News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Shape ideas

Started by CTG, October 22, 2008, 06:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryoma

Good question. Waiting for the answer.

Cas

We didn't do the whole process of converting from TD3 to Stunts. We took the models from a Blender file that was available in another forum from somebody who had done the conversion TD3 -> Blender and then, we had to make some touches to complete Blender -> Stunts. With the dashboard, we didn't have a way to read it from TD3, so I simply took screenshots and clipped them and then put them together. This means that this process, at least from our modest perspective, is non-reversible. But... if you do know the format in which these files are stored in TD3, then it should be possible.

If you were to do something like that, you would have to do some extra work. The car behaviour characteristics are likely entirely different from those of Stunts. We haven't imported that at all. So you would have to recreate that. And TD3 dashboard include a 3D-shape part too, with windshield cleaners and all that Stunts does not. They even have a ceiling mirror!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Ryoma

Do you know this Old anime ?
Pole position is inspired by the videogame from Namco. Only 13 épisodes. The car is closed to Knight Rider (Hovercraft mode, Hook,etc...)

Cas

I've never seen that anime, but it'd be interesting to watch :D  The car looks very whimsical and the dreamlike environment of 80s sci-fi cartoons is really appealing to me!  So are you going to make this car? :D

Ryoma

The cartoon is liké stunts. But it's difficult to see it now and it stayed in m'y childhood memory.

The opening.
https://youtu.be/dh_xGfrdbhY

Ryoma

GTAManRCR

Why so classified? No top speed at all?
Hejj bicska, bicska, bicska csantavéri kisbicska!

Ryoma

Turbo and Zoom are two cars from a secret organization. I thought it was a good idea to write "classified" on the characterics.

Cas

It looks amazing! :D  If I can give a suggestion, instead of the repeating "Classified", it could be just one line that says "Other specs. classified".

dreadnaut

Ryoma, feel free to upload the screenshots as attachements here. You can attach more than one file to a post. That way, they will not disappear when CasImages* decides to delete them.

* no relation to Cas, unfortunately

Cas

Quote from: dreadnautno relation to Cas, unfortunately
Yes, ha, ha... It called my attention when I saw it. I thought "Maybe my future-self created an image hosting site and took it to the present" XD  But no, it's not me :P

Ryoma

Quote from: CTG on March 03, 2015, 07:23:32 PM
There are already 2 Ferrari cars. However, Porsche is still leading with 4...

I did a Porsche...but now Ferrari lead with 14 cars and more 15 with the Thema 8.32.

ls it possible to share the Dodge Stealth in obj format here ? I am not easy about dump file.

GTAManRCR

Quote from: KyLiE on February 19, 2021, 06:02:21 AM
As soon as we have the car working properly, including the 3D model, dashboard and performance, it will be released for everyone to enjoy. :)
Here it is Ryoma

Ryoma

Yes I remember thanks.

I saw the car yesterday but I let it to Cas and Kylie.

For the moment, I modify the originals cars in order to have car1 as a copy of car0 (with ratio 20 of course).

I modify a lot the lm002, are you interested ? (gearbox shift and shape)

GTAManRCR

I think I'm not the only one who would appreciate this