: OK, replace the above with a proper opening lap without major mistakes of 1:18.15

Krys TOFF

I followed the comments of the poll. Track was harder before, but I simplified it (especially the parts with banked corners, there was dirt 180 degrees corner initially instead of 180 degrees banked corner) to make it shorter/faster as required. So of course it is easier to finish and faster for 1 lap, allowing more attempts for the same amount of racing time.

Key parts are of course those signaled by Mark. Efficient loop cut/speed when reaching the tunnel combination is the key to victory... Except if you completely miss the cork left/right finish. ;D

Krys TOFF

Website is updated, you can now publish your times on the website and download the track in case you didn't do it already.
I also finally found and corrected the date bug for the 1st time you posted a result in the scoreboard.

So, now that this bug is corrected I'll work about the leading time bonus possibility for the future tracks. According to the feedback in the poll this is what you want so I'll implement it. ;)

Chulk

Great to hear that about LTB! Remember it will require to check the video after every new leading time is published... do you have the time to do it? Else, we can think of a different way to check, like posting every time we make, and then, at deadline, ask only for those which lead. And finals, of course.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Chulk on June 27, 2008, 06:40:56 PM
Great to hear that about LTB! Remember it will require to check the video after every new leading time is published... do you have the time to do it? Else, we can think of a different way to check, like posting every time we make, and then, at deadline, ask only for those which lead. And finals, of course.

Really great news! About it, I think that LTB rule should contemplate the immediately sending of the related video. And I'm sure that Krys will find the time to check every video related to a leading time. (Anyway, if Krys won't have the time to check all that but only a part, sure he won't tell us it... ;))
About checking, I have not any compliant if Krys will want see the video from the beginning to the end.  :)

Duplode

Well, I've just kickstarted the final week festivities... I'll probably only be able to resume racing by the next weekend (except for a "listfiller" for JACStunts round 11, or at least so I hope... ::)), so keep racing 'till then!  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on July 05, 2008, 05:25:27 PM
(except for a "listfiller" for JACStunts round 11, or at least so I hope... ::))

Round 11? Checking the site it seems that it has to publish the results of round 9, and it's not still started Round 10... Or not?  ???

Duplode

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on July 05, 2008, 11:08:23 PM
Round 11? Checking the site it seems that it has to publish the results of round 9, and it's not still started Round 10... Or not?  ???

Indeed the site says Round 9, but that's because the site updates sometimes lag behind a bit - partly because the main webmaster is not the competition manager. Perhaps it would be good to have some "Season Calendar" page set in stone from the beginning to avoid those issues... BTW I hadn't noticed the issue since I nearly always visit the Orkut community instead of the actual site. Anyway, actually we are in Round 11, and luckily I already managed to find ten minutes to produce that listfiller :)

AbuRaf70

Hola Amigos...!!!

Por tener muchos problemas con mi viejo Windows 98 SE, mi hijo me instaló LINUX y DOSBox y hasta ahora anda todo muy bien...

Pero, lamentablemente, no podemos grabar el video porque Linux es distinto a Windows y no asume Clt + Alt + F5...

En Windows, se crea la carpeta Capture folder y un acceso directo a ella, 
como enseña el tutorial.-
En Linux no queda claro  si esa carpeta está creada o no.
Y de no estarlo, hay que hacerla, pero no se dónde...  ese es el punto que 
falta.
Donde crear (o encontrar) la carpeta  "Capture" (o algo así)  en Linux.

Si alguien conoce como se hace en LINUX, les agradecería me lo enseñen...  ya Krys y Mark hicieron todo lo posible, pero la primer parte la hacemos bien...  nos falta saber donde está la carpeta con el video grabado...  Mark me dijo que busque el .AVI, pero allí no está...

Espero noticias       MUCHAS GRACIAS               AbuRaf70
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Chulk

Sobre la carpeta "capture", lo mas facil va a ser que busques en el config del DOSbox (DOSBox.conf o algo asi) donde dice Capture=capture. En lugar del segundo capture, pone la carpeta que quieras para guardar los videos (Yo tengo la misma donde pongo los replays de FTT).
Y sobre las teclas, una vez iniciado el DOSBox, apreta Ctrl + F1 y te va a abrir el Keymapper. Ahi busca donde dice video y hace click, te a aparecer abajo que dice Mod 1 y Mod 2 y ambos estan tildados, ademas de decir F5. Destilda ambos Mod (que no son otra cosa mas que Ctrl y Alt) y fijate que deberia funcionar solo con apretar F5. Espero que te sirva y puedas entrar a la competencia.

Duplode

AbuRaf: muy buena idea de ustedes de hacerlo en Linux... ;) Cuanto la carpeta "capture", por algun motivo ella no es creada automaticamiente por DOSBox. Cree la carpeta en su "Home Folder"/"Carpeta Personal", con lo nombre todo en minúsculas, y sus videos deberan pasar a ser grabados (or enton, también puedes localizar lo dosbox.conf como Chulk sugerio...)

Hasta breve! :)

AbuRaf70

Gracias Amigos....!!!!

Mañana viene mi hijo a almorzar y él se encargará de hacer lo que Uds. dicen...

Yo solamente corro...  hago como los pilotos de F1, que tienen quien les prepara todo...  jua.. jua...
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.