News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

FTT0105

Started by Krys TOFF, July 15, 2008, 11:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

And I'm on holidays tonight for 3 weeks, but will be at home first 2 weeks (working on the house and the garden), so I'll have more time to race compared to now, mainly dedicated to noRH racing (JACStunts and FTT). Beware even more ! ;D
OK, maybe I just say it to make you nervous... or maybe not.

AbuRaf70

Estoy igual que Krys...  o me penaliza con 18 segundos o me estrello en la pared...  todavía no logro pasar, pero lo sigo intentando...

Krys:  espero tengas unas buenas vacaciones y que las disfrutes mucho...
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Krys TOFF

Chulk

I'll be on holidays the next 2 weeks too. Only that I still have to study, so I'll have more time, but not all the time in the world...

Krys: Enjoy your holidays!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

I've broken through... :D

Another paranoid question on video sending: there's no problem if the recorded lap has bugged engine sound, with only the "back-beat" part of it audible, right?

Krys TOFF

Well, it happened to me sometimes that when you let the game for a while (like when answering a phone call or so), then the game is with no sound when you race again, or sometimes with limited sound (only the sliding, no engine sound, quite weird).
Often a crash is required to put the sound back, sometime 2 crashes are needed.
I think it's a DOSBox bug.
As it's a bug and as Stunts is bug pleasure, I can't refuse it. ;) But please when it happens next time just deliberately do a crash and then restart the race, and normally the sound should be back to normal. :)

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on July 25, 2008, 12:32:29 PM
I'll have more time to race compared to now, mainly dedicated to noRH racing. Beware even more ! ;D
Krys, better start your engine. Aburaf is aready at the edge of the minute, and we are still waiting for you to join the 50 secs battle (though now it's a 49 secs battle)  ;)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on July 28, 2008, 11:16:07 PM
Well, it happened to me sometimes that when you let the game for a while (like when answering a phone call or so), then the game is with no sound when you race again, or sometimes with limited sound (only the sliding, no engine sound, quite weird).
Often a crash is required to put the sound back, sometime 2 crashes are needed.
I think it's a DOSBox bug.
As it's a bug and as Stunts is bug pleasure, I can't refuse it. ;) But please when it happens next time just deliberately do a crash and then restart the race, and normally the sound should be back to normal. :)

I'd do that usually, but at that time I was about to stop racing for the day and was doing some completely careless laps just for the kicks, and it just happened I improved my time unexpectedly. But next time I'll be more careful   :)

Quote from: Chulk on July 29, 2008, 11:52:25 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on July 25, 2008, 12:32:29 PM
I'll have more time to race compared to now, mainly dedicated to noRH racing. Beware even more ! ;D
Krys, better start your engine. Aburaf is aready at the edge of the minute, and we are still waiting for you to join the 50 secs battle (though now it's a 49 secs battle)  ;)

Sure, and BTW now we're also expecting Mark to join the fifty forty-nine forty-eight seconds battle...  ;)

Krys TOFF

Well, I posted a 56 seconds replay and now a 54 one. I keep my 48 seconds one hidden so far. ;D :P :D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Krys TOFF
I keep my 48 seconds one hidden so far. ;D :P :D
I'm surprised nobody said I was bluffing... But maybe I wasn't. ;D
Anyway, less than 2 hours to race guys ! ;)

Krys TOFF

OK, 1 hour remaining, my final time is in the scoreboard. But Duplode also showed his cards and...!!! :o :o :o

Mark L. Rivers

My time is 45"60. Ftt doesn't permit me to register it... but my clock signed 17.59....

Duplode

Well, we all are really pushing the live deadline system... :D Nevertheless, I won't object for a few seconds in case Krys accepts Mark's result. And damn, this was astonishingly close yet again! :o

Mark L. Rivers

I sent my replay and video by mail at 18:02. Krys, evaluate what you want to do, and thanks Duplode for your fair play.

Analyzing the race, I realized my time last 18th July, before my holidays, and then I didn't race until today when I saw (18:25 of today) Duplode's winning time published. I tried to improve, but I realized "only" a 45,80 at 18:52 and just at 18:58 I didn't succeed to keep on the road my Acura in last curve, when I miss 3 seconds to the finish... >:(  Maybe it was enough: I land on the bank-road at 39,85 against 39,90 of my best time...  :'(
A thing is sure: this is not a lucky year for me...  ::)
But congratulations to you, Duplode, again! It seems that 3rd official NORH contest will have a 3rd different winner...  ;)

Krys TOFF

OK, I'll accept it. I got his mail a few minutes after the deadline, that's right.
Anyway, what is important is servor's time. I can't do anything about it, it's not my home servor as Zak's one.
So, I suggest you to correct your computer's clock. ;)