News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

FTT0107

Started by Krys TOFF, August 05, 2008, 11:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Duplode

Well, I planned to wait for Chulk's first impressions beforehand, but it wouldn't be very nice to withhold my opening lap for much longer, so there it is   :) It is a moderately strong time, far from perfect but without major mistakes. Also, I imagine one of the main trouble spots you guys are identifying is the blind 90º turn at the valley entrance (skip the hidden sentence in invisible font just ahead if you prefer not to read USC-style track spoilers, otherwise just cut-paste it to somewhere else  ;)). There is a reasonably sane (that is, one that won't drive you nuts too soon) way to get across it at full speed. Approach it from a wide trajectory making good use of the fast grass before, then aim for the apex of the small corner inserted on the slope while turning, gently, rightwards towards the hill.

Mark L. Rivers

I just made a lap in 1'39"... My only matter is that I realized it with RH...

Mark L. Rivers

Understanding that the loop can be cut  ::), I took a bit of courage and I tried to push... The results begin to become interesting...  ;)
Duplode remains the super-favourite of this race (not in order to be the designer but for his current shape and his feeling with GTO), but he will have to push hard even in this race to get the decisive points for the title...   8)
Just a pity for me that until the 10th of September I won't able to race...  ::)

Duplode

Strong early time, Mark! At least you have found a good pace before your travel... :)

Duplode

In anticipation of the final week, Krys' and Chulk's debut and Mark's return, I resumed my activities on the race... expecting any replies  :)

Chulk

Silent racing for me so far, as I'm still over 1:40. I'll race a bit harder next week but don't expect much from me. GTO is the car I hate the most...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Challenging track ! Every time I have a good start, I crash on the bloody tunnel wall just before the elevated corner at the end of the track...
My current posted time is an awful one with numerous mistakes, but it's the only un-crashed replay I have so far.

Mark L. Rivers

Even I had not touched a PC since August, it was impossible for me forgetting this race...
Why? Because in Ireland there are a lot of crosses approached by ... well, see attached image!  ;)

Btw, the script above is in Irish language, the gaelic!

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on September 07, 2008, 11:42:28 PM
Challenging track ! Every time I have a good start, I crash on the bloody tunnel wall just before the elevated corner at the end of the track...

Yes, I see what you mean. There are several lines to get that sector done right, the only problem is there are about twenty times more ways to mess it up completely... :D

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on September 10, 2008, 01:13:46 PM
Even I had not touched a PC since August, it was impossible for me forgetting this race...
Why? Because in Ireland there are a lot of crosses approached by ... well, see attached image!  ;)

Wonder if you've seen many valleys, lakes and mountains too... ;)

By the way, a short while ago I was (or better, I still am) attempting to lower my time. I assure you guys it's not being easy. If only I could get it two seconds closer to the limit I predicted...

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on September 14, 2008, 03:27:57 AM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on September 10, 2008, 01:13:46 PM

Wonder if you've seen many valleys, lakes and mountains too... ;)

You can be sure, about 1000 pictures with my camera... ;)

Quote from: Duplode on September 14, 2008, 03:27:57 AM
By the way, a short while ago I was (or better, I still am) attempting to lower my time. I assure you guys it's not being easy.

Absolutely it's not easy...

Duplode

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on August 30, 2008, 02:21:47 PM
Duplode remains the super-favourite of this race (not in order to be the designer but for his current shape and his feeling with GTO), but he will have to push hard even in this race to get the decisive points for the title...   8)

Well, it seems that every time I get super-favourite status on a race I end up failing to confirm the predictions... congratulations Mark! I'm really looking forward to see your approach on this  :)

Mark L. Rivers

I (pleasently) have to congratulate with you too, because your time is really very, very strong. When I wrote my last comment, I had "only" a 1.34,75 and I had found very hard overtaking your 1.35,05. But just after 10 minutes I searched to lower again my time, founding the 1.33,60. I tried again for several attempts, but after every crash (obviously against the tunnel...) I re-drove in RH the race, obtaining a time not better than 1.33,20 - 1.33,30. And this convicted me that maybe I had a time strong enough to win...  ;)   And I'm also waiting to see your replay to analyze our races, section by section.  :)

Now, I wait the thanks from Krys having kept open (at least for the moment) the fight and the interest for the title...  :D ;)

Chulk

Sorry guys I didn't join this race, but being completely honest I hated this track/car combination. Way too many blind jumps for a car with high speed and more than crappy handling. I couldn't find GTO limits in the few time I raced before ofuscating completely, and the best I did was 1:44.90 and even failed to save it because I accidentally must have pressed F5 twice when I started the lap. So I gave up, guys.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on September 15, 2008, 03:41:34 AM
Sorry guys I didn't join this race, but being completely honest I hated this track/car combination. Way too many blind jumps for a car with high speed and more than crappy handling. I couldn't find GTO limits in the few time I raced before ofuscating completely, and the best I did was 1:44.90 and even failed to save it because I accidentally must have pressed F5 twice when I started the lap. So I gave up, guys.

Well, at least now it seems Krys has a pretty good perspective about where the thresold for track difficulty is: #6 was rather close to the limit but still in the "good" side of the thin line, while my #7 arguably has gone a bit too far.

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on September 14, 2008, 07:50:10 PM
I (pleasently) have to congratulate with you too, because your time is really very, very strong. When I wrote my last comment, I had "only" a 1.34,75 and I had found very hard overtaking your 1.35,05. But just after 10 minutes I searched to lower again my time, founding the 1.33,60. I tried again for several attempts, but after every crash (obviously against the tunnel...) I re-drove in RH the race, obtaining a time not better than 1.33,20 - 1.33,30. And this convicted me that maybe I had a time strong enough to win...  ;) 

To me it seems the perfect-lap NoRH limit might be 1:30, but that is madness, not even worth discussing (or attepmting) :). I had slight hopes to eventually reach 1:32.xx or maybe even a high 1:31.xx, but that proved too hard as well...

And I'm also waiting to see your replay to analyze our races, section by section.  :)

Well, we're two then! One interesting point was that, regardless of who would win, I didn't expect such a small gap, for there are quite a few places where you could win or lose nearly a second by slight details. That probably means there were a lot of overtakings in our race... :) I only wonder who'll publish the analysis first  :D

Now, I wait the thanks from Krys having kept open (at least for the moment) the fight and the interest for the title...  :D ;)

Indeed, by winning the four remaining races the title is yours regardless of my results ;)