News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Dobsina (USC 58)

Started by CTG, October 30, 2008, 10:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

The race will end in (from now) 2 days, 20 hours and 33 minutes - Friday-to-Saturday midnight in Hungarian time.

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on December 03, 2008, 02:18:30 AM
When is Dobsina's deadline? I can't enter the site, don't know why...

5th December 2008, midnight. You have 62 hours and 43 minutes left. ;) Edit: Whoops I just discovered the previous answer of Duplode. :)

Dunno what's the problem with the site, it's working for me. Anyway there's an alternative link too: http://unskilled.tvn.hu

CTG

6... It's getting less and less embarrassing - but I hope to see even more pipsqueaks. ;)

Official scoreboard of Dobsina

no   name               time               gap          pts
1CTG1:50.30---16
2Duplode1:59.05+ 8.7514
3Super Brian2:14.20+23.9012
4AbuRaf 702:17.45+27.1510
5Chulk2:21.60+31.308
6dstien2:27.05+36.756

Mark L. Rivers

Wait for my replay, even if don't expect a win... you know, Lancia is a slow car...

CTG

Great to hear your participation!

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 03, 2008, 04:55:45 PM
you know, Lancia is a slow car...

Not THAT slow, sometimes it hits 200 mph and even more. ;)

Edit: my final time is on the scoreboard (site updated with RH/noRH stats and WRL)

Edit #2: Super Brian is flying! He broke the 2 minutes limit and came up to second! WOW!

Edit #3: another Danish on the podium, Bonzai Joe just ahead of Super Brian.

Edit #4: Chulk made a great, 18 seconds improvement but it means only one step higher, overtaking AbuRaf.

Edit #5: Krys is also in the race. 8 pipsqueaks. Not so bad. :)

Official scoreboard of Dobsina

no   name               time               gap          pts
1CTG1:49.90---16
2Bonzai Joe1:57.10+ 7.2014
3Super Brian1:58.30+ 8.4012
4Duplode1:59.05+ 9.1510
5Chulk2:03.30+13.408
6AbuRaf 702:17.45+27.556
7Krys Toff2:21.90+32.004
8dstien2:27.05+37.152

Krys TOFF

I raced only yesterday and won't be home tonight, no time to perform THE trick of the track that is worth, roughly, 15-20 seconds.
Congrats to SuperBrian, he did THIS trick. Well done partner, I'm proud of your performance. I hope you'll keep the podium, you deserve it.

BonzaiJoe

Whoa, SuperBrian, very nice!

By the way, none of the tricks I do in this track are worth 15-20 seconds...
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

We have a potential winner beating my time heavily. Maybe another pipsqueak will also do it. Or two... :) (I promised no updates so this one is just oil in the fire... :D)

CTG

We have the winner. 95 percent. That 5 covers the e-mail delays. Update: around 1 am, if the firewall allows me using the virus infected Namo WebEditor from my old HDD. If not: afternoon (from the lab).

CTG

Dobsina final results & replays, WRL, stats, wiki medal table are updated! ;)

Congratulations to Mark L. Rivers, well deserved victory: his winning lap is quite strong with making THE TRICK. CTG made about the same replay just a lot slower: before 1:20 it was just very pure minimalist RH - analysis will show. :D Huge gaps thanks to the cork up/down... Special congratulations to Super Brian, splendid 4th place! BJ, Duplode: lazy bones! :P (motivating insult)

Now let's move to Eszék and make a bit more interesting race! ;)

Chulk

Damn! If Mark had been just a bit slower, I would have 1 extra point. I regret not finding some more centiseconds in the bridges part...
I knew that cork jump was the key but after some tries, I gave up trying as I got bored...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

Well, I know that my final time realized 2 days ago could be enough to win, but I thought that BJ or Duplode made a strong attack in the last hour... Better so!  ;)
I had realized 2 finished laps before. The first one (1:58,xx without sound) jumping on the right of the U/D corkscrew and rebounding until the road just before the bankroad. Last Monday (1st December) I re-drove the entire race overtaking the U/D corkscrew in the same way, obtaining 1:48,xx. But after that, I understand that I had chosen a bad way to approach the ice tract placed after 30 seconds of race, losing almost 2 seconds...  ::)  So I re-drove another time the track from the ice tract, succeeding to increase the advantage thanks to closing a bit more the 180 degrees (specular fast chicanes, I think I made that curve not bad) before the key-tract. This time I succeed to jump from the bridge of the U/D corkscrew landing on the bankroad with an advantage over 4 seconds on my previous attempt. But then, I didn't succeed to find the rebound I had found in my 2nd replay (between the ramps series) and so I arrived to the last tract before the loop with a lower speed. Anyway a final unexpcted cut has permitted me to close in 1:45,00.
Nice car/track combo, and nice race for me. I would have preferred a higher engagement from the other drivers, but... I'm satisfied for my race and my skill with Lancia...  ;)

P.S.  CTG, even Brazil is a nice nation that I find very charming, I think that the tag "ITA" beside my name on the scoreboard sounds more suitable...  :D  ;) :)

Duplode

Mark did really catch all of us by surprise - I think "classy" and "stylish", as CTG wrote on the USC news, is really the best adjective for describing it.  8) But the pipsqueak I'm really amazed by this time is SuperBrian! His lap is very solid, and the result is even more impressive after noticing it was not only done with autogears, but also without either of the loopcuts... despite narrowly missing the third place this time, he is very likely to become a regular podium visitor as soon as he completes the switch to manuals. Congratulations Brian!  ;)

Quote from: CTG on December 06, 2008, 01:20:18 AM
BJ, Duplode: lazy bones! :P (motivating insult)

Well, it seems BJ was the one able to make lazy racing more effective this time  :) The comparison between our section times will be interesting - I want to find whether I dropped those two seconds due to technical or tactical reasons.

CTG

Analysis: I can promise anything but probably it won't become true in 2 days or so. But I'm also very interested in the section times: Mark was ahead by 5.5 seconds before the jumps (around 1:20) and also 5.5 seconds at the last loop (4.90 at the end). On the other hand Super Brian was faster than me in certain sections before the cork part - with auto gears! :D  :o  ::)

AbuRaf70

Excepcional tiempo final de Mark, con un manejo impecable, extrayendo del Lancia todo su potencial en cada parte de la pista...  FELICITACIONES MAESTRO...!!!

Un poco más atrás, quedaron CTG y BJ, tomados por sorpresa, tal vez...

Pero la verdadera sorpresa la dió SuperBrian, con un sorprendente replay que lo ubicó en el 4º lugar...  enhorabuena...!!!
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.