News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

FTT0109

Started by Krys TOFF, October 19, 2008, 04:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

Thanks for your words, Duplode, and congratulations for your win in this race putting also strongly your hands on the title. (Sorry for the missed "smile" but it wouldn't be congruent with my current mood...). Anyway, As you can understand, your genuine (I have not reasons to think something different, worry not) words can't cancel a big unsatisfation that comes from two main causes.

1) I realized my time last 24th October, after my second session on the track. I knew it should be a good time, but I knew it wouldn't have been enough. When I realized it, I've not already perfectioned the first part of the track, and I arrived at the final bankroad tract almost at 60 seconds. After that trial, I arrived a lot of times (really more than a lot of times, 20, 30, more...) almost at 56 seconds, failing then the final cut. Frustrating.

2) Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that your time has been possible thanks to a well-guessed cut in the final part after a very fast first part. (I don't think you used PG, and I don't think for other "inventions" in the middle of the track). Well, I would be sure more content if I had lost the title in a more conventional track, where the main element in order to win was not a tract wherewith the ability was only a component in order to reach a good performance. I'm not saying that you won't deserve the win in this race. You deserve it, your time say it. But I don't think to say something stupid when I say that I wanted to defend my last possibilities against you in a "more linear race".

OK, let me metabolize my loss, before other comments...

CTG

My replay and video is OFFICIALLY lost, you can remove it. :-\

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on November 09, 2008, 10:07:47 PM
My replay and video is OFFICIALLY lost, you can remove it. :-\
WTF ?! Just after I updated the website ? :(
What happened ?

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on November 09, 2008, 08:52:56 PM
I don't think to say something stupid when I say that I wanted to defend my last possibilities against you in a "more linear race".

Well, sorry if you feel sad but I didn't design this track to let you loose, nor to let Duplode win.
To be honest, I don't think the last cut possibilities were so difficult, thing was to slow down the car a few before the cut, and land without turning or else the car would slide.
Once you know that, well, it's not so hard. Main thing is to try to avoid loosing speed on the grass and the hill, which I failed to do personnally.
Anyway, your time is really fast Mark. According to the fact that it was not your best car and it was not a track you liked, well, you did more than enough to prove your speed.

Also, I consider that JacStunts has enough "linear" flat tracks (like the current one that ends tomorrow, almost an Otto's track) and I tend to create tracks with jump possibilities. :)

I'm curious to see the replays now. Who cut very left and through the loop ? Who cut by the right of the loop (like I did personnally) ? Who stayed on the road (that is possible, my 1'17"xx time was done with racing the last elevated corner) ?
Answer when I'll get all the replays. ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 09, 2008, 11:01:58 PM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on November 09, 2008, 08:52:56 PM
I don't think to say something stupid when I say that I wanted to defend my last possibilities against you in a "more linear race".

Well, sorry if you feel sad but I didn't design this track to let you loose, nor to let Duplode win.

I never thought this.

To be honest, I don't think the last cut possibilities were so difficult, thing was to slow down the car a few before the cut, and land without turning or else the car would slide.
Once you know that, well, it's not so hard. Main thing is to try to avoid loosing speed on the grass and the hill, which I failed to do personnally.

I obviously didn't mean the cut was almost impossible. But, as you know having seen a lot of replays realized in the fight for the title, the level of the challenge was not set "come on, let's try to lose less time as possible..." but always set in order to realize almost extreme performances. Without that kind of performances, nobody won in the past. What I want to say, is that the winner wouldn't have been a driver that simply cut on the left saving time as more as possible. The winner could only be a driver who would have guessed an almost perfect cut, that is what I realized only one time in three weeks, that is, if I understood well, what Duplode has not realized many other times more than me. Maybe Duplode's replay will controvert me, but in this moment I think so.

Anyway, your time is really fast Mark. According to the fact that it was not your best car and it was not a track you liked, well, you did more than enough to prove your speed.

Thanks...

Chulk

Who stayed on the road?
I did. I tried to cut many times but always got slower times than going the "linear" way. It's also true I did that time with my best cut at small corners, so after that, even I tried both cuts, I was always slower.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

zaqrack

I also stayed on the road in my 1:14.20

Krys TOFF

Still missing Chulk's replay to do the update and delete CTG's time and correct points (are you really sure your video and replay are lost, or do you just want me to remove your time because you find it too slow CTG ? :P)

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 10, 2008, 10:13:16 PM
Still missing Chulk's replay to do the update and delete CTG's time and correct points (are you really sure your video and replay are lost, or do you just want me to remove your time because you find it too slow CTG ? :P)

I liked the track+car, 1:17.00 was a weak time even from me. ;D

(no replay, no video)

Krys TOFF

OK then, I'll delete your time from the scoreboard and adjust the points earned. But after I'll get the replay and video from Chulk, which are still missing... Chulk ? When can I expect them ?

Chulk

Tonight or tomorrow. The thing is my girfriend got plaster on her leg so I'm staying with her. And replay is in my computer.

Krys TOFF

OK, no problem. Take care of her, and try not to brake her leg next time you try position number 312 of Kama Sutra. :P ;D

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 12, 2008, 10:56:17 PM
OK, no problem. Take care of her, and try not to brake her leg next time you try position number 312 of Kama Sutra. :P ;D
It had nothing to do with that! She just tried to jump on me from the top of the wardrobe and miscalculated...

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on November 12, 2008, 11:30:48 PM
It had nothing to do with that! She just tried to jump on me from the top of the wardrobe and miscalculated...

Is she a panther or what? ;D

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on November 13, 2008, 08:11:48 AM
Quote from: Chulk on November 12, 2008, 11:30:48 PM

Is she a panther or what? ;D
No, I was laying on the bed and she was supposed to land over me...  :D  Just kidding, she had a sport injury.

Krys TOFF

Not so much time for computer this week-end, so I didn't updated the season points + the scoreboard of FTT0109 + verify Chulk's replay + update the stats page with new data (medal tables) + ...