News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

new cars for 2009

Started by zaqrack, October 08, 2008, 02:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTK

And here' the cockpit:

pic #1: instruments
pic #2: steering wheel
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Duplode

The specs on those sheets should be enough for building a good *.RES - with power output and max torque and their locations in rpm a reasonable torque curve shouldn't be too hard to guess after having a look at the profile of a similar van (even if it's not exactly the same). I promise I won't take too long to look into it, even if it will probably not be before Zak's contest. Just a question: which gearbox should I choose?

And BTW, those pics of the dashboard are really clean shots. With some luck even a direct conversion might be feasible  ;)

JTK

5-gears gear box is best!  :) I'm so looking forward!!!

dstien

Quote from: CTG on October 27, 2008, 01:09:51 PM
I wonder if JTK would join a race with this car or not...  ;) ;D
Did your car models survive your massive computer crash? Will you finish one of them in time for the deadline?

CTG

Quote from: dstien on November 26, 2008, 09:13:31 AM
Did your car models survive your massive computer crash?

Yes. (Like my FTT09 replay but sssssssssssssssh... ;))

Quote from: dstien on November 26, 2008, 09:13:31 AM
Will you finish one of them in time for the deadline?

No. I made those models just for fun, independently from the car designing contest. On the other hand polygons are in mess in all my OBJ files (looking ugly in Stunts), so I lost enthusiasm and did not correct them with the new experiences of you and Duplode written in the correspondent topic. I can make those imperfect OBJ files available and then feel free to improve them - I won't.

JTK

And did you start with the Volkswagen T3 yet?  :)

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on November 26, 2008, 09:57:32 AM
No. I made those models just for fun, independently from the car designing contest. On the other hand polygons are in mess in all my OBJ files (looking ugly in Stunts), so I lost enthusiasm and did not correct them with the new experiences of you and Duplode written in the correspondent topic. I can make those imperfect OBJ files available and then feel free to improve them - I won't.

Are they looking disproportional, glitchy or something else? We really should have a look at them, those problems may well be easier to solve than it seems (your models looked pretty good on your screenshots...)

Quote from: JTK on November 28, 2008, 02:55:57 PM
And did you start with the Volkswagen T3 yet?  :)

Sorry, not yet - and I can't really give secure predictions on it. It would be nice, and quicker, if this could be developed as a collaboration between two or more of us, though... ;) And BTW, regardless of any glitches, using CTG's model as base would hasten things a lot with the 3D part.

---

As for the Skyline, my contest entry: it is essentially finished - I will just review it for any "bugs", test the specs and write a read-me. Hopefully I will be able to send it before midnight... :) BTW Zak, did any other submissions arrive already?

zaqrack

not yet. but of course if you're late a little and tell it before, it is no problem at all...

Mark L. Rivers

Here it is my car for Zak's contest car, of course Speegate XSD (2009 Restyling).  :)
No modifies to the technical features, only a body restyling. Old body (original shape from Porsche 962) has been substituted by a new body that you can see in the attached images.  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Duplode

I already installed it, and the result is gorgeous - it really looks as fast as it is now! 8) I'd only suggest you to include the .RES on the zip, even if it was left unchanged, in case some newbie decides to get the car form this thread.

Quote from: zaqrack on November 30, 2008, 07:55:44 PM
not yet. but of course if you're late a little and tell it before, it is no problem at all...

Maybe I won't be able to finish it in 45 minutes indeed... in that case, I'll submit it in the following few hours, even if slightly late (must be within this night or else I won't be able to work on it again until about Thursday). Thanks for the patience... ;)

CTG

I hope Rotoi will re-design Melange XGT-88. ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on November 30, 2008, 11:20:00 PM
I already installed it, and the result is gorgeous - it really looks as fast as it is now! 8) I'd only suggest you to include the .RES on the zip, even if it was left unchanged, in case some newbie decides to get the car form this thread.

Thanks!  :)
And, of course, I've just added the .RES on the zip as you suggested me.  ;)

Duplode

Well, I had to finish it eventually - so here you have the Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R in all of its might. Performance wise, I'd say (quoting the read-me) the final product is a Stunts car occupying a niche close to Acura NSX and Corvette ZR1 - as the real car probably would - but without powergear. Additionally, some measures were taken to make the handling more enjoyable than that of its direct competitors without making it needlessly easy. As for looks, well, I could provide screenshots, but I prefer you to get your first impressions directly... ;)

dstien

Great work, both of you! Cruising around DEFAULT.TRK hasn't been this interesting in decades. ;)