News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

FTT0107

Started by Krys TOFF, August 05, 2008, 11:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on September 16, 2008, 12:40:33 AM
To me it seems the perfect-lap NoRH limit might be 1:30, but that is madness, not even worth discussing (or attepmting) :). I had slight hopes to eventually reach 1:32.xx or maybe even a high 1:31.xx, but that proved too hard as well...

I totally agree with you Duplode. 1.30 was possible but it would have been like winning a lottery, nothing less. Instead a high 1.31 or a low 1.32 were sure more approachable, but too many variables had to concur at the result. In a trial after a crash against the "abominable" tunnel, I tried to re-drive the tract, exiting from the last elevated corner at 1.13.xx, almost 1.50 seconds better than my winning time. But I have not regrets about that attempt. I think that our times are really what we can define anyway great times considering all the difficult passages that demanded a lot of careful and a high dose of risk...  ;)

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on September 14, 2008, 07:50:10 PM
 And I'm also waiting to see your replay to analyze our races, section by section.  :)

Well, we're two then! One interesting point was that, regardless of who would win, I didn't expect such a small gap, for there are quite a few places where you could win or lose nearly a second by slight details. That probably means there were a lot of overtakings in our race... :) I only wonder who'll publish the analysis first  :D

Why do you often write the same thoughts I did?  :D  Effectively I think that there were a lot of surpasses between us. Even because in my race I made (due to what I aforesaid in the previous comment) several imprecisions. I can anticipate that my first part of race was not excellent, bad first curve, quite good blind jump, but at the first corkscrew I passed almost 1 second worse than my best passages. I think to made instead a very good corner around 35 seconds taking after a very high risk avoiding really for few "centimeters" the right side of the ramp that leads at the 2nd corkscrew. The trajectory was not good (totally on the left my landing on the fast chicane) but the speed was indeed quite high. In fact I jumped from the subsequent ramp at 52.xx seconds, one of my best passages, even if the bump on the bankroad didn't give me a very big help... Anyway I think to have drive quite well from that point until the finish, even if (again) I lost something jumping from the last hill (strong debbost of the speed due to an incorrect path). Finally, last ramps had not give me an useful final rebound to land with a high speed, losing so about 0.50 seconds...

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on September 14, 2008, 07:50:10 PM
Now, I wait the thanks from Krys having kept open (at least for the moment) the fight and the interest for the title...  :D ;)

Indeed, by winning the four remaining races the title is yours regardless of my results ;)

Winning all the last 4 races is not a reasonable target for me. Your shape is really, really great. Moreover we still have to drive with Countach and Corvette...  :-X   Sure, if I think that I just won a GTO race...  ::)  Anyway you know: you will have to put all your (big) mastery to snatch the title from my hands...  ;) :)

Chulk

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on September 16, 2008, 12:16:28 PM
...by winning the four remaining races the title is yours regardless of my results ;)
Winning all the last 4 races is not a reasonable target for me. ... we still have to drive with ... Corvette...
It's OK, Mark. You can be 2nd there and still beat Duplode  ;)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

I didn't forget (I really can't!) your wonderful skill, Chulk!!!!!!  :) :)
Just yesterday I re-watch my video-tribute about NORH race and I'm always fascinated ahead your marvelous performances, above all some passages in Caliber and Everglades....!  8)
But... your current shape (or maybe your mood or motivation) can't assure me about a your great performance in the next races... So I simply can't make counts of you, and I can have a unique target, that is win the races. Moreover, and most important thing, if I won't win all the races, obtaining anyway 2 points more than Duplode in every race, I'll pair Duplode in the number of points, but I'll lose the title because he will have a higher number of victories. So I really have to win all the races!  ::)

A thing is sure: if you'll realize great performance this will be a decisive element in the run for the title! If you'll win races, this will help (undirectly) Duplode. If you will arrive 2nd behind me, you will help (undirectly) me permitting me to rescue a higher number of points on Duplode. So.. really an exciting final!  8)

Duplode

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on September 17, 2008, 09:58:04 AM
Moreover, and most important thing, if I won't win all the races, obtaining anyway 2 points more than Duplode in every race, I'll pair Duplode in the number of points, but I'll lose the title because he will have a higher number of victories. So I really have to win all the races!  ::)

Hold on a sec... if Mark and me get 1-2 (in that order) in three of the following races and Chulk wins the remaining one with Mark 2nd and me 3rd, we'll have a perfect draw - five victories, five second places and one third place for both! :o I'm not sure what Krys would do then, but assuming he uses head-to-head record for draw resolution, Mark would indeed win the title (6-5 head-to-head).  ::)

Mark L. Rivers

Incredible... it would be... but improbable... ;)
Anyway Krys will find the right solution!

Btw... Krys..? 

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on September 17, 2008, 04:42:09 PM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on September 17, 2008, 09:58:04 AM
Moreover, and most important thing, if I won't win all the races, obtaining anyway 2 points more than Duplode in every race, I'll pair Duplode in the number of points, but I'll lose the title because he will have a higher number of victories. So I really have to win all the races!  ::)

Hold on a sec... if Mark and me get 1-2 (in that order) in three of the following races and Chulk wins the remaining one with Mark 2nd and me 3rd, we'll have a perfect draw - five victories, five second places and one third place for both! :o I'm not sure what Krys would do then, but assuming he uses head-to-head record for draw resolution, Mark would indeed win the title (6-5 head-to-head).  ::)

See! You can be 2nd with Corvette and still win! BTW, I guess sum of times in every track would be the best way to decide the winner.
About my shape: It's true I'm not in my best shape, but it's related to the lack of motivation I was having (Don' know exactly why did this happen) but in lasts few weeks, my will to race is starting to come back (I did quite good with Audi in USL and I have a quite nice replay I just sent for Corvette). So you can't really expect great performances from me, but an improvement bit by bit until I reach my best shape again.

Mark L. Rivers

Chulk

I think he's on holidays or something. FTT0108 is not out either, so that's probably the reason.

Duplode

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on September 19, 2008, 08:45:33 PM
Should we be worried about Krys....?   ???

For one, I'm starting to get... :-\

Chulk

I'm starting to get worried too, I expected his 'critics' to my crappy French in my name file... and he hadn't said anything! Not news either in Funny mini movies...

Mark L. Rivers

Usually Krys advices about his holidays. Moreover, when a FTT race was finished, he never missed to post after more than one day...  By now, we are at the 6th day after the race...
And if his PC was crashed, he anyway could post from the work, from a friend's PC, (or from an Internet cafè just not to make us worried)... I'm starting to think he has a serious problem...  :-\

Krys TOFF

I'm BACK !!! (finally)

Phew, huge web access problem from home since last 2 weeks. And way too busy at work to come and chat here a few.
I should have tried to come from my job anyway just to say hello but I didn't think that web access issue would be so long. Web is back since yesterday only.

Well, no race will be cancelled, it's just delayed by 2 weeks (so competition for 1st year will end in early 2009 then).

Apart from that, this web access issue made me unable to post my best time at FTT0107 track. Not that it would change a lot anyway, I was way too slow to be competitive.

I'll do website update in the evening, there's too much sun outside at the moment to stay long in front of the computer. ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Duplode

Yay, welcome back Mr. Toff...  :)

Duplode

I'll retribute Mark's generosity in explaining me how I lost #8 by showing how he won #7. Analysis in a few hours... ;)