News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

new cars for 2009

Started by zaqrack, October 08, 2008, 02:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on October 11, 2008, 08:34:07 AM
Do the Citroen AX and you have a sure way to the 2009 season fame :)

This one reminds me on the my second favorite game: bribe the local authority... ;D

CTG

Duplode

Since this topic has links to all those blueprints, I'll explain here the trick I am using to grab coordinates for the Skyline. There is an extremely useful program called Engauge Digitizer which allows one to extract coordinates from 2D graphs and images. All I had to do was to import the blueprint on the program and define three reference (axis) points according to the desired dimensions of the car (I picked the in-game ZR1 z-coordinates and calculated the adequate in-game dimensions from the Skyline height/length and width/length ratios). After the reference points are set, the program will tell the coordinates of any point of the screen as you hover the mouse above them. Just repeat the procedure for each of the views of the car, enter the grabbed coordinates on your 3D editor of choice and that's it - lazy modeling never made so convenient...  :D BTW, Engauge is natively available for both Windows and Linux.

CTG

Useful trick but I'm staying at Stressed edition. Simple reason: I enjoy it... :)

dstien

Duplode

Quote from: dstien on October 21, 2008, 02:25:06 AM
Duplode, have you tried loading the blueprints into Anim8or?

No, I didn't! :o Although I'm not sure if I would prefer this method to model the general shape of the car (as one would have to cope with the three dimensions at once and then correct coordinates to integers anywyay), it seems to be quite helpful for reproducing smaller details in front and rear wiews. I'll keep note of it  ;)

CTG

I wonder if JTK would join a race with this car or not...  ;) ;D

zaqrack

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on October 27, 2008, 01:09:51 PM
Nice one. :)

Duplode

JTK

Quote from: CTG on October 27, 2008, 01:09:51 PM

Whoooaaa - I want this car! Immediately!
It may not be faster than 100 km/h and may take up to 10 seconds to reach 80 km/h!
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

JTK

Please build this car and give it to me, pleeeeease!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

CTG

Quote from: JTK on October 31, 2008, 12:59:18 PM
Please build this car and give it to me, pleeeeease!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bodywork OBJ file is done but CarBlaster is not my cup of tea. Maybe Duplode can help... ;)

Duplode

I can, at some point in the (relatively) near future. Do you plan to have it as slow as it should for the sake of originality? If so, finding some specs would be useful.

JTK

Yes, it should be original (must be great fun to jump into a house instead of over...  ;D

Attachment #1: Design of the T3 (unfortunatly I found none with the high roof mine has)
Attachment #2: technical specs (please use the 51 kW bus)
Attachment #3: technical specs in English (please use the 70 bhp Turbo-Diesel)

:) :) :)