News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

FTT0109

Started by Krys TOFF, October 19, 2008, 04:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

I did some tests, and for weird reason I don't understand. Obviously, it seems there's an issue with the dates.
On time sumission form, time is displayed properly, but when I check the timestamps of deadline time (19H00 the 9th of November) and the one of the current time from the servor, there's a weird thing : timestamp of now is 6 days after deadline !!! :o ???
How can this be ?
If the servor's time has been increased by 6 days, then today's date and time would not be properly displayed on time submission form. But if servor's time is correct, why in Hell the time checking (to compare current timestamp with deadline's timestamp) is wrong ?!
Zak, any idea maybe ?

Duplode

Oh Krys, I'm sorry - I have just screwed up the scoreboard a bit by posting a blank time just to see what would happen... (I thought either the submission would fail or I would see the deadline bug) Anyway, isn't it odd that my input actually was registered despite the issues CTG is having? ???

Edit: it seems the system (or you?) purged the blank entry - but the strangeness still holds...

Krys TOFF

It seems I found the issue : I wrote
mktime(19,0,0,11,09,2008)
and when I write
mktime(19,0,0,11,9,2008)
the issue seems to disappear. :)

But, I still don't understand why the issue happened suddenly and why writing 09 instead of 9 makes a 6 days difference ?! Php is weird sometimes. :D

Please try again to post yout time CTG.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Duplode on November 06, 2008, 10:27:51 PM
Oh Krys, I'm sorry - I have just screwed up the scoreboard a bit by posting a blank time just to see what would happen... (I thought either the submission would fail or I would see the deadline bug) Anyway, isn't it odd that my input actually was registered despite the issues CTG is having? ???

Edit: it seems the system (or you?) purged the blank entry - but the strangeness still holds...
You posted this blank time just when I corrected the "09 instead of 9 bug". I saw it and deleted it from the DB immediately, thinking that CTG was still trying to post a time. :D

Oh, and I also changed the "look" of time submission form in English version of the website. Do you like it ?

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 06, 2008, 10:30:02 PM
But, I still don't understand why the issue happened suddenly and why writing 09 instead of 9 makes a 6 days difference ?! Php is weird sometimes. :D

The issue with leading zeroes immediately reminded me reminded me of octal numbers...

Quote from: http://br.php.net/manual/en/language.types.integer.phpSyntax

Integers can be specified in decimal (base 10), hexadecimal (base 16), or octal (base 8 ) notation, optionally preceded by a sign (- or +).

To use octal notation, precede the number with a 0 (zero). To use hexadecimal notation precede the number with 0x.

(...)

Warning

If an invalid digit is given in an octal integer (i.e. 8 or 9), the rest of the number is ignored.

Example #2 Octal weirdness
<?php
var_dump(01090); // 010 octal = 8 decimal
?>

...and it seems indeed to be the case. :)

CTG

WOOOOOOOOORKING!!! :D:D:D:D

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on November 06, 2008, 10:42:12 PM
The issue with leading zeroes immediately reminded me reminded me of octal numbers...
Turn repeating turn repeating mode off!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on November 06, 2008, 11:57:35 PM
Quote from: Duplode on November 06, 2008, 10:42:12 PM
Turn repeating turn repeating mode off!

Perhaps it better I write sentences a single direction, of rewinding due to every because of every of any single little mistake little...

Mark L. Rivers

I never hate a track as I'm hating this one.
Last section is worst than a lottery. And I don't like lottery...

Duplode

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on November 07, 2008, 03:20:30 PM

By now I think I have found a suitable analogy to describe what is the likelihood of finishing the last sector like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation#The_equation ...

Krys TOFF

I have an idea : simply follow the road. :D :P ;D

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on November 07, 2008, 03:32:16 PM

By now I think I have found a suitable analogy to describe what is the likelihood of finishing the last sector like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation#The_equation ...
???

Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 07, 2008, 04:06:50 PM
I have an idea : simply follow the road. :D :P ;D
So that's what was needed! I knew they couldn't do 1:17 off-road!

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on November 07, 2008, 04:11:01 PM
Quote from: Duplode on November 07, 2008, 03:32:16 PM

???

That equation gives an estimated number of extraterrestrial civilizations able to communicate with us from the whole set of stellar systems within our galaxy...

Mark L. Rivers

When I was 16 year old, I studied differential equations during my high school. I learnt that this kind of equations were able to calculate with absolute precision whatever movement, motion, action, system in order of the variables indicated. They can really determine the path of every body in motion in the universe. But sure they have a limit. They can't determinate how a Corvette has to be vectored to jump on several bankroads in FTT0109 in order to avoid a nervous crisis....

Chulk

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on November 07, 2008, 07:58:51 PM
...They can't determinate how a Corvette has to be vectored to jump on several bankroads in FTT0109 in order to avoid a nervous crisis....
Do you need my .rpl file. (Ooops, I talked too much...) ;)