News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

WSM 2008 live race results and tracks

Started by zaqrack, August 18, 2008, 11:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

The results and tracks are attached to this post.

If you'd like to test yourself on the tracks, here are the traditional WSM live race rules:
-you can prepare by watching the track overview
-you can only race a track five times including crashes
-no replay handling or replay stopping allowed
-the first two tries get no penalty
-at the third try add 1% of your time as penalty
-at the fourth try add 2%
-at the fifth try add 3%
-your best time (with penalty added) counts as your final time on each track

that's all. Every pipsqueak designed a track, everyone raced on each track. Average rankings decided the final rank.

The tracks in race order:

Berries, Lancia - by ZakMcKracken
Antibtch, Porsche 962 - by Akoss Poo
Slovakia, Audi - by Usrin
Melon, Indy - by Bonzai Joe
CTGCillu, Corvette, by CTG

Each track was won by Bonzai Joe.
Final results:
1. Bonzai Joe, Average rank: 1.0
2. Zak McKracken, Average rank: 2.8
3. CTG, Average rank: 3.0
4. Akoss Poo, Average rank: 3.4
5. Usrin, Average rank: 4.8

zaqrack

Duplode

Well, I'll give it a try! Let's see how bad I will perform on a live setting (my hotlap concentration tends to be not very reliable). Which one should I pick first... let's say the Audi one.

Edit: Results on Slovakia:
Lap 1: 1:12.20
Lap 2: 1:14.30 with a nice spin on the ice corner... :D
Lap 3: 1:11.75, corrected to 1:12.47
Lap 4: 1:12.05, non-relevant
Lap 5: 1:11.80, ...

I haven't checked the results of you guys. First, I will have a shot on the Indy track as well...

Edit 2: Results on Melon:
Lap 1: 55.20, scared recognizement lap
Lap 2: crashed at the cork l/r
Lap 3: 53.65, corrected to 54.19. Had an off-track excursion at the left corner before the loop.
Lap 4: overdrove and crashed at the final tunnel. Lap was not good enough anyway.
Lap 5: tried a risky flight off the loop and crashed at the following tunnel.

Now let me check how you've done...

Edit 3: I would slot in 5th on Slovakia (fractions ahead of Usrin) and in 4th on Melon (again just a few tenths ahead of CTG). Not that very bad, it seems... :)

JTK

Quote from: zaqrack on August 18, 2008, 11:16:45 PM
Each track was won by Bonzai Joe.
Final results:
1. Bonzai Joe, Average rank: 1.0
2. Zak McKracken, Average rank: 2.8
Very, very well, Zak!
(Apart from BJ, who always races like I-don't-know-what, you are the champion! Becoming 2nd under BJ means standing on top!)
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

CTG

I have to mention that my rankings also contain beer effects - average 3.0 was very close to Zak and I also had some unlucky results...  ;D

zaqrack

like me with my 5th place on one of the tracks. :)

Chulk

I'll try those 5 tracks and see how good I am, at least I can join this way, if not in a WSM...

Edit:
Alphabetical racing

Antibtch:
Lap 1: 1:06.60
Lap 2: Crashed
Lap 3: 1:04.50 Corrected to 1:06.054
Lap 4: 1:05:90 (Risked too much)
Lap 5: 1:01.30 Corrected to 1:03.139

Tied with Usrin in 4th place.

Berries:
Lap 1: Crashed
Lap 2: 56.45
Lap 3: 56.75 (Stupid mistake in last corner)
Lap 4: 56.55 Correction not important
Lap 5: 54.15 Corrected to 55.7745

4th, beating Akoss and Usrin

CTGCillu:
Lap 1: 1:18.00 + 12.00: 1:30.00
Lap 2: 1:15.70 + 09.00: 1:24.70
Lap 3: 1:13.00 corrected to 1:13.73
Lap 4: 1:09.95 corrected to 1:11.349
Lap 5: 1:04.00 corrected to 1:05.92 (Cut from 1st part of the Cork to the end of 2nd Cork)

1st, thanks to that shortcut, if it's valid. If not, then 3rd behind BJ and CTG.

Melon:
Lap 1: 55.00
Lap 2: 52.10
Lap 3: Crashed
Lap 4: 52.05 corrected to 53.091
Lap 5: 52.15 corrected to 53.7145

2nd, after BJ.

Slovakia:
Lap 1: 1:09.35
Lap 2: 1:07.10
Lap 3: 1:05.05 corrected to 1:05.7005
Lap 4: Crashed
Lap 5: 1:07.30 correction is irrelevant

1st again, lucky rebound after air-cornering right.

So, I had 3 great races and 2 not so good races.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

I'll test them this week-end, no time now. But it's not the same without other guys around you shouting when you do well and laughing when you do wrong, especially Akoss and JTK. ;)

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 21, 2008, 08:38:21 PM
I'll test them this week-end, no time now. But it's not the same without other guys around you shouting when you do well and laughing when you do wrong, especially Akoss and JTK. ;)

You are absolutely right. ;D

Other disadvantages:

- drinking beer
- having unknown keyboard (I couldn't use manual gears at this mini-WSM... big advantage for Zak)
- all the others were doped with chili beans ;D

BonzaiJoe

Very nice results, Chulk! You are a real live pipsqueak... I would like to race with you "face to face" someday. Remember that although there are some disadvantages at the WSM, there is also a considerable advantage: you get to see the others race, see their ideas and how well they do with the tricks they attempt.
But we can't be quite sure.

Chulk

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 21, 2008, 08:53:06 PM
Very nice results, Chulk! You are a real live pipsqueak... I would like to race with you "face to face" someday. Remember that although there are some disadvantages at the WSM, there is also a considerable advantage: you get to see the others race, see their ideas and how well they do with the tricks they attempt.
Thanks BJ! About seeing each others attempts, how do you decide racing order? Because last one on track is very advantaged compared to first on track.

Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 21, 2008, 08:38:21 PM
That's true. I would probably laugh so badly with every joke that I would crash even in a straight part.

BonzaiJoe

We make sure everyone gets every position in the racing order, and besides we alternate after each race, so everyone has his first attempt, then we go on to the second, and so on. More exciting than one person driving 5 times, then the next...
But we can't be quite sure.

Chulk

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 21, 2008, 10:43:16 PM
We make sure everyone gets every position in the racing order, and besides we alternate after each race, so everyone has his first attempt, then we go on to the second, and so on. More exciting than one person driving 5 times, then the next...
OK, I see. That was quite obvious, now that you say it.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Well, it turned out that being totally out of training (I haven't touched Stunts icon on my computer in 2008 before the meeting) made a big effect on my performance. I was totally out of form this year, and the results between 2005 live wsm tracks and this year tells the whole story. I was battling sometimes even BJ earlier, this time I sucked against Zak and CTG...

But on WSM my computer problems became fixed. I started training when I was in hospital, and when I built the "Rhapsody" no RH track for the P962, I really started to feel Stunts racing in my blood. I was chasing my Indy time on this great track... and I became trained again. It's a pity that this year I can't make revenge on Zak and CTG racing live this year... But I can enter the competitions again.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on August 26, 2008, 11:17:35 AM
It's a pity that this year I can't make revenge on Zak and CTG racing live this year...

And you never will... :P