News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Annoying things

Started by Chulk, July 31, 2008, 12:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

thanks for the thoughts!

I feel better today. I have to, got an interview late afternoon.
I have exercised handshaking with Andi, it does not hurt that much :D

Chulk

How come they only took pictures of your finger to see if it's broken? Those docs really suck, Zak. Go see a real one!

PS: Good luck with the interview! If handshaking hurts too much, pretend Asian culture sticked to you and just bow  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

BonzaiJoe

Good luck. I'm sure you'll do fine...
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Interview survived, next round is the psychological test. I know how to complete it pretending I'm normal... ;D

zaqrack

just don't try to cheat because thats what they are trying to detect :)

my interview today was also fine (second round coming up), but I don't like the job. The director said in order to fill this position successfully one has to become a chemist. And I don't want to do that :) And I dont like pharmaceutical companies that much anyway. (in fact I dislike them)
So, moved it back in the priority list.

On the other hand, my hand feels better (what a word joke :)))

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on May 05, 2009, 06:54:34 PM
The director said in order to fill this position successfully one has to become a chemist. And I don't want to do that :) And I dont like pharmaceutical companies that much anyway. (in fact I dislike them)
So, moved it back in the priority list.

LOL!!! Maybe we were at the same company then. Gedeonbácsi? :D

zaqrack

no, but you were close. EGIS :)

CTG

Pharmaceutical companies are my main targets (where else should I work with analytical chemistry...), I handled CVs to the 4 "big": Richter, EGIS, Chinoin, TEVA. Seems like the first one fits me, hopefully they will think the same. :D

Quote from: zaqrack on May 05, 2009, 06:54:34 PM
just don't try to cheat because thats what they are trying to detect :)

Don't worry, that round will be survived somehow... ;D

zaqrack

not quite annoying, but worthwhile to mention:

now I have two job offers. One was made earlier, one will be made on monday. I have to decide soon and guess I'll take one of them and finish the search. None of them is related to China, so guess I'll head for different direction for a while.
It is a bit of a heart vs. rationality decision, but given that I have to support a family soon I guess I'll take the latter option.

There is one more possibility which sounds very promising and interesting (and a lot of money), but that is only in the first round and needs 3-4 more weeks to step forward. We'll see.   

JTK

Quote from: zaqrack on May 09, 2009, 06:55:10 AM
It is a bit of a heart vs. rationality decision, but given that I have to support a family soon I guess I'll take the latter option.
My experience, whether you have a familiy or not: If you want to be good and if you want to like what you're doing, take the "heart job"! Seriously, you'll quit the "mind job" as sonn as you find something else. In the "heart job" you might not become rich but maybe happy.
Anyway, whatever will be you decision - have luck with these offers and get at least one of them! :)
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

CTG

Looking for a flat to rent is a really annoying process! At the end of June I have to leave this hostel, although there's a possibility to move in another hostel of the university for July and August (then comes the end of my PhD contract) and from there to a sublet in September OR directly to a sublet at the end of June. First version is cheaper, providing almost unlimited internet access for free (100 GB/month, 100 Mbps) but I'm fed up with school hostels after 12 (!) years. On the other hand where to go? My girlfriend will work at the university in the next year too, while I would prefer a place close to my new workplace. Equal distance from the two places... well, it's the worst district of Budapest. :D And still not mentioning the time and energy to spend on checking different flats...

No chance for buying one at the moment, although that would be the best solution.

zaqrack

Don't be afraid, some parts of the 8th and 9th district are actually quite nice. I'm sure BonzaiJoe can provide you nice memories from Mester utca :)  On the other hand, Andi's brother lives near Rákóczi tér. Well, he was only robbed once in the past year. :)  Generally speaking the 8th district between Üll?i út and the Danuba is safe and sound. Above that not recommended. East from Orczy út you can also live safely.

I think central K?bánya would also be a rational and cheap choice, even if it means a bit more travel for your girl for a year. The Óhegy area of k?bánya has good traffic possibilities and is very clean and well-organized. My mother lived there for 5 years and liked it a lot. 

In any case, living on the Pest side after Buda will be strange  for sure.
But better move now. End of august all the good&cheap rents will be filled by new students

Chulk

What exactly do you call 'a bit more travel'? How much distance? Because I don't think it should affect CTG's decision...

CTG

I prefer the current place (11th district) for sublets (safe, close for my girlfriend - I don't want her to walk on the dark streets of 8th/9th district after work) and Köbánya for a later own flat. But probably it will be an absolutely different choice: somewhere around Zugló railway station seems to be another good option (~20 mins from the university by bus 7E, ~20 mins from my future workplace by train + bus; both of us can travel home easily from there).

Chulk: the possibility Zak mentioned would mean about 50 mins. A good one anyway (later) if my girlfriend is going to work for one of the big pharmaceutical companies at Köbánya.

Chulk

Oh, OK. 50 mins is quite a difference...