News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Lada VAZ 2105

Started by CTG, October 15, 2008, 04:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Here is the current situation: bodywork is done, color set will be changed. I still see some minor display errors in the game and it also has some wheels disorder. Dashboard edition is coming soon and the last step will be CarBlaster... ;)

zaqrack

may I recommend to update at least thew car specs to the Lada VFTS? Then it would fit well with the Audi-Lancia-Carrera cars.

original specifications: (many modified VFTS Lada exist) http://www.groupbrally.com/lada.shtml
Hungarian article: http://totalcar.hu/magazin/hifituning/vfts!1

anyway, very nice work!

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on October 15, 2008, 09:11:57 AM
may I recommend to update at least thew car specs to the Lada VFTS? Then it would fit well with the Audi-Lancia-Carrera cars.

I'm going to modify it to a mediorce speed car (top speed at about 170 mph, hopefully without the Audi/Lancia fast driving bug), but the color of the linked rally car is not really my favorite - it reminds me on the old McLaren Honda design... :D

zaqrack

color is your choice. just the performance would be great if it would be close to realistic. As you can see a tuned Lada VFTS Turbo can easily have 240hp and around the same max speed in km/h. That would be nice :)

CTG

The Stressed view is promising, I miss only the 3D bumpers. According to the game pics bodywork is a bit too long and the rear lamps are overlapping with other elements. The side view is rather similar to a Mercedes of the late 70's/early 80's. Still a nice one. When will you finish the car?

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on October 15, 2008, 04:36:24 AM
Here is the current situation: bodywork is done, color set will be changed. I still see some minor display errors in the game and it also has some wheels disorder. Dashboard edition is coming soon and the last step will be CarBlaster... ;)

Really nice work, CTG! I need to deal with some of those "display errors" on the Skyline too, which in my case amount to lamps and details which do not show from all angles and such stuff (both of us will probably need to understand better the flags and unknowns of the 3D shape).

Quote from: CTG on October 15, 2008, 04:17:23 PM
The Stressed view is promising, I miss only the 3D bumpers. According to the game pics bodywork is a bit too long and the rear lamps are overlapping with other elements.

That is a curious point: the shape always looks shorter/taller than it actually is when editing on Stressed or Anim8or, so CTG probably should overcompensate the height a bit. That left me quite puzzled while working on the Skyline (using near-exact coordinates grabbed from those 2D models), as the car looked way more boxy than it should on Stressed, but in game it looks almost perfect.

Quote from: CTG on October 15, 2008, 01:35:56 PMI'm going to modify it to a mediorce speed car (top speed at about 170 mph, hopefully without the Audi/Lancia fast driving bug)

You'll probably need a low-revving engine then (along the lines of Carrera or LM002), as the fast driving bug seems to arise when aerodynamic drag gets temporarily turned off while the car is mid-air, thus allowing it to reach higher revs/speed than supposed at the top gear. With a lower rpm range (which probably makes sense for your car anyway) the effect will be less pronounced. And I'll be glad to help should you need any tips while dealing with CarBlaster  :)

dstien

Quote from: CTG on October 15, 2008, 04:36:24 AM
Wow, amazing work, CTG! Did you do all that by hand in stressed? Regarding the wheels, they have to be the first primitives in the list (see the stock cars for reference). For some details, like lights and multicolored surfaces check the Z-bias flag to solve potential z-figthing. Can't wait to see a new dashboard, but I hope you'll hold back the final release untill we have resolved the last unknowns in the shape format.

Quote from: Duplode on October 15, 2008, 05:17:10 PM
Quote from: CTG on October 15, 2008, 04:17:23 PM
The Stressed view is promising, I miss only the 3D bumpers. According to the game pics bodywork is a bit too long and the rear lamps are overlapping with other elements.

That is a curious point: the shape always looks shorter/taller than it actually is when editing on Stressed or Anim8or, so CTG probably should overcompensate the height a bit. That left me quite puzzled while working on the Skyline (using near-exact coordinates grabbed from those 2D models), as the car looked way more boxy than it should on Stressed, but in game it looks almost perfect.
This is illustrated even better when using taller shapes, such as the truck. We could workaround the issue in stressed by changing the 3d viewport aspect ratio. Modifying vertices on the fly would probably be harmful due to Stunts' limitied coordinate resolution, I don't think we can do anything about it in external editors.

CTG

Another car to finish, somebody should help in editing the performance.