News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

International Stunts Master 2009

Started by Mark L. Rivers, September 16, 2008, 05:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Today's semi-serious test lap: 1:32.05. Very "SDRish" track - it means (for me) good with IMSA and very bad with Indy. And since the Q-round is with Indy, I'm not sure if I can qualify or not... :(

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on December 15, 2008, 10:56:12 PM
Today's semi-serious test lap: 1:32.05. Very "SDRish" track - it means (for me) good with IMSA and very bad with Indy. And since the Q-round is with Indy, I'm not sure if I can qualify or not... :(
Yeah, right...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Chulk on December 16, 2008, 12:19:53 AM
Quote from: CTG on December 15, 2008, 10:56:12 PM
Yeah, right...

Both you should keep in count that:

7 drivers means only 2 excluded
8 drivers means only 2 excluded
9 drivers means only 2 excluded
10 drivers means only 2 excluded

More drivers than 10 means 3 or more drivers excluded, but it also means that in classification there would be drivers that usually are behind you, independently from the track or the car... Or not?

About me, I had thought that my time wasn't the first, but 5 seconds behind BJ and Zak... well, maybe it's not my track too...  But I'm happy about it: I wanted this Qualify was as neutral as possible in order of the characteristics of the single drivers, a sort of ideal round where top drivers couldn't feel to be so advantaged and newbies not so disadvantaged. And I think we are not so far about this.

CTG

BJ's leading time was really hard to catch... :-\ (1:26.75) Still not sure about the qualification.

Chulk

I'll try again sometime this week, after I (try to) improve my time in FTT0111
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: CTG on December 16, 2008, 04:57:31 PM
BJ's leading time was really hard to catch... :-\ (1:26.75) Still not sure about the qualification.

So you think everyone except 1 will do better than 1.26.75? Then I should start worrying about qualification too  :D
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Btw I don't like the system. Some of the "slower" pipsqueaks full with enthusiasm will probably fall (Krys, AbuRaf) - competition won't be the same without them.

That's why I liked IMSA Cup: your qualification result decided only the "pot" for the group stage. Hmmm... maybe the next special Unskilled event will be like that (instead of USL). ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: CTG on December 18, 2008, 10:31:34 AM
Btw I don't like the system. Some of the "slower" pipsqueaks full with enthusiasm will probably fall (Krys, AbuRaf) - competition won't be the same without them.

That's why I liked IMSA Cup: your qualification result decided only the "pot" for the group stage. Hmmm... maybe the next special Unskilled event will be like that (instead of USL). ;)

I respect your thought and your individualities. But it should be kept on mind the root and the target of ISM.

Since its creation ISM has a declared main goal, well described (not by myself) in the Wiki: "conceived as a sort of "World Cup" for Stunts, it pitches selected top r""acers in a variety of tracks and cars on a short contest".

ISM wants to host races with a high concentration of quality, as we can find in the Tennis Master, creating a context and an atmosphere suitable to arouse sane challenge and top results, that mean great show and important sap for our world.
And this is what happened in the past editions. Selection has been in the past through Stunts World Ranking, and this year by a Qualify session. So drivers who wants to take part in ISM are usually drivers strong and motivated, and the process of selection can only contribute to increase this features.

SDR has always offered in the past events open to all drivers (early RH and NORH contests and Stunts Olympic Games) and so it will continue in the future with new kind of events. But ISM is, and will be, a contest conceived and reserved to the strong and motivated Stunts drivers. This means that always there will be a selection process that, unavoidably, implicates some exclusions, as it happens in almost all real sport events.

Krys TOFF

I didn't gave up, I simply did a run with a few RH and sent it, thinking that no such fast replays would be sent at 1st week. Now I know I was damn wrong. ;D
I won't send any replay for 2nd checkpoint, I don't think I can beat Jacky's time and get a bonus at 2nd checkpoint so I'll keep my best lap for the final checkpoint and will keep fingers crossed.
Anyway, I'm still not sure to be qualified... Maybe I should ask my children to race, just to get some listfiller replay and be qualified. :P :D

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 18, 2008, 12:14:38 PM
Maybe I should ask my children to race, just to get some listfiller replay and be qualified. :P :D

The absolute best strategy!  :D :D :D
Maybe next edition I'll insert some other feature in the selection process...  ;)

CTG

Is it totally unfair if I send a listfiller just to make Krys qualified? ;)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on December 18, 2008, 02:23:19 PM
Your choice, but then you won't be qualified... ::)

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 18, 2008, 03:26:41 PM
Quote from: CTG on December 18, 2008, 02:23:19 PM
Your choice, but then you won't be qualified... ::)

Yeah, it's right! ;D

On the other hand I will be away for two weeks during the tournament and also having quite busy weeks with work after that. So it wouldn't be my best shape ever - sorry, I won't race this time. Maybe in 2010... ;)

Mark L. Rivers

As I said before, ISM is for strong and motivated drivers. Evidently one of these two characteristics doesn't belong to you... So, it's right you won't be between the participants.  ;)

CTG

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 18, 2008, 03:54:25 PM

As I said before, ISM is for strong and motivated drivers. Evidently one of these two characteristics doesn't belong to you...

Both, I'm quite demotivated and could never keep up with Leo Ramone... ;D

Nah, seriously: lack of free time would cause a very disappointing performance from me. I can't afford it on such a strong grid...