News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

FTT0108

Started by Mark L. Rivers, September 29, 2008, 04:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on October 15, 2008, 11:49:31 PM
Quote from: Chulklistening to "El camino del exceso", by Heroes del silencio.
One of the best Spanish band I've ever heard. I saw them twice on tour in the 90's in Paris. :)
You just said that to make me jealous, right?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on October 16, 2008, 02:27:33 AM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on October 15, 2008, 11:49:31 PM
Quote from: Chulklistening to "El camino del exceso", by Heroes del silencio.
One of the best Spanish band I've ever heard. I saw them twice on tour in the 90's in Paris. :)
You just said that to make me jealous, right?
:P Yep. ;D

CTG

No loopcut, automatic gears, unlucky last 10 seconds: 1:13.25, my final time. Tomorrow/on Saturday I'm going to reinstall my XP ---> no more shots from me.

Mark L. Rivers

I can't hide more... I have to go and I'll return at home only after few hours... Really a thrill for me...  :)

Chulk

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on October 19, 2008, 05:31:40 PM

I can't hide more... I have to go and I'll return at home only after few hours... Really a thrill for me...  :)
Uhhhh! About an hour to go... Lets see if I can improve a bit more...

Duplode

Ouch, I was busted!  :-X I only got to do my shots yesterday very late in the night - while waiting for the GP to start, and by then I (foolishly? arrogantly?) underestimated the importance of the loopcut, thus preferring to spend my time and energy improving on the other sections of the track. Several minutes later, when I realized a decent cut would save me at least 2 seconds, it was way too late for me to find a reliable way to pull it off... Anyway, congratulations to Mark (OMG, the gap is halved!! :o) and Chulk - analysis of this one will be very interesting  ;)

Krys TOFF

Website updated, congrats Mark. Only 4 points between Duplode (still leader) and Mark. The finish of this championship will be hard.
As for the loopcut, well, I did it but it was really not enough, you guys were damn fast ! :o

Mark L. Rivers

Thanks Duplode for your congratulations!  :)  And congratulations also to Chulk for his very strong time!   :)
I had hoped to rescue more than 2 points in this race, but it was a remote hope...  Anyway the things have not changed a lot... I still have to arrive ahead Duplode in next 3 races, even if I'm not obliged to win all races...    ;)
And now I'm waiting that Krys introduce a bonus point having kept alive the fight and the interest for the season one more time...  :D

Just an anticipation about my replay: I never made a lap trying to cut the loop...  ;)

Chulk

Thanks for the congrats. I'm a bit sad to see I could have won if it hadn't been for 2 stupid mistakes... I had a 1:08.10  last night but I missed to hit F5 so it wasn't saved, and 2 or 3 laps later, I had a potential 1:07.XX but hit the last tunnel when trying to skid and avoid penalty time (I only hit it the first few tries besides that one...) Anyway, nice result for me, especially considering how the season went for me, and now, I hope to win with Corvette, or at least to have a nice time again.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on October 19, 2008, 11:47:02 PM
And now I'm waiting that Krys introduce a bonus point having kept alive the fight and the interest for the season one more time...  :D
Well, I'm not the FIA. :P I won't give penalities to others (to give you a bonus) to try to keep the championship interesting like FIA did more than often in this season (like the unjustified penalty to Bourdais in Japan to give 1 more point to Massa, or the penalty to Hamilton at Spa).

Mark L. Rivers

Even if reading your post it wouldn't seem you got I was kidding, I know you have sure understood that I was...  ;)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on October 20, 2008, 04:48:22 PM

Even if reading your post it wouldn't seem you got I was kidding, I know you have sure understood that I was...  ;)

Don't worry, I understood that it was a joke. ;)

Krys TOFF

One info now that this race is finished : FTT0108 was inspired by the real track Kyalami (South Africa).

Krys TOFF

Website updated with the replays in download section.
It seems I'm the only one who cut the loop to the left while Chulk was the only one cutting the loop on the inside.
I'm curious to see the analysis, Mark seems slow from the loop to the jump before the cut along the tunnel.

Duplode

Let me guess: Chulk must have saved 2 - 2.5 seconds with the loopcut, but Mark surpassed that with a near-perfect line from the initial hill to the short pipe section, maybe helped by exceptionally high speed through the elevated corner. As I did none of these things, I lost... :D