News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Tour de France 2008

Started by BonzaiJoe, July 15, 2008, 09:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

Is anyone else still following this event?

As it looks to me right now, there are three possible winners:

Cadel Evans, Riccardo Ricco, Frank Schleck, Denis Menchov.

Outsiders:

Carlos Sastre, Christian Vandevelde.

It's looking good for Cadel Evans. Only Ricco seems to be better in the mountains. None of the others have proven they are better than him on the mountains, but they have to be because he will beat them on the time trial.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on July 15, 2008, 09:25:08 PM
Is anyone else still following this event?

As it looks to me right now, there are three possible winners:

Cadel Evans, Riccardo Ricco, Frank Schleck, Denis Menchov.

Outsiders:

Carlos Sastre, Christian Vandevelde.

It's looking good for Cadel Evans. Only Ricco seems to be better in the mountains. None of the others have proven they are better than him on the mountains, but they have to be because he will beat them on the time trial.

Dope de France... Ask Akoss, he's the Tour Gay.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Well, I can't watch all the stages this year, but when the big mountains are in action or if there's a time trial, I'm in front of the tv. It will be Evans' or VandeVelde's Tour... they are the new Anglo-Saxon doping kings. Doping is all about sports diplomacy, lobbying and medicals, and so are sports... Europeans are nowhere, Riccó's caught is also not a surprise. Though he is no more doped than the others. I would have loved to see Valverde or Riccó in front, but instead of them, we have to gaze this "grey mouse" in yellow for the following part of the race.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

I do think Riccó was a tad more doped than the others. It was very evident on Stage 9...
But we can't be quite sure.

Krys TOFF

Ricco was arrested for doping yesterday evening. 3rd guy caught since the Tour de France started. Probably not the last one.
Road cyclism competitions suck. I prefer mountain bike competitions, but they are much less popular, even in France although Absalon was 3 times world champion in a row.