News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

FTT0106

Started by Krys TOFF, August 03, 2008, 06:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

New track available soon, designed for Lancia Delta Integrale.
Will you dare to handle its sliding capacities without RH ? ;D

Duplode

Good: This track will force me to learn a better approach to drifting techniques.
Bad: That means I'm likely to lose the race in the process... :)
Bet: On Chulk, should he unleash his full power ;)

Krys TOFF

I published my 1st weak time, at least 10 to 15 seconds lost in unwanted off-track journey at the last banked corner and so I got a very slow finish.

Chulk

I was just configuring DOSBox (I had to re-install it due to virus) to give it a try
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

For my chances, I hope anybody anybody else finds this is BY FAR the hardest track up to now. If not, well, you have just learned roughly what an anti-Duplode track should look like  :)
(Worry not Krys, this doesn't mean the track is disproportionately hard. Any good championship must make the/some drivers suffer sometimes  ;))

Chulk

Agree with Duplode there. Track is nice, but the hardest so far. Maybe it's the right time to give a show...

Chulk

Well, I finally had some time to race and approached the top. I guess winning time will be around 1:14 or 1:13. I just did 1:12, only using RH to rewind on crashes but without maxing out. Considering I risked a bit more because I had no pressure and could crash freely, I think 1 sec over it seems quite right. So, we still have about 3 seconds to improve.

Chulk

Yes! I knew I could go under 1:16... although after a few tries, 1:13 seems undoable unless you risk a lot and finish the track. 1:14 has a better chance to be achieved as winning time.

Duplode

This time I don't feel like I can agree with you analysis, Chulk... :) Also, I think I may have over-reacted a bit on the track difficulty: it's very challenging but not truly outside of Krys' expected standards in track design. Quite a good track, really... ;)

Chulk

You were right, Duplode. Seeing your time and considering I was really slow on loop-right-chicane-tunnel-banked road part (I even landed on the grass after rebounding on the banked road :( ) and did 1:14.75 (updated on FTT site), a low 1:13 seems doable, even a high 1:12, but that will do, I don't feel under 1:12.50 is possible if noone did it this far.

Krys TOFF

OK, starting to race again. But you are quite fast guys, it will be hard for me... :-\
So far I'm only just before AbuRaf (by 0.05 second :D).

Mark L. Rivers

I knew I can't win on this track, above all after seeing 1.13,80 made by Duplode. He sure would have not published that time if he had not at least a time 2 seconds faster...
Even if I'll be 2nd in this race, 10 points will divide me from the leader... This means I would have win all 5 races still remain until the end to be sure to win the title (6 victories for me against 5 for Duplode). Almost impossible, seeing current shape of Duplode, and thinking we still have to race with Ferrari, Corvette and lamborghini...  Let's see...

But, for the moment, one more time congratulations to you, Duplode ;)

Chulk

What the skid??!!??!!??!!

Chulk

Krys, I've been trying to post 1:13.15 in the site but it says my current time (1:14.75) is already faster than the new one  (1:13.15). It wasn't deadline issue because it was 13:45 around here and deadline is at 14:00Hs. Just to let you know.

CONGRATS DUPLODE! YOU'RE THE (almost certain) NEW NoRH CHAMPION!

Krys TOFF

You should have mistyped a number I think. Else, there's a weird unlogical bug.
But I see that your 1'13"15 is in the scoreboard so you finally managed to post it. Good.
As for me, I had 2 potential 1'15-1'16 replays but stupidly crashed just before the end on the last cork left/right. Going under 1'15 without RH was impossible for me without hours of attempts I think, so it would be 4th place for me anyway. Impressive times from Mark and Duplode, I can't wait to see the replays !