News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Which is your personal best replay ever?

Started by Mark L. Rivers, September 11, 2008, 10:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

I mean the replay you consider the best you have realized ever, the replay that made (and make) you satisfied as no other ones, the replay that you would seeagain one thousand times being really proud about it...

Please, describe your race (difficult passages, strategy, feelings and emotions), and publish it attaching the .RPL file at your post!

CTG

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on September 11, 2008, 10:25:09 AM

I mean the replay you consider the best you have realized ever, the replay that made (and make) you satisfied as no other ones, the replay that you would seeagain one thousand times being really proud about it...

Please, describe your race (difficult passages, strategy, feelings and emotions), and publish it attaching the .RPL file at your post!

Why do I feel that somebody is planning a big tribute video?

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

This one.  :D I don't have much time on the Net now, race description to follow next time (probably tomorrow). Replay: winning replay of Kalpen 2003 CTK2003C track (35.20).
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: CTG on September 11, 2008, 11:58:10 AM
Why do I feel that somebody is planning a big tribute video?

Sincerly I had not thought about a video... but it's not a bad idea... If I'll have enough time I'll thought about it.
But, as I think Akoss has understood perfectly, I'm really interesting to "feel" the passion of everyone of us while narrate their own race seen through their eyes and their vivid memories...

AbuRaf70

Sin ninguna duda, mi mejor replay es el que realicé con el Indy y gané en Geometry, una pista de Mark...  no me voy a olvidar de ello...
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Akoss Poo on September 11, 2008, 12:08:18 PM
This one.  :D I don't have much time on the Net now, race description to follow next time (probably tomorrow). Replay: winning replay of Kalpen 2003 CTK2003C track (35.20).

Sure an amazing replay, above all the landing on the bank-road after the totally blind jump from the hill, a jump approached with a slide that absolutely has not been unplanned! Waiting for your description...  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: AbuRaf70 on September 12, 2008, 12:33:58 AM
Sin ninguna duda, mi mejor replay es el que realicé con el Indy y gané en Geometry, una pista de Mark...  no me voy a olvidar de ello...

Really a great race...  :)  You can see attached the replay...  ;)
AbuRaf70, seria verdaderamente agradable si tu quieres describir aqui tu raza (dificultad, estrategias y emocion)!  :)

Krys TOFF

I remember the feeling of my Z21 race. I had joined a few races agoo the Stunts community and so was in amateur category (there was dual league in 2003). I won the amateur race there after a hard fight with CTG (also in amateur at this moment). Nothing so special there, it was common at this time when I raced much much more time per month than I do now.

What remains in my mind is that Alain or Argammon, who were both my teammates in Orion team at this moment, were impressed by the bug jump and the following shortcut to the right up to the finish line. I also remind that Mingva (also my teammate then and also in amateur league) was unable to perform this trick while I did it very early in the month.

Overall I was only 5th in this race, with BJ, Alan Rotoi, Akoss Poo and Argammon faster than me in the end, but Alain 'il professore', my teammate and future 2003 ZakStunts champion, was behind me.
I also got a lot of leading time (in amateur league) in this race, due to this trick.

This was the time (late 2002-1st half of 2003) when I raced very hard each race and did the most RH optimization. This replay seems to me like the representation of this period.

During 2003 I progressively got tired of full RH optimization and decided to reduce my racing time for Stunts. this is also why I decided to leave Orion, where Alain and Mingva always wanted to reach some specific goals race after race. This is how Alain won the championship, but I didn't want to do the same. Alain finally left the community, tired of full RH racing, like Alan Rotoi or Gutix did too. If I stay here with you, this is because I decided not to get tired of Stunts because of too hard racing.

Sometimes I race hard, when I have time + motivation + good feeling in the track/car combination. But most of the race, I race only for the fun of it.
When I raced Z21, I still had fun with Stunts full RH racing, but during 2003 this fun decreased. Now, I don't think fun to do lots of RH and I tend to race more and more noRH. I stopped comparing section times long time ago. I re-do some parts when I do big mistakes but don't try to catch every centisecond on every corner now like I did it in late 2002-early 2003. I still had some good results after mid-2003, but my Z21 replay stays in my mind as my really most full RH replay.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

