News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Ranking of the Official NORH Races competed on the WEB

Started by Mark L. Rivers, October 21, 2008, 12:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

I think that would be good if FTT could include a page with the complete Ranking of the Official NORH Races competed on the WEB, that is since SDR NORH contest started, in May 2006.  :)
Adding the results of FTT with the two SDR seasons, currently we have the situation described in the attached image.

Highlights:

- Duplode is rising very strong and soon he could reach the top
- Best Average Gold for Duplode
- Only Mark and Krys ALWAYS on the tracks...  ;)

Krys TOFF

I plan to add the stats of SDR noRH competition on the website when I'll have time. ;) I won't count JACStunts races as long as no video proof of noRH racing is required there.

So far, I have to finish the new page design (larger than current one) that will go with the addition of the LTB for 2009 competition, in order to avoid too much height of the web pages. Best would be to get it all without beeing forced to use the scroll down.
And I have still have to do the spanish version of the website. Lazy me. ;D

CTG

And we also have to add the WSM races - the ONLY live event I trust in.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on October 21, 2008, 01:04:47 PM
Specific rules (5 attempts and penalty system) of WSM live races make them different.
I'm not sure the results of FTT and SDR races would have been the same with the WSM rules.
So, I can't compare WSM live races with SDR and FTT.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on October 21, 2008, 01:16:48 PM
Specific rules (5 attempts and penalty system) of WSM live races make them different.
I'm not sure the results of FTT and SDR races would have been the same with the WSM rules.
So, I can't compare WSM live races with SDR and FTT.

I'm agree.

Chulk

So do I. BTW, I have to start winning if I want to be back on top. I lead that table for a long time, but now I'm falling behind...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

CTG, you never renounce to insinuate doubts about the fealty of NORH drivers which take (took) part in FTT (SDR).
Well, I think you should conclude your argument in a definitive way. Too much times you try to spam your thoughts about the unreliability of the NORH results made with SDR - FTT system without demonstrating anything. Let me propose one more time your posts.

First exchange of thoughts, between you and me:

Quote from: CTG on June 02, 2006, 05:53:37 PM
I still say WSM LIVE RACE is the only original and real noRH contest (video files can be modified easily...).

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on October 10, 2007, 09:45:05 AM
CTG, when I arrived in Stunts racing world you always sent a NORH time for NORH ZakStunts' scoreboard. Your times were absolutely thunderous. I remember, for example, ZCT68, a quite long INDY car track (80"-90") where drivers had to keep a very, very, very long powergear, cutting the mountain, switching from a way to another and sliding in a very difficult way so not to take a easy penalty... But your time was only 10" higher than RH time, fantastic. You was always the first on the scoreboard, even if not all other drivers were sure that your NORH times were real.
So I thought that you was very happy when I announced the first official NORH contest availing DOSBox features. But, "strangely" your reaction was opposite. This is an extract of your comment:

Quote from: CTG on June 02, 2006, 05:53:37 PM
I still say WSM LIVE RACE is the only original and real noRH contest (video files can be modified easily...).

After seeing the enthusiasm of other drivers, you said that you had some problems to use DOSBox but finally you resolved them.

In fact, afterward, you took part in a SDR NORH race, that is "Control" (October 2006), with a very fluent video wherewith you arrived 3rd, distance 1" from me and 1"15 from Chulk.
And last March you was afraid for leaving last NORH race. The reason wasn't any problems with DOSBox (the fluency of your videos was almost perfect, even if not like pure DOS, exactly like for all us). As you said, the reason was the time.

Quote from: CTG on March 21, 2007, 10:09:05 PM
Sorry for leaving out te last noRH race but nowadays I'm too busy to spend more time on Stunts.

Another your trial (very fluent video again) this year, in "Smart" (May 2007), but maybe with less conviction. You arrived 5th (last one), distance 4" from Chulk, 3"40 from me, 1"35 from Duplode and 0"60 from Krys TOFF.
Stop here for you with NORH races.

It's difficult to understand why a so "dogged" NORH player who raced when his perfomances couldn't be considered reliable, fighting only with one or two other drivers, then decided to abandon totally the same specialty after he had the possibility to measure himself with others in an official contest.

Maybe one day you'll give us a valid explanation about it...  ;)

Anyway, I don't know that drivers who Chulk mentioned are afraid of you. About current NORH drivers, I don't think they are afraid of you too. Sure I'm not.  ;)  So if you will want to take part at current NORH official contest, you're welcome. And if you'll demonstrate that we should be afraid of you, I'm the first one who will be happy to race against you. But, even if I hope to be wrong, I feel that you won't race in the NORH official contest... or not?  ;)

2nd exchange of thoughts, between you and Krys:

Quote from: CTG on October 16, 2007, 08:20:06 AM
Since we can't trust in online live races (yes we can't, still talking about video editors) the only way to test no-RH skills is the LIVE WSM RACE!

With a good video editor it's about 3 minutes extra time to create a quasi-no-RH replay without serious traces.

Quote from: Krys TOFF on October 16, 2007, 11:55:33 AM
Quote from: CTGWith a good video editor it's about 3 minutes extra time to create a quasi-no-RH replay without serious traces.
Cheaters always find a way to cheat... ::)
Anyway, in SDR competition you have to send your replay AND your video. Video must be recorded while racing, not while watching a replay that could be a RH one. Are you able to do a RH replay and edit your video to match it perfectly ? Maybe that's the reason why you never joined SDR noRH competition : you fear to be caught cheating with false noRH replay. :P

Quote from: CTG on October 16, 2007, 01:38:35 PM
Krys: it can be edited perfectly, I know it EXACTLY. ;)

(I close here this exchange of thoughts not reporting the subsequent strong reactions of Chulk, Duplode and me).

3rd exchange of thoughts, between you and me:

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on October 08, 2008, 04:52:55 PM
Quote from: CTG on October 08, 2008, 04:23:44 PM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on October 08, 2008, 04:14:52 PM
Quote from: CTG on October 08, 2008, 11:26:23 AM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on October 08, 2008, 10:47:12 AM
It will be enough for him saying that he didn't want to affect the final result...  ;)

I won't try to finish on the podium... ;D

I had not doubts about it, I wrote what I wrote just for you...  ;)

I know ;D

Btw how can I help Duplode to win the title? ;D

First of all, you should be able to arrive ahead me...  ;)    But you will have not to forget to send your video proof realized with DOSBox.... (Oooops, I was forgetting that you declared in the past that it's really easy realizing a cheat video to proof a NORH race....  So... are you able to find a best occasion to demonstrate it....?  ;))

Quote from: CTG on October 08, 2008, 08:38:41 PM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on October 08, 2008, 04:52:55 PM
are you able to find a best occasion to demonstrate it....?  ;)

Exactly... :P

And finally, today, the umpteenth your thought, absolutely not provoked:

So, sincerly and with the maximus calm an serenity, I really think that you have now only two possibilities:

1) Demonstrate unequivocally your theory realizing a cheated video wherewith you astonish all of us, obtaining in a NORH race a time near to a RH result (alternatively you could try at least to win a NORH race in FTT...);

2) Close here the "infinite" continuum of nonsense thoughts about the reliability of NORH result made with DOSBox.

;)

CTG

Mark: without any personal things against you, just to protect my opinion.

My answer is short and simple. I never said (seriously) that I can win a noRH race. Imagine a cheated winning replay from me - it would be really suspicious, wouldn't it? I'm racing fair in FTT - not always having time and mood for it but still... sometimes I race. You ask me to prove it's possible to make a cheat video? I don't have to do it. Watch my video about Alain's great replay and then try to watch in Stunts too. You will discover that it crashes (I'm sure you know this bug when a finished replay seems to be unfinished with crash, just a lot longer) - so I had to re-wind it, record again and then cut the two videos together. Does it seem to be fluent at YouTube? Yes. It's not that hard to find the connecting moment...

To make an easy cheat video, I would do:

1, recording live game with RH fluently in DOS-Box
2, capturing it from Media Player with another video maker program (like Snag It)
3, cut it - even Windows Movie Maker is able to do that fast

I also know some video editors being able to handle the DOS-Box codec videos, it makes a lot easier...

Not so much time to make... My quasi-slow replays are the proof for my fair racing: WSM participants saw my skills and they can tell you if that's realistic or not. Or even you can tell: you could saw my camera recorded Default lap.

I don't say you, Duplode or anybody else is cheating. I just try to say that cheating is possible and since that I can't be sure about how pure an FTT/SDR noRH race is. Maybe it's only paranoia, maybe not.

I hope you see my point even if you don't agree with it. I told you this without any malice thoughts. Have a nice evening.

Mark L. Rivers

CTG: without any personal things against you, and without any malicious thought.

If realizing a cheated video is so simple and fast as you are saying, why spending a lot of words to explain it instead to make a real cheated video, why not, for last FTT race just finished? Have a nice evening.

CTG

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on October 21, 2008, 11:59:28 PM

CTG: without any personal things against you, and without any malicious thought.

If realizing a cheated video is so simple and fast as you are saying, why spending a lot of words to explain it instead to make a real cheated video, why not, for last FTT race just finished? Have a nice evening.

Because I have no Snag It installed at the moment... ;) But if you need it, I'll do after my delayed XP re-install.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: CTG on October 22, 2008, 12:03:01 AM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on October 21, 2008, 11:59:28 PM

Because I have no Snag It installed at the moment... ;) But if you need it, I'll do after my delayed XP re-install.

Since who has to demonstrate something it's not me, I don't need anything. Anyway, I would be really glad to see your OMG video, so I'll wait for your XP re-installation and your video... Only, during next weeks and months, permit me to remember you that you still haven't proof your affirmations in the case you'll express one more time your doubts about the reliability of SDR-FTT NORH results...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on October 21, 2008, 12:21:06 PM
I think that would be good if FTT could include a page with the complete Ranking of the Official NORH Races competed on the WEB, that is since SDR NORH contest started, in May 2006. :)
This is now done in the new "results and stats" page.