News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

new wip car

Started by cody, October 26, 2008, 07:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cody

a 1988 ford ranger

far from game ready, but its a start. im glad to find stressed for windows!

edit: when i try to load the new .obj, i get an error (3rd picture)

here my .obj and .3ds

Krys TOFF

Would suits fine for offroad track, of course. :)
Keep up the good work Cody.

dstien

Good to see you're still around, cody! Try the latest stressed build, I've fixed this issue. You may have to scale up your model a little, and you should use the predefined Stunts materials. To get the materials into your modelling tool just open a stock shape exported from stressed.

cody

i got a question, does stunts support models with open edges?

dstien

Stunts polygons are not nested in structures, so all edges are open. This allows you to use two-sided faces or remove unneeded ones.

cody

more problems... when i import my .obj, it imports all the polygons, but some are in the wrong spot. and when i start stunts, i get cannot find shape error. mabey its my model. can someone look at my .obj? i also got a 3ds too(first post)

dstien

I didn't have any trouble getting the shape in-game. Did your file include all the needed shape resources (car[0-2], exp[0-3]), and did you name your file correctly? Shape resource files saved from stressed must have the .3SH extension.

• The reason some vertices are in the wrong spot is due to the small scale of your model. The stock car1/car2 shapes are about 100 units long, your shape is 15. This means there are only 15 possible Z values beacuse Stunts uses integer coordinates. To gain precision your model needs to be bigger.
  • Move your model along the Z axis so it's centered above (0, 0, 0) to align the model with the fixed collision box and the center of mass.
  • Wheels are needed because they are subject to transformation.
  • As described in my first post you have to use a fixed set of materials.

Hope this helps! :)

Duplode

Glad to see you're still following us, Cody - and nice work on the Ranger! :)

cody

good news, got the truck ingame, but i need to do some scaling and rotating... just need to add new dashboard, and add colors

Chulk

That Ranger looks great! Nice to see you back and working creating Cody.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

cody

redoing the model, the original had to many glitchy polygons. as of now, i got the dash and .res file done

here a new dash preview

CTG

Was it inspired by 'Walker, the Texas ranger'? :D

Duplode

I really like your dashboard , it looks very natural - I think I'll use this mix-and-match approach to design one for Skyline.

Chulk

I like those too buttons. "Kill" and "Fire"
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

cody

it seems you like my dash so im uploading a beta of it. anything i make can be used freely by others.

the new ranger model is gona look much better than the one i got ingame.
here is a word of advice, neva have overlaying polygons of different colors as they will look glitchy ingame