News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Shape ideas

Started by CTG, October 22, 2008, 06:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: CTG on January 30, 2013, 09:10:49 AM
Porsche 550 Spyder: dashboard

Is it possible to make a dashboard with transparent parts? Spyder has a way too small windscreen to apply the usual pvs modules.

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on February 04, 2013, 09:03:49 AM
Is it possible to make a dashboard with transparent parts? Spyder has a way too small windscreen to apply the usual pvs modules.

Yes, it is. Dashboard resources with an "m" suffix (dasm, inm1, etc.) are transparency masks. I suggest you to check the Indy dashboard, I believe it is quite close to what you want to achieve.

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on February 07, 2013, 07:50:40 PM
Quote from: CTG on February 04, 2013, 09:03:49 AM

Yes, it is. Dashboard resources with an "m" suffix (dasm, inm1, etc.) are transparency masks. I suggest you to check the Indy dashboard, I believe it is quite close to what you want to achieve.

1, Thank you!
2, How could I be that stupid, I've already edited Indy's dashboard in 2009... :D
3, It gave me a silly idea that needs a lot of time to complete (maybe it isn't worth to do).

CTG

*#&@??ß[??]!!! >:(

Losing some custom vehicles by copying files - in a bad direction...

Friker

Quote from: CTG on February 10, 2013, 10:23:20 PM

Your mum did not teach you to backup your data? :P

CTG

Quote from: Friker on February 10, 2013, 11:06:36 PM
Quote from: CTG on February 10, 2013, 10:23:20 PM

Your mum did not teach you to backup your data? :P

That was the backup process... ;D

(the punishment for editing cars at my workplace? :D)

Rumours say that they spy our internet usage.

dreadnaut

Versioning is a very good habit to pick up, if you have 5 minutes to read a tutorial. hg or git will save you a lot of pain.

CTG

Quote from: dreadnaut on February 11, 2013, 01:39:12 AM
Versioning is a very good habit to pick up, if you have 5 minutes to read a tutorial. hg or git will save you a lot of pain.

It happened when I wanted to copy the files from the pendrive to the computer. Somebody was talking to me, I wasn't really aware and picked the inverse direction. It would not be a big problem (as the files were still there), but after that the pendrive was formatted, because I needed the whole storing capacity for something else. Few hours later I recognized the mistake...  :o (quite typical deconcentration error)

Not a big loss anyway:

- Flinstone car (only .3sh)
- Skoda 120 (only the crappy 3D model)
- roller & bike  (easy shapes)
- Bugatti Veyron's dashboard (90% ready)
- Ikarus colorset + engine setting (the last version was made on my own computer)

alanrotoi

What about the Mean Machine 00 from Wacky Races?

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on February 15, 2013, 09:19:31 PM
What about the Mean Machine 00 from Wacky Races?

Feel free to create it.

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on November 09, 2012, 01:06:02 AM
Quote from: CTG on November 06, 2012, 09:34:22 AM
Btw I think this one will be the slowest Stunts vehicle ever. Top speed is around 120 km/h (~75 mph), acceleration (0-100 km/h) must be about 25-30 s.  ;D

Slower than this one?  :D
(Attached is a .RES file intended for JTK's van that was lying in my Stunts folder - last modification date is 2010-10-24. I think that the tuning data roughly matches the specs JTK posted in one of the threads; I probably have made it a little bit faster for sanity reasons, though.)

I wonder if somebody finishes the "JTK's van" project and we use it at least once in a competition, will the lazy Kalpens come back?

If the answer is 'yes', I'll start it immediately. :D

zaqrack

they are not lazy just busy making music :)

CTG

Best of communism, raw shape  ;D

Friker

I like it :) It is suitable for Skoda, too. :)

CTG

Quote from: Friker on March 31, 2013, 11:56:42 PM
I like it :) It is suitable for Skoda, too. :)

Quite strange, but it's harder to make a "box car" than any other. The simplicity makes them quite similar - and since they are small cars compared to a Corvette or LM002, you can't give them their real characteristics (e.g. 1 unit is too small for rear lamps width, while 2 units seem to be way too much). However, the Trabant will be updated.