So, Kalpen competition 2003. It was a special one (the winner's award was the original pack of the Stunts game), everybody was waiting for it very much. The Kalpens (KHR, JTK) called back some very old drivers like Fdzierva to race, so the new generation pipsqueaks had to fight against them, too. The first track was a remake of an old track, when Alain saw it, he wrote some very serious words coming from his heart, praising the track and the oncoming race on it. It was a very busy race, very much pipsqueaks, suddenly changing lead, very much top replays. Bonzai Joe won the race ahead of Alain il Professore, I was third, Argammon fourth (or fifth?). It seemed to be the best and hardest competition ever. But it didn't followed that way. JTK designed a very annoying and bad track, the Windmills, which kept the most drivers away from racing. I won that race ahead of Tsino and Zak, but just because Bonzai Joe forgot to send in his replay (which would have been the winner one). The last track, CTK 2003 C was only remaining, the track on which my best replay ever created, I won this one, and I won the title with it. Second place driver was Alain il Professore, well of the pace: more than a second behind me on such a short track. It was a power gear Indy track which had 1 or 2 harder element. The hardest part was to cut a corner combination with keeping good direction to get arrived at a banked road, while I also had to turn into power gear on the hill there. Bonzai Joe had said that when he saw the track, he guessed 35.20 as winning time. Then he drove 35.30 (but again, he forgot to send this, that would have meant the 2nd place for him). I was proud of beating Alain and having a better time even than BJ's unsent rpl, of becoming champion, and of creating that nice powergear shortcut in the hilly corner combination.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Yep, that was one fast replay, Akoss! And good Stunts days... Winning the first one was a great experience for me because it was one of my favourite tracks ever since I first played it in June 2001, and CAP's winning replay was one of my favourite replays. Beating him by 1.5 seconds showed me how strong we had all become in the space of 2001-2003. It was a huge development of Stunts quality. And I was on the top of the list. Then you went to the top of the list and won the competition, Akoss... Well done.
But we can't be quite sure.

Ayrton

I dont remember all, but of the last ones maybe "default". I enjoyed a lot that race, great replays and fights ...

AbuRaf70

No me voy a olvidar fácilmente de Geometry, ya que gané la carrera y saqué el máximo puntaje que otorgaba Mark, porque estaba dividida en tres partes y daba puntos en cada una de ellas... y salí primero en las tres...  además, me agradaron mucho los comentarios que hizo Mark por mi actuación... pero, no sería justo decir que la gané yo solo....

Tengo que hacer como hacen los pilotos de Fórmula Uno, que cuando ganan agradecen a todo el equipo, y yo tengo que hacer lo mismo...

Desde mis comienzos en estas competencias de Stunts, allá por julio de 2004, en las carreras que organizaba El Portador de Luz (Alan Rotoi) estoy recibiendo las enseñanzas para aprender todos los trucos...  primero lo hizo él, Alan Rotoi y luego me incluyó en su Equipo: MeganiuM Aces Higth...  al estar en el equipo, recibí replays y enseñanzas de nada menos que de Gutix, Ayrton y Chulk y que aún hoy sigo recibiendo...  todo un privilegio que pocos pueden acceder, por eso, a todos ellos les estoy muy agradecido... 
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Mark L. Rivers

Well, here it is my personal best ever: CTRACK-A Kalpen 2007!

Every time I watch it, I think that I couldn't realize a better replay on that track, neither I would try for several months... (<Modest mode OFF> Sometimes I think that neither Ayrton would succeed to do better, even if maybe he will want to controvert me in the future... ;)).
I came from a very good stripe in Kalpen 2006: 2nd in CTRACK-C (only few centiseconds  behind Mislav), 2nd in CTRACK-D behind a very engaged (at least I think) BJ, and 1st in CTRACK-E (my first victory in a official race without IRC rules!) just ahead BJ and a long list of strong drivers. Just a pity for the first two races where I paid a lot for poor experience... So I started the new season (2007) with great motivation! Even if in that first race there was not the same high level of opponents, I gave my absolute best to reach a "perfect" replay and I think I did something similar.
I set my first seconds of race to find the highest speed and the right angle to approach the first couple of ramp so to make the desired slide in Powergear in order to approach the hairpin at 245 mph availing the cage that delimits the end of the terrain. And really I think that the result (after a lot of trials) was really great! 8)  Then I succeeded to keep the powergear in the tract corkscrew – loop – corkscrew - barrier – tunnel just to deboost my speed so to insert my Indy in the dirt large curve that leads at the long uphill. Keeping a good speed in that dirt curve, I succeeded to reach another Powegear that I'll keep until the finish, a thing not so very easy in order to the particular conformation of the last part of the track. Really many trials to find the unique path that could permit me to make a long continuous slide (about 5 seconds) without penalty through 2 downhills, 1 uphill, obstacles and water. And finally, the last part. Avoiding the water for few "centimeters", I had to turn my car so to climb the last uphill and inserting my Indy in the last final straight without crashing onto the tunnel and, above all, without take an easy penalty due also to an ice tract. And dosing the gas form the last part of the slide until the tunnel, I succeeded to reach with a full powergear the finish! Really a great satisfaction for me!
Really a pity that win (and the subsequent victory in CTRACK-B) has not lead me (at least for the moment) to the 2007 title, not being raced the final track(s)... But maybe in the future JTK will want to give the possibility to inscribe me in the hall of fame of the winners of a yearly Kalpen contest... ;)

CTG

I would like to see the video(s) mixed from these replays.

alanrotoi