News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

FTT0108

Started by Mark L. Rivers, September 29, 2008, 04:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on November 03, 2008, 09:14:28 PM
Let me guess: Chulk must have saved 2 - 2.5 seconds with the loopcut, but Mark surpassed that with a near-perfect line from the initial hill to the short pipe section, maybe helped by exceptionally high speed through the elevated corner.

Analysis is bit different respect you thought, Duplode. I saw that cutting the loop was not so adventageous if the cut was not really perfect (Krys almost did it...  ;)). Speed loss due to touch the grass canceled a big part of saved time, and in fact Krys saved almost 2 seconds but losing a lot in the subsequent tract (only partially due to be arrived too long before to turn on the last ramp). Chulk's careful cut saved on me only 1 second (arriving to overtake me overall for only 0,20 seconds on top of the hill). It can seem that Chulk has lost the race arriving too long (like Krys but a bit less) before the last ramp, but I'm not sure about. He rescued 0,40 seconds in the last tract, but due to a higher speed than me, just having approach the last ramp by a longer previous tract on the asphalt, just being arrived long cutting the tunnel after the bankroad. If he wasn't arrived long, probably he wouldn't rescue the 0,40 seconds, due to a lower final speed... In stead, Duplode was really close to the top until Intermediate 5, but due to a bad choice ( half bankroad on the asphalt and half on the grass) and a very big mistake (he almost stopped his car to insert it on the last ramp), he has lost about 2 seconds only between 5th and 6th Intermediate. Finally, great final section for AbuRaf70 (4th time ahead CTG and Krys)!  :)

Chulk

I knew I had gone too far in that tunnel part, but I didn't think it would be so important... DAMN!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on November 03, 2008, 10:27:08 PM
I knew I had gone too far in that tunnel part, but I didn't think it would be so important... DAMN!

Almost the same for me - I knew it was too much to reduce to first gear there, but I thought as long as I did the cut really short it wouldn't be so bad. Awww....

Krys TOFF

At least, I was loopcut master. :P :D

Mark L. Rivers

Sorry, I had not attached the image that shows the placements of the Intermediates...  ::)