News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Shape ideas

Started by CTG, October 22, 2008, 06:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

I was playing a bit with Stressed and built a totally imaginary bodywork from zero. Maybe it won't be ever a car but still...  ;)

Duplode

This reminds me a bit of the Batmobile from "Batman Begins"... :)

zaqrack

No, this is Frankenstein's car :)

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on October 23, 2008, 07:23:09 AM
No, this is Frankenstein's car :)

That's why I'm not a car designer at Audi. ;D

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on October 23, 2008, 05:21:02 AM
This reminds me a bit of the Batmobile from "Batman Begins"... :)

I thought about that too. BTW, the worst Batmobile ever. The best one is the one from Michael Keaton's movies.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Can somebody design the Lamborghini Reventon ?

20 cars only will be produced, very rare car. 20 cylinders, marvelous looking car. But not cheap. ;D

dstien

Reminds me of something from Carmageddon 1... :)

CTG

Today's plan: updated Knight Rider cheat car... ;)

Chulk

Nice looks from those blueprints. Hope you can make it real.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Overdrijf

I wonder, what would happen if one would design a motorbike?

zaqrack

that would be fun to drive between the slalom blocks :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Overdrijf on February 18, 2009, 12:47:08 AM
Problem would be the wheels I think, I don't know if game engine would accept 2 wheels only. Or maybe the trick is to "stuck" 2 front and 2 rear wheels slim wheels to make them look like 1 wheel. Also, I don't think the bike can pend over right and left properly, it will stay straight right.
Maybe it would be better the to design a side car (2 front wheels stuck to form 1, separated rear wheels and no problem is bike don't pend over in turns then.

Overdrijf

Quote from: Krys TOFF on February 18, 2009, 10:48:54 AM
Quote from: Overdrijf on February 18, 2009, 12:47:08 AM
Problem would be the wheels I think, I don't know if game engine would accept 2 wheels only. Or maybe the trick is to "stuck" 2 front and 2 rear wheels slim wheels to make them look like 1 wheel. Also, I don't think the bike can pend over right and left properly, it will stay straight right.
Maybe it would be better the to design a side car (2 front wheels stuck to form 1, separated rear wheels and no problem is bike don't pend over in turns then.

It might be worse, it might tip over in the corner because it doesn't pend over and it has such a small base. A 3 wheeler moves just like a normal car, should be doable...

Krys TOFF

Or maybe a tricycle like this one :

Or a chinese version like this :

Or even a motor one like that :

dstien

Making a tricycle shouldn't be a problem, just hide the second visual front wheel. AFAIK the physical wheels are placed at fixed positions (unless the positions are hidden among the unknown values in the tuning data), so it will still act like a four wheeled vehicle